• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[2018] Marriott's Newport Coast Villas

Luvtoride

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Cypress Harbor
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Desert Springs Villas II
Marriott Grande Ocean
True.
..........and thank goodness we all have choices. That's the sweet thing about timeshares, we get to pick what and where we purchase.
Many resorts are sold out or close to it, so apparently each appealed to someone strongly. A hole-in-the-wall can be something special
while a castle is more suited to another.

And we each married somebody different. I'm personally grateful for that one.
I got a Platinum Plus wife for cheap---
had I paid what she's worth I could NEVER have afforded it (my maintenance fees HAVE continued to rise, but that's life, right?)

There are so-so resorts in spectacular locations, and amazing resorts in unremarkable spots, and both work.
We've experienced both and actually enjoy the variety.
Same wife, different vacation destinations---that's the safe way to do it. :)

Marty, you are either a very brave man or know your wife doesn’t read TUG BB’s! LOL I was really laughing reading your post! Happy holidays!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Marty, you are either a very brave man or know your wife doesn’t read TUG BB’s! LOL I was really laughing reading your post! Happy holidays!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I took it to say her married up but without a princess mentality, as did many of us, fortunately.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
I would rate Marriott Newport Coast as one of my favorite Marriott resorts. While I also love Marriott Ko Olina (it is one of my home resorts), I thought Marriott Newport Coast was a little nicer than Marriott Ko Olina and had more character and individuality. I think we were in a renovated 2 bedroom. It was in excellent condition and the decor was very SoCal. The location is also excellent. The views are beautiful even in partial ocean view units. The main pool area is spectacular. They have great Mai Tai’s, better than Hawaii. It is on a hill or cliff but I did not find it difficult to walk around. If you are in good health, walking up stairs is fairly easy. We stayed in a villa where the parking is right in front of the unit. This was very handy for unloading and loading luggage. I am fairly picky and we stay in 4 and 5 star accommodations only. It met my standards and expectations. Also they provide free saltwater taffy at the reception desk. A little bonus, IMO. The employees at Marriott Newport Coast were very nice too. Oh, let me add this, I thought the 2 bedroom villas at Marriott Newport Coast felt homey and more like a condo than some other timeshares I have stayed in. They do not offer any housekeeping not even mid week, so this could be a negative to some people. I actually prefer that no one bothers me all week.

Reactions: jme

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
Hmmm, I'm shocked that you ranked it that low. I do remember seeing that ranking when you listed it.

Our experience and impression of the resort was different (not addressing the "ordinary quality" issue, I know), but looking back,
it was very early in our Marriott resort travels, so comparisons were short.
We visited in 2003 when our kids were in their early teens.
It was one of our more enjoyable family vacations, and the setting was as beautiful as they come.
I'm thinking that maybe for us, the resort's gorgeous setting superseded all else.
Our eyes were still wide open with new mega-resort style vacationing!

We did get what looked like a brand new villa, I remember that. I think they were constructed in 2000, just 3 years prior,
so it appeared wonderful.
That said, we didn't spend any time in the villa at all, and because of that I don't remember ANYTHING about what the villa
looked like specifically, what was in it, or the layout.
We did spend a good bit of time at the big pool---it was pristine, and had a great view. When we first arrived I was impressed with the
huge lobby and check-in area.....it seemed the prettiest I had seen. The staff was superb, and helped us arrange a private tour of Hollywood (Walk of Fame, Rodeo Drive, homes of stars, etc). We also drove around a lot, visited Newport Beach for
dining and shopping, and even a movie. We saw a lot in the area, up and down the coast, including the San Diego Zoo.

Our unit assignment was one of the best ever, to this day. We had a top floor unit with a spectacular view of the Pacific,
and we were close to the parking deck. Our building was up the hill from the golf course, and now they have built
many more units below that building. The landscaping was beautiful.
The cliffs and beach below the resort were breathtaking....we walked the beach a good bit.

