• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Maui and a Molokai Trip

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
Did I tell you about the produce market at the north end of Kihei?

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
We walk to Kihei Cafe from the Worldmark. It use to be and I assume still is Cash only. Their Loco Moco is huge.
That would be about twice as far for us as Fred's.

slip

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
Did I tell you about the produce market at the north end of Kihei?[/QUOT

I don’t think so. We did get a little bit at that open market by the lights a few blocks south of the Schooner.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
Early picture of the blood moon.

3CFC9B15-9037-4C1E-808D-7F176068F741.jpeg

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Went to the beach to watch the sunset tonight.

FBE1D8E0-76DB-4F4E-A10B-5D1AA431BC1E.jpeg

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
The produce market is closed on the weekends. We get papayas there mostly.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The produce market is closed on the weekends. We get papayas there mostly.

That’s mostly what buy at the markers too. Sometimes some apple bananas and mangos.

taffy19

Reaction score
We love the sunsets in Kihei.

It must be warmer than at home when you left. :cool:

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
You got that right. I see on my weather app it’s 8 below right now. Plus they are talking about another 4 inches of snow on Tuesday. :)

Reactions: Xan

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
So tomorrow is Front Street day and my wife has the glass blowing class in Lahaina. Don’t know where we’ll eat tomorrow yet.

LisaH

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
We are lucky. We have a Coconut’s in our city. We go there whenever we crave for coconut shrimps and Fish Tacos :)

SandyPGravel

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin St. John Plat+
2 BR-VGV
Westin St. John Plat
2 BR-BV
You blew this Popsicle stand just in time. -16 this morning AND as of 6:15 am power is out at the terminal in DCRA, hope to have it back on by 10:15! (Radio said it's not affecting flights though.o_O)

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
That’s mostly what buy at the markers too. Sometimes some apple bananas and mangos.
One year we bought our first batch of produce at Safeway since all of the local produce places were closed. What a disappointment! Now we try to stock up so we don't need to buy produce on the weekends. We usually go every few days and ask the guy to help us pick out papayas that will be good for tomorrow, and the next day or so.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We try to do the same with the local produce but we’re getting better at picking it out ourselves.

We’re leaving in about an hour for my wife’s glass blowing class. And we’ll walk Front Street. I have a friend from work that is actually on Maui now so we will try to find him too.

barefootnAR

Reaction score
Welcome..Look forward to hearing about the glass blowing class. Hope your guest gets to feeling better.
Kihei Fourth Friday Town party is this week. See their FB page for detail.. Willie K will be the Headliner.
Fun evening 6-9.. lots of food trucks and a few of the vendors from Saturday Swap Meet.
I'm in B308..
Susan

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Made our trip to Front Street. Surprised my wife was able to walk that much. That’s the most she’s walked in quite some time. Had a great time. She had a blast at the glass blowing class. The guy was really patient with her and the fish turned out great. I did a Facebook live video for a lot of it and took some pictures with her phone. I’ll have her send me some and I will post them. It has to cure and we’re picking it up in Wednesday while our friends are on the road to Hana tour.

C8D2B1D3-3548-4E2E-8307-74C32319DD56.jpeg

Pretty crowded all over. We went to Star Noodle for lunch. Very good, we did a few of the small plates and Shared.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
70467B7D-80F8-476B-9E77-84CB41090412.jpeg

My wifey baby enjoying the fire pit at the Maui Schooner. Really nice evening. My friend was looking at the weather at home and realized there is 100 degree difference between here and home. WOW! We left at the right time.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We went to Iao Needle today. On the way back, I asked my friend where he wanted to eat and he never ate at Jack In the Box:), go figure.

Steaks on the grill tonight. They have Road to Hana tomorrow. We have to pick up her glass work and stop at Target for some things for the condo.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
First time we did the Road to Hana we went on a Guided Tour. That way both of us got to watch and see things. The Guide was a local that was very knowledgeable about all the trees and flowers.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
First time we did the Road to Hana we went on a Guided Tour. That way both of us got to watch and see things. The Guide was a local that was very knowledgeable about all the trees and flowers.

This is the route they decided to take. I have been doing all the driving so I don’t think they are up for driving that road. :)

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
  1. Tomorrow. While they are on the road to Hana, we have to visit my first realtor just to thank her for her help. Then we have to go to Target and get a couple things for the condo. Plus we have to go back to Lahaina so we can pick up the fish that she made at the glass blowing class. Then lastly, we have to visit with a friend that lives in Maui that has rented many of my Pono Kai weeks. Sounds like we are meeting her on Thursday for dinner at Fabiani’s on Lipoa Street.
  2. I have know idea how I got the numbers in this post but I can’t delete them. :shrug::D