• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[May '08 Thread] wanted weeks.com anybody heard of them?

musical2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you Gary.

Anyone that is not provided with their service that they paid or refunded is welcome to do what they need to. I think everyone will find that every client we have worked with has either been refunded, recieved their unit, or is in the final process. We are within our contract and we did offer the use of a third party escrow company (as an option). If you were a client you would know that.

You can read the statement again at http://www.wantedweeks.com

That is the last statement you will hear from me because that is really all I have to say. We did the right thing and still are, despite our filing.

Enjoy the rest of your Friday night on TUG. This is a waste of time if no real clients are on here.

I am a client and am still anxiously waiting. I was informed (and I thank Antonella for her communication) that my deed was returned twice due to mistakes on the submitted deed. I think it was resubmitted again, but I am still anxiously waiting to hear more. The summer is waning and I fear Marriott will book up next summer before I get a chance to book my purchase for use in 2010. After seven months I am still hopeful. Call it the optimist in me.

Bart

Mike n Karen

Reaction score
Wanted Weeks

I also purchased from Wanted Weeks but when I had heard nothing I did more research and found that my payment via Visa was processed by Time Share Rescue. I have been in contact with Antonella also but haven't heard from her lately. Since then I have contact the sellers and Lennox-Paton in the Bahamas who transfer the title in the islands. I hope to hear something shortly, the original owners have gotten tired of waiting and have filed a BBC complaint against Wanted Weeks/Time Share Rescue, hoping all goes thru and I don't have to do the same. I have purchased two other timeshares on ebay and have not had these problems (one in St Marteen so the delay in it being an island timeshare really isn't true).

tlpnet

TUG Member
Reaction score
Shaun Fletcher has updated wantedweeks.com to say that they are preparing for Chapter 7 bankruptcy protection. Does anyone know of a database to determine if the filing has been made? I don't know what their assets are, but would like to file a claim.

BTW, Timeshare Rescue is still handling the files that didn't close, and they claim no relationship to WW. If you have properties that have not closed, I encourage you to contact TRTS. It seems to me that they are trying their best to close them.

-tim

boyblue

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have purchased two other timeshares on ebay and have not had these problems (one in St Marteen so the delay in it being an island timeshare really isn't true).

Not to disagree entirely but the Caribbean is sort of a misnomer. There are a couple dozen countries in the Caribbean; all with their own laws and ways of doing things. Some can be slow and others might be faster. That being said Lenox Payton has a sterling reputation, you can trust them implicitly.

Last edited:

steeler

Reaction score
Not sure why I'm even posting anything at this point (this thread has been going on for a while). However, just wanted to inform everyone that while my notarized deed was supposively sent to the recorder weeks ago, it has not been yet recorded. To add insult to injury, Antonella is not sure if it has been sent or not. Simply put, she doesn't know where the deed is!! She advised that they've had a lot of process changes internally so it's more difficult to track things.

Antonella has been really nice and I would not dare shoot the messenger or kill the delivery person, but, this is becoming more and more frustrating.

I posted this to let everyone know that you should keep following up on the status of your Wanted_Weeks transaction. Don't assume (not that I think anyone would at this point) that things are moving forward, because they may not be.

In the meantime, I'm not sure if the sellers have used any of the points for 2009 or if they've paid the maintenance fees for this year. I wish there was a way for me to contact them (I don't have their home addresses) to see what's going on from their standpoint. I'm sure they're frustrated, especially if they haven't been paid for the timeshare (for which I already paid).

The saga continues.....:wall:

w.bob

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I wish there was a way for me to contact them (I don't have their home addresses) to see what's going on from their standpoint. I'm sure they're frustrated, especially if they haven't been paid for the timeshare (for which I already paid).

The saga continues.....:wall:

Chances are that the seller actually paid wantedweeks to take the timeshare off their hands but the timeshare is still in their name. I was actually given the sellers name for the unit I have been trying to close on since Jan. by Antonella. The seller reserved a week in my name as a guest so I could use the week in 2010. It is an EOY unit. I found that the seller is even more frustrated with the transaction then I am. Antonella spoke with the seller and got permission to give me their name and tel. number. I contacted them a number of times keeping each other informed of any so called progress.

steeler

Reaction score
Chances are that the seller actually paid wantedweeks to take the timeshare off their hands but the timeshare is still in their name. I was actually given the sellers name for the unit I have been trying to close on since Jan. by Antonella. The seller reserved a week in my name as a guest so I could use the week in 2010. It is an EOY unit. I found that the seller is even more frustrated with the transaction then I am. Antonella spoke with the seller and got permission to give me their name and tel. number. I contacted them a number of times keeping each other informed of any so called progress.

Thanks for the insight W.Bob! I'll see if Antonella can get permission from the sellers I'm dealing with as well. This has been ongoing since November for me.