Most of our time was off-site, granted, but I didn't particularly notice any quality issues at the resort proper. At least none jumped out.
Probably wasn't looking, and due to being with the kids I was perhaps oblivious if any were present. If it was generic and ordinary,
I guess we had not traveled much around the Marriott system as of yet. (I'm grasping.)
I trust your judgment more than anyone's, so I've been wracking my brain to remember anything deficient or even "ordinary",
but I can't come up with anything. I'm not denying it at all, but I'm pleading ignorance. We were too engaged apparently.

Not entirely in line with your focus here, so I'll simply say again that our experience was superb, hence my higher rating,
but again, that doesn't address the ordinary quality issue specifically.
Because of the time elapsed since 2003, I'd have to say I'll keep my ears open, and be more discerning if we go back.
Your personal ratings have been a very good influence, and quite contributory toward our travel plans.

Recent PHOTOS of resort:
The resort landscape has definitely matured since we were there in 2003.

https://www.google.com/maps/uv?hl=en&pb=!1s0x80dce1258d616ca7:0x1809856112b9460d!2m22!2m2!1i80!2i80!3m1!2i20!16m16!1b1!2m2!1m1!1e1!2m2!1m1!1e3!2m2!1m1!1e5!2m2!1m1!1e4!2m2!1m1!1e6!3m1!7e115!4shttps://lh5.googleusercontent.com/p/AF1QipP1wQ2WTgIplWWTlRuOrk4FonpvNwGSgin_iwn9=w478-h320-k-no!5smarriott's newport coast villas - Google Search&imagekey=!1e10!2sAF1QipMIKitWY9kBWw6B3sZCA1gskQh_EQSZC_0GcJWE&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjOueSzg4nfAhUDneAKHW_aAkkQoiowDXoECAMQBg

I was just at Marriott Newport Coast in October 2018. I had the same exact experience as you and I could cut and paste your review into my review, word for word. I agree with your impressions of the resort. It is also one of my favorites. But we each have different expectations and likes/dislikes. It is okay for Tuggers to disagree. I especially loved the Spanish architectural style of Marriott Newport Coast as well as everything else you mentioned.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Just for my future reference, since I loved almost everything about Marriott Newport Coast, I would be interested to hear from Tuggers who rated it toward the bottom of their list. Why do you think it rates so low for you compared to other Marriott resorts? What are your favorite Marriott timeshare resorts and why? I have not visited as many as other people so this may help me and others choose our future destinations.

BocaBoy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Chateau
It's always interesting how subtle experiences and minor issues affect our enjoyment/opinion of a resort. I've developed the opinion that some are location oriented and some are more resort oriented though most are some variation between the 2, it's just where you lean. Usually we're more resort oriented but we really want both a very nice resort and a good location. For us GO is our top pick, haven't been to NC though. We really like Heritage, Monarch was OK but nothing special. Overall we like Grande Vista better than LR.
Very well said....I agree totally with your balance between resort specific and location specific features, and I could never rank a resort near the top unless it has extremely high quality villas. And we agree that Grande Ocean ranks high in both resort quality and location. As for the others you mention, however, it illustrates how people's tastes differ. I consider Grande Vista extremely ordinary and ranked it 25th out of 30, while Heritage Club is my lowest ranked of all the 30 MVCI resorts we have stayed at (although we did enjoy our stay--Marriott has no "bad" resorts).

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
--Marriott has no "bad" resorts).
Well, maybe, LOL. Maybe not bad but a couple that are far below the rest IMO. But compared to many systems, I'd agree.

Luvtoride

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Cypress Harbor
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Desert Springs Villas II
Marriott Grande Ocean
Well, maybe, LOL. Maybe not bad but a couple that are far below the rest IMO. But compared to many systems, I'd agree.

I rarely see a comment here on Marriott Villas at Doral, but I would rate that property at the bottom of my list of MVC resorts I’ve stayed at.

