TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in as a member*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 25 years!

Join tens of thousands of other owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $11,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $11Million dollars
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. TUG is trying out a new program that will trade you a TUG membership for a Timeshare resort review if you are an expired member, or even just a guest here on the forums!

Read more here
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

Read more Here
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  8. TUG has now joined Priceline.com as an affiliate!

Members and guests who book air travel, rental cars and even Cruise Vacations thru TUG's priceline links will now support TUG in the process!

Read more here
  9. A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
    Dismiss Notice

Maui and a Molokai Trip

Discussion in 'US - Hawaii Timesharing' started by slip, Jan 13, 2019.

1. DaveNW

DaveNW TUG Review Crew: Expert TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    WorldMark
    Yes! It's crazy, and I know it, but it's real for me. And it's not a huge deal, really, considering I've lived with it all my adult life. If presented with something with bones in it, I'll quietly cut the meat off the bone and eat it with a fork. It's not usually a problem. Well, there was that time on that Sunset Dinner Cruise on that fancy boat off Waikiki that served Surf & Turf. Totally fancy dealio, with a wonderful setting. I'm expecting a nice big steak (which I'm fine with), and a lobster tail. (I can do that if I don't think about it too much.) They brought out our dinner, and placed this huge tray in front of me, with a big, shiny, silver dome cover over it. With great fanfare, the waiter whipped off that dome...

And there, on the plate, surrounded by little ruffles of lettuce and a caper or two, was a small steak and a HUGE lobster - antenna and all. I was shocked. I hadn't expected it to be that, um, "complete."

I decided I had no choice but to deal with it. And I did, but the meal was kind of a blur. I was told I handled it perfectly, broke off the tail, took out the meat, and acted like everything was normal. It was an expensive meal, and I won't ever admit to anyone (except you Tug folks - you won't tell anybody, I'm sure ;)), that I didn't taste any bit of it. Yes, I ate every bite, but I don't remember tasting anything.

Is that ridiculous, or what? Give me a burger, or something boneless, and I'll tuck right into it and enjoy every bite. But make me remember that Bambi or Bossy or Nemo was a real critter, especially with eyes looking back at me in rude judgment, and I have issues. Man, I sound like such a wimp! LOL! Oh well, it's my issue, as I said.

Let's all go to dinner - to someplace that serves a nice casserole. Or a good hot-dish, for you northern midwesterners. :D

Dave

Xan, amycurl, slip and 1 other person like this.
  2. slip

slip TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Pono Kai, 20 wks: Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
    My wife shakes her head every time I order a whole fish like that but it’s not common in most places I usually frequent and it’s usually very good. I know I don’t think too much about it. It was nice that they did offer the option here. I know a lot of places won’t alter the way the make it so choice is good and it’s no big deal.

Everybody has there own things to deal with. At least you found a way to deal with it.

Xan, amycurl and DaveNW like this.
  3. amycurl

amycurl TUG Member

Yes, all that meat comes from some magical animal.... :D But I can understand, based on that childhood experience.

Xan, slip and DaveNW like this.
  4. cbod

cbod TUG Member

We have three weeks on Kauai every year and would love to know more about storing totes with Lyle. Logistics, cost etc. Thanks!

slip likes this.
  5. amluckau

amluckau TUG Member

An entertaining blog. Thanks slip/Jeff.

Xan and slip like this.
  6. slip

Resorts Owned:
    Yes, I’ll send you a PM. Where do you own on Kauai?

7. slip

Resorts Owned:
    Thanks, I’ll have another one in May. We plan on a visit to Kalaupapa, the leper colony and we want to try to do the hike in the Halawa valley. That’s if my wife’s hip is up to it. It’s my wife’s birthday during that trip and she definitely wants to have her birthday dinner at Hiro’s at the Hotel Molokai.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2019
    amycurl, taffy19, Xan and 1 other person like this.
  8. Xan

Xan TUG Member

We drove ourselves on the road to Hana and spent one extremely humid night in a condo in Hana. (We enjoyed the freedom to do things at our own pace.
    I will never do the road to Hana again! Fly me into the Hana airport if I have to be there! (Great lava tube to explore near the airport and gardens.)

We decided that we will stick strictly to our weeks at the Pono Kai Resort on Kaua’i from now on, and make overnight trips to the other islands if neededed,but this is the last year for our visit to the Islands due to financial reasons and trying to save for an out of state move, so all of our Pono Kai weeks will be up for rent for 2020 on,until we get moved and settled.
    Never was a fan of Maui, considering my fibromyalgia seems to always go into a flare when I’m only on Maui!
    I’ll take Kapa’a/Pono Kai any day over any other resort on Kaua’i!
    Used to love Oahu back in the 1980’s when things were simpler and I was much younger!
    Amazing how all the islands have changed over the years!

9. Xan

Xan TUG Member

slip likes this.
  10. Xan

Xan TUG Member

Should of took my suggestion of purchasing the Sactional Pieces from LoveSac! You would never have to replace your furniture ever again, just buy the washable slipcovers for a change in decor! The Sactionals are guaranteed for life, and can be configured in many ways! Well worth the price, especially when there are sales going on! I swear by them for my own home!

11. Xan

Xan TUG Member

When you get back home, Have your wife look into a Physical Therapist that is trained in Myofascial Trigger Point Therapy (specifically that studied the Simons and Travell method...run if they didn’t!), and get Dry Needling done in the Trigger Points for her hip! I swear by it now that I’ve had it done several times this month in my lower shoulder blade area for my Osteoarthritis in my right shoulder and the pain the trigger point was causing in the shoulder, right arm and numbness down into my fingers!
    It’s the best thing I’ve done for pain so far and has been unbelievably great! 6 more sessions to go this month!
    Seriously, check it out and ask the PT’s training before going to them! Must be trained in the Simons and Travell method or she could end up with more damage than good! (Email me for the website for tons more information on this!)

12. Xan

Xan TUG Member

Jeff, Thank You for your wonderful recap of your whole trip! Sounds like your wife definitely approves of your choice of Condo that you purchased on Molokai!
    So glad the acupuncture helped her out so quickly! (Please take into account my suggestion for her to see a PT with Myofascial Trigger Point and Dry Needling training when at WI home!)

Can’t wait for your next episode in May! (Too bad we will just miss running into you on one of the islands!...Someday again!)

Glad you two made it home safely and feel free to email me anytime with new updates, especially how your daughter is handling Denver!
    Don’t work too hard now that you are back to the “cold” home!

Take it easy....love the new tattoo!
    -Cathy

slip likes this.
  13. slip

Resorts Owned:

Thanks, I sent you an email. Next time we are on the islands together, we need to go to dinner or lunch. My wife told me last night that she wants to go for a week over Labor Day. I already had that week off and we have plenty of miles so three trips this year. :thumbup:

So 81 days to our May trip and 200 until the Labor Day trip. :)

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
    amycurl, Xan and DaveNW like this.
  14. Xan

Xan TUG Member

We most likely will be in Michigan for Labor Day, due to a wedding on the following Saturday.
    Our May trip to Pono Kai (our Pacific Fantasy unit) will be the last trip until we can move in a couple of years!
    I’ll check my email!
    Yes, definitely would love to meet up if we are at Pono Kai at the same time in the future!
    Thanks for all you have done for me so far!

slip likes this.