Much appreciated!

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
Finally, after 15+ months, our Wyndham points purchase showed up in our account. It's been a long wait, but at least Shaun was true to his word. I have to give him credit for not walking away. I haven't received the recorded deed, but it will probably be in our mailbox soon. I hope everyone who is waiting gets their properties closed soon.

Of course, Shaun told me in this thread somewhere never to buy from him again. I don't think he has to worry.

Beware of lotsapoodles and tsteddy eBay names. The listings look hauntingly familiar, with Colorado listed as the location.

beanie

TUG Member
Reaction score
glad it worked out for you cindi !! we are still waiting but ours has only been since feb . and antonella says they are getting our deed transfered . hey a 2bdrm lock-off in vegas for a buck I can be patient and I am hoping we all go thru .

london

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wanted Weeks Closings

Our 4 purchases via Wanted Weeks, all closed in good order.

The first 3 each took about 4 to 6 weeks to close.

The last one took about 4 months, as that was when Shaun's business ran into difficulty.

The first closed late last fall, and the last in June of 2009.

Shaun Fletcher did keep his word. We have no complaints.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
glad it worked out for you cindi !! we are still waiting but ours has only been since feb . and antonella says they are getting our deed transfered . hey a 2bdrm lock-off in vegas for a buck I can be patient and I am hoping we all go thru .

I feel confident that your sale will come through. It seems that Shaun is trying to get double maintenance fees from some people. I have had a couple of emails from people who are being charged 2009 MF's after already paying Shaun. Apparently, Shaun is keeping every dime he collects, then Antonella calls the buyer and wants the 2009 fees again.

Stick to your guns, people, and make sure your contract has things spelled out.

Shaun may have new eBay names, and we will all need to be very aware of the seller on any eBay listing.

Last edited:

musical2

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am almost at the 9 month mark for my purchase and I have yet to get a deed. The last thing I heard from Antonella, three week ago, was that it was being finalized again to be sent to the recorder. I also paid my 2009 maintenance fee to Shaun in good faith.

Bart

steeler

Reaction score
I've been in constant contact with Antonella and she seems to be doing everything she can. My deed was notarized, but, not sent to the recorder. It's actually a good thing it wasn't sent because the application info for the recorder was incorrect/inaccurate and would have surely been sent back. This was a good catch by Antonella with my persistence.

Antonella made sure the information was updated correctly and my deed/application is in good shape. However, Antonella advised that they do not have the funds to pay the Recorder. I initially paid Wanted Weeks for all of this, but, the funds are not there. The Recorder fees for my timeshare is $17 so I'm going to send a check to Antonella to pay for it. In my opinion, there is no sense in disputing $17 when this is the closest I've been to getting this done in 10 months.

I'm expecting that the resort transfer fee has probably not been paid as well. So, most likely, I'm going to have to pay that also. However, I am not going to pay the $1800 I paid for the property. The sellers are going to have to get that from Wanted Weeks/Shaun.

The best thing I can tell anyone at this point is to stay in contact with Antonella. I've been calling her on a weekly basis and she's been really great to work with. Keep in mind that none of this is her fault and it's unfortunate that she's been tasked with getting through this mess. Don't wait for her to call you. Be proactive and call her. She's dealing with a tremendous amount of buyers who are in the same boat as most of us.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I've been in constant contact with Antonella and she seems to be doing everything she can. My deed was notarized, but, not sent to the recorder. It's actually a good thing it wasn't sent because the application info for the recorder was incorrect/inaccurate and would have surely been sent back. This was a good catch by Antonella with my persistence.

Antonella made sure the information was updated correctly and my deed/application is in good shape. However, Antonella advised that they do not have the funds to pay the Recorder. I initially paid Wanted Weeks for all of this, but, the funds are not there. The Recorder fees for my timeshare is $17 so I'm going to send a check to Antonella to pay for it. In my opinion, there is no sense in disputing $17 when this is the closest I've been to getting this done in 10 months.

I'm expecting that the resort transfer fee has probably not been paid as well. So, most likely, I'm going to have to pay that also. However, I am not going to pay the $1800 I paid for the property. The sellers are going to have to get that from Wanted Weeks/Shaun.

The best thing I can tell anyone at this point is to stay in contact with Antonella. I've been calling her on a weekly basis and she's been really great to work with. Keep in mind that none of this is her fault and it's unfortunate that she's been tasked with getting through this mess. Don't wait for her to call you. Be proactive and call her. She's dealing with a tremendous amount of buyers who are in the same boat as most of us.