We did have access to the pool facilities at Doral CC across the street (before it was a Trump National) but that barely made up for the bare bones facilities at the MVC Doral.

I like the way they advertise it as “only a mere 13miles from excitement of Miami Beach”!

It felt like we were staying at a nice Motel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big Matt

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Just for my future reference, since I loved almost everything about Marriott Newport Coast, I would be interested to hear from Tuggers who rated it toward the bottom of their list. Why do you think it rates so low for you compared to other Marriott resorts? What are your favorite Marriott timeshare resorts and why? I have not visited as many as other people so this may help me and others choose our future destinations.

I've been to NCV three times and I'm mixed because some of what I love about it gets cancelled out by some of the things I don't like.

The good: beautiful grounds with trees, shrubs, flowers that remind you of a Mediterranean resort. Great view of the Pacific including sunsets. One time I was there on the 4th of July and you could see fireworks up and down the coast. The location is great in proximity to Laguna, Balboa, etc. Of course the weather was great.

The not so good: beaches aren't great near the resort. The hills and terrain aren't good if you have any type of mobility issues (I don't). There aren't any restaurants or shops within walking distance. The pools are nothing special. I found security to be lacking. Villas are just okay.

Would I go back? Yes.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I rarely see a comment here on Marriott Villas at Doral, but I would rate that property at the bottom of my list of MVC resorts I’ve stayed at.

We did have access to the pool facilities at Doral CC across the street (before it was a Trump National) but that barely made up for the bare bones facilities at the MVC Doral.

I like the way they advertise it as “only a mere 13miles from excitement of Miami Beach”!

It felt like we were staying at a nice Motel.

One could say that about it's sister property, Legends Edge, as well but I do enjoy it. I was thinking Harbour Pointe and Vail to be honest and for me personally I'd put KBC and Manor Club in there as well though all have good and bad points. I haven't been to Vail but have read a lot about it over the years so take that from a limited perspective. The other that I think might be questionable that I haven't seen (and own 2 weeks at) is Willow Ridge. Although in large part this is a first world problem. And from top to bottom DVC seems to be the least variable and Marriott not far behind. I don't know Hilton or Hyatt well enough to address them from this standpoint. As a rule I find any system that has both club and affiliated resorts has a far large spread than those that don't.

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
I've been to NCV three times and I'm mixed because some of what I love about it gets cancelled out by some of the things I don't like.

The good: beautiful grounds with trees, shrubs, flowers that remind you of a Mediterranean resort. Great view of the Pacific including sunsets. One time I was there on the 4th of July and you could see fireworks up and down the coast. The location is great in proximity to Laguna, Balboa, etc. Of course the weather was great.

The not so good: beaches aren't great near the resort. The hills and terrain aren't good if you have any type of mobility issues (I don't). There aren't any restaurants or shops within walking distance. The pools are nothing special. I found security to be lacking. Villas are just okay.
Would I go back? Yes.

Beaches:
The beach there at NCV is gorgeous, but definitely not so much "user friendly".
We never intended to swim in the ocean there anyway, but merely to walk the beach, take photos of the beautiful cliffs and paths leading down to the beach, and of the beach & rock formations themselves.
The beach vistas are calendar-worthy! But you'll never see families camped out with towels or tents.
You have to travel to find those type beaches in California.

The beach at Newport Coast is similar to 90% of the beaches in Hawaii----breathtaking but not usable at all for recreation, swimming, or playing in the surf (excluding snorkeling). Typical for many west coast beaches. It's one reason we "as a family" highly prefer the wide, flat, zero-entry east coast beaches which have minimal shells and no rocks. But that's the "inner kid" in me speaking. I still like to walk (or run) in the surf now.
Anyone heading to NCV should already know the beach is not a beach to play on in the typical sense.
But as you rightly point out, Matt, the rest of the positives supersede the several small "deficient" differences.
Most resorts are a balance, as Dean also wisely stated.
There is no be-all, end-all resort.....they're all mixes. The beaches that accompany them run the gamut!

There are very few views as picturesque, though, as NCV's, looking out over the Pacific, and the beach is part of that.
In our travels all over this country and Europe, it still ranks high, even though it's simple, serene, and the cliffs are not large-scaled---- but still very special.

To me, this high personal rating includes comparing it to the coasts of the Caribbean, the Bahamas, Italy, AND Hawaii (EXCEPT the Napali Coast, which is "other-worldly" in its magnificence).

The Big Sur of California, the Napali Coast of Kaua'i, and the cliffs/coasts of Scotland's Isle of Skye are still my personal all-time favorites ....and nothing compares to those, not even close, at least in my somewhat limited travels.

So what's the definition of a "great beach"?
Like so much else, it depends on if you're a kid with a boogie board in hand, a wind surfer,
a photographer, a fisherman, or a couple in love walking hand-in-hand.

I'd have to say the beach there at Newport Coast is REALLY GREAT for some of those and more, especially that last one.
We walked a good two hours on our visit while the kids were at the pool.
I'll leave it at the love story.

Last edited:

Superchief

TUG Member
Reaction score
Newport Coast was the second timeshare we purchased, after Royal Palms. We now own 6 MVC timeshares and enjoy all of them for different reasons. One key issue for us is the cost/time requirement for travel. The Newport Coast area is much cheaper/easier to fly to than Hawaii or the Mediterranean.

I definitely can understand why NCV is polarizing, and the vacation experience can be greatly impacted by the location of the assigned villa. As owners, we have always had a fantastic view. It is the best view we have ever seen from our timeshare balconies. We always look forward to our glasses of wine watching the sunset, and coffee in the morning. This view costs residents in the area millions, and we can enjoy it for a week for about $1500! It definitely reminds me of the Mediterranean. The weather is never humid, and there are very few bugs.

As Marty mentioned, the beaches are more for walking and sightseeing, although my daughters really enjoyed taking the shuttle to Laguna beach for a beach experience.The resort itself is nice, but not spectacular. It does have a very large, well-equipped fitness facility (unlike Grand Ocean) and there are several great (but hilly) bike trails in the area. There are good restaurants, but you definitely need a car to get to them.

To me, the biggest downside is the terrible traffic in the area. We try to minimize our driving during rush hour, and it can be scary trying to cross Pacific Highway to get to the beach park. Disneyland and the San Diego Zoo are driveable at the right times, but I will never try to drive to Universal or Long Beach again on a week day.

I think NCV is best for older children and adults, rather than young children. We now only use our week every few years because the FL and HH resorts are more accessible, and we now typically go to Phoenix for our March vacation.

jpa2825

TUG Member
Reaction score
Newport Coast was the second timeshare we purchased, after Royal Palms. We now own 6 MVC timeshares and enjoy all of them for different reasons. One key issue for us is the cost/time requirement for travel. The Newport Coast area is much cheaper/easier to fly to than Hawaii or the Mediterranean.

I definitely can understand why NCV is polarizing, and the vacation experience can be greatly impacted by the location of the assigned villa. As owners, we have always had a fantastic view. It is the best view we have ever seen from our timeshare balconies. We always look forward to our glasses of wine watching the sunset, and coffee in the morning. This view costs residents in the area millions, and we can enjoy it for a week for about $1500! It definitely reminds me of the Mediterranean. The weather is never humid, and there are very few bugs.

As Marty mentioned, the beaches are more for walking and sightseeing, although my daughters really enjoyed taking the shuttle to Laguna beach for a beach experience.The resort itself is nice, but not spectacular. It does have a very large, well-equipped fitness facility (unlike Grand Ocean) and there are several great (but hilly) bike trails in the area. There are good restaurants, but you definitely need a car to get to them.

To me, the biggest downside is the terrible traffic in the area. We try to minimize our driving during rush hour, and it can be scary trying to cross Pacific Highway to get to the beach park. Disneyland and the San Diego Zoo are driveable at the right times, but I will never try to drive to Universal or Long Beach again on a week day.

I think NCV is best for older children and adults, rather than young children. We now only use our week every few years because the FL and HH resorts are more accessible, and we now typically go to Phoenix for our March vacation.

Superchief - having never been there, is the research I've seen (set out above and again below for ease of reference) pretty accurate about room requests?

From looking at maps, photos and researching a bit, it seems that key requests for room location include:
  • Top floor (to avoid view being blocked)
  • Building orientation
    • For example, 4800 and 4900 look choice b/c at top of hill and face Pacific
    • 5000, 5100, 4600 & 4700 appear to face more S than W
    • Unless you want close up view of golf course, front row of buildings (1000 - 2000) doesn't seem to have value
    • 4xxx buildings seem a bit more isolated if you're looking for quiet; further walk to main area and big pool is presumably the tradeoff
    • I think the pool they are working on through FEB is the Tide Pool closest to Bldgs 1000 - 1200, but need to confirm
Any thoughts? In a perfect world, I'd request top floor of 4800 or 4900.

Superchief

TUG Member
Reaction score
We prefer Bldg 4000 or 4100 because they have great views of the golf course and coast and aren't too far from the main pool and fitness facility. I think 3900 and all of the 4000 numbered buildings have good views and are on hills with little obstruction. I'm not sure about 5000 and 5100 views, but both are closer to the newer pool and to the road. We also liked 3300 and 3500 because they had a good view of the coast and the fountain. However, you would definitely need a high floor because there are larger trees in front of them.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I did not include the beach in my rating of Newport Coast since I do not consider anywhere in California to be a beach destination. If I want the beach, I would go to Hawaii or the Caribbean. A cold, rough beach is not my idea of a beach. I live in California and I am at the beach right now. But the beaches in California are mainly for looking, surfing and walking. I rated Newport Coast very high rates because the ocean views are among the best in California and I liked the architecture a lot. It is also in one of the nicest parts of Southern California. It has multi-million dollar views (not million dollar views since nothing sells for a million dollars in California).

Big Matt

TUG Member
Reaction score
I would argue that the beaches on the Balboa Peninsula are pretty good. Same with beaches up a little farther north in Huntington Beach and for sure up in Malibu. I agree with Marty that the ones near NCV are pretty cool if you are into sea life and scenery (which I am).

BTW, I'm on HHI right now at Barony and these are good beaches.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I would argue that the beaches on the Balboa Peninsula are pretty good. Same with beaches up a little farther north in Huntington Beach and for sure up in Malibu. I agree with Marty that the ones near NCV are pretty cool if you are into sea life and scenery (which I am).

I was just telling someone yesterday at work how the beaches at HH, Singer Island and Daytona were inferior to many areas on the Gulf side for those that like to hang out on the beach but the Atlantic side is better for walking, running, biking and even cars.

Big Matt

TUG Member
Reaction score
Agreed. If you have never been to the beaches up on the pan handle of Florida you have no clue at how wonderful they are. The water is warm, waves are small, and the sand is like powder. This is all making me realize how very different the beaches are in the U.S.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Agreed. If you have never been to the beaches up on the pan handle of Florida you have no clue at how wonderful they are. The water is warm, waves are small, and the sand is like powder. This is all making me realize how very different the beaches are in the U.S.
I enjoy different locations for different reasons. HH is my overall favorite because it's not too far from us (6 hrs) or our entire group (5-10 hrs), we love MGO (over the rest), there's a plethora of great moderately priced restaurants, it has tremendous greenery, great bike paths and it doesn't have a cement and asphalt feel overall like some places do. But we also enjoy going to PCB/Destin (2-3 hrs) though the Marriott at PCB isn't my favorite even though I own a week there. It's nice enough but a little further out, no beach and of limited size. But it's pretty and the people are nice there. I strongly considered buying at condo at the Residence Club there when they were released but ultimately decided against it. I'm still disappointed they didn't build the third building for LE instead. IMO if they had been able to do lockoff's there (and ?Doral) it could have made a large difference esp being in the FL club as well. Too bad there really aren't any truly great Northern Gulf timeshares, I'd put the Wyndham at PCB as the top one. Tradewinds at St. Pete Beach is nice but it's more of a hotel than a timeshare.

sfwilshire

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tristram's Landing, Tree Tops Gatlinburg, Mystic Dunes, Sheraton Vistana Spas & Fountains
We had a very pleasant stay. I'll write a review in the next few days. I was disappointed when we arrived (after dark) that the "upper floor" they told me I could have was only the 2nd of 4 floors. We did get more noise than I would have liked from the unit above us (and the people got up like clockwork at about 5:30 every morning, but the view from 4323 was pretty amazing after the sun came up the next morning. I agree with the poster who said the resort was very spread out. We drove back and forth a lot and there isn't much parking near the clubhouse. They ran some sort of internal shuttle, but we never tried to figure it out.

Sheila

sfwilshire

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tristram's Landing, Tree Tops Gatlinburg, Mystic Dunes, Sheraton Vistana Spas & Fountains

I commented several times that the sand in California was not nearly as nice as what we are used to on the Gulf coast of Florida.

Sheila

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

I am surprised that you like the California beaches. I live in California and do not like the beaches anywhere in the state for swimming since the water temperature is too cold for me. Also, the ocean in California is deep and dark and often too rough for me. I do enjoy going to the seaside in California, but mainly for the views. I spent 3 weeks in Malibu this summer and most days were foggy. I was staying in a hillside house in Malibu and most days, the ocean looked gray through the fog. We had a few spectacular days when the ocean looked gorgeous. I never actually went down to the beach itself since I do not swim in California beaches. Throughout the year, we often visit Pismo Beach and the ocean and beach in Pismo is probably my favorite in all of California. The beach is wide and many miles long. There are no timeshares on the Central Coast but we have a fifth wheel we keep close to the beach and we pay a tower to move it to our oceanside spot for us. I love Pismo Beach because the dogs are allowed to run off leash, the beaches do not get too crowded and we really enjoy watching our dogs have fun. However, I would never swim in the ocean at Pismo. For me, the beach and oceans in California are just for the beauty. For anyone interested in visiting Pismo and who is a Marriott Rewards member, they are building a new boutique hotel in downtown Pismo directly on the beach. It will be part of the Autograph Collection. It has the prime location in the region, IMO.

Big Matt

TUG Member
Reaction score
My response about the California beaches that I referenced were not about the water. More about amount of beach, the sand texture (no rocks) the beach surroundings, access, etc. I love going to the beach at night with a fire, wearing a sweater or sweatshirt. The “vibe” is what I like.

hajjah

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott's Shadow Ridge Enclaves
Resort In Cocoa Beach, FL
We're heading back to Newport Coast Villas next month. Which buildings have been renovated? We stayed at the top of the hill in the 5000's two years ago, but prefer a renovated unit. I can’t find the post stating which two buildings to avoid because the views are blocked.
Does anyone know the name of the tour company from the resort to Hollywood? We've gone twice, but I'd rather find one without the 2/3 hour stay at Universal Studios. The tour guide was great, but we'd prefer to see more of Hollywood. Maybe we can find a good tour leaving from Anaheim.

Last edited:

jpa2825

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are scheduled to arrive JAN 26 so got our greeting preferences email. 3 requests possible. I asked for Top Floor in each of the 3 and requested the following
  1. Bldg 4000 or 4100
  2. Bldg 4300 or 4400
  3. Bldg 4800 or 4900
We just got a response email from Newport Coast saying there were able to accommodate "One of your requested buildings" and "An upper floor" but were "Unable to accommodate a top floor."

For those that have been, will we have any problems (view wise) if we are on an "upper floor" but not the "top floor" of any of these 6 buildings?