The owners of the property are not the sellers. The owners of the property paid this company $3,500 (or thereabouts) to get rid of their timeshare. The owners of the property washed their hands of the week a long time ago. This is a business model that many, many companies are following:

A few people get together and set up 3 LLC's:

The first company (Shaun is in partnership with Timeshare Rescue) that sends postcards to owners who attend a meeting to find out how to be done with their timeshares forever. They pay the company $3,500 or 7 years of maintenance fees, whichever is less. This meeting is all about how timeshares are terrible, you never get any exchanges, your fees will go up and up, there will be assessments, etc. Then their offer is to take your timeshare for $3,500, and you will be rid of it forever. The owners signs power of attorney of the week to this company.

The second company sells the timeshares on eBay, and this is Shaun's job. He gets as much as he can, including maintenance fees he didn't pay, the owner paid (the first company will not take a timeshare unless the fees are paid in advance). So he at least get the current year's fees out of the deal.

The third company is the closing company. Closing a timeshare is very simple, so their fee is quite high for re-typing a deed and adding new names.

All three companies make their money on the deal. That is how they work, and yes, I was a huge critic of the entire concept, but now I am guilty of buying the weeks on eBay. I used to think it was despicable to buy the weeks and help these companies, but people here thought I was preachy, so I stopped preaching. But new TUG members and guests need to know what these companies are all about. So now you have it. Shaun knows better than to collect the fees twice, which is what I believe he is doing, through Antonella. I don't even know if their closing company is licensed. I would like to see a link to that information. I would say it's just an "unofficial" company that is typing deeds and not licensed. But hey, if you bought a week, all you want is the closing to happen--no matter how it happens, or whether there is a license.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Does anyone have Antonella's phone number? I have someone who wants it, and I cannot find it in the thread. I never had anyone answer the number I got from someone........ I never got a call back, either, but at least I got my timehare, even though it took 15+ months to get it.

w.bob

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have Antonella's phone number? I have someone who wants it, and I cannot find it in the thread. I never had anyone answer the number I got from someone........ I never got a call back, either, but at least I got my timehare, even though it took 15+ months to get it.

Here is the contact info but it is hit or miss if an actual person will pick the phone up. Sometimes the email address will get a response. Good luck.

Antonella McNeil
Customer Support

TSRTS
1550 Larimer Street, #313
Denver, CO 80202

800-931-9882 x531
866-565-4951- fax
Support@timesharerescue.com

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks, w.bob, I hope this inquirer is able to get through to Antonella. I had zero luck when I tried.

Mike n Karen

Reaction score
Wanted weeks & TSR

Just to let all know that both WW & TSR are in bankruptcy. It is chapter 7 so there isn't much recourse to getting your money or probably finishing up your transfers. I got tired of everything and did most of the transfer work myself and when it got to the end TSR who took my money no longer has any. I don't know how to let folks know about not doing business with them other than here and if you have a claim go to www.CoB.USCOURT.gov to file a claim just in case they find assets that WW/TSR didn't hide well enough.
If there is a bright side of this I can purchase the timeshare from the original owners and it will still end up being a deal since Harborside is a high price timeshare. The owners just want to get out of it so even after getting burnt for around $5,400 when I pay the Bahamian Transfer costs of $1,500 I still make out, it just fires me that TSR is still acting like they are doing business!

steeler

Reaction score
Just to let all know that both WW & TSR are in bankruptcy. It is chapter 7 so there isn't much recourse to getting your money or probably finishing up your transfers. I got tired of everything and did most of the transfer work myself and when it got to the end TSR who took my money no longer has any. I don't know how to let folks know about not doing business with them other than here and if you have a claim go to www.CoB.USCOURT.gov to file a claim just in case they find assets that WW/TSR didn't hide well enough.
If there is a bright side of this I can purchase the timeshare from the original owners and it will still end up being a deal since Harborside is a high price timeshare. The owners just want to get out of it so even after getting burnt for around $5,400 when I pay the Bahamian Transfer costs of $1,500 I still make out, it just fires me that TSR is still acting like they are doing business!

Interesting.

This continues to be an ongoing saga for me.....
Antonella (TSR) and I have been in touch up to early last week trying to get the transfer done. The deed was sent to the recorder only to find out that the recorder fees and paperwork was incorrect. I spoke with Antonella on Tuesday of last week and the paperwork was redone and hopefully re-sent to the recorder.

I tried calling today and found that their phone number is not working (that fast, busy signal sound), which may be part of the whole bankruptcy deal. However, I have been sending emails to Antonella and she has been responding (as recent as 5 min. ago). Things still appear to be moving forward, albeit very slowly.

Next month will be the 1 year anniversary of when I purchased this TS from Wanted_Weeks and yet, I don't have possession. The good news is that I've been in contact with the original sellers, but, they are just as frustrated as I am. The ironic thing about this is that the owners only live an hour away from me here in Ohio and everything is being done in Denver. One good thing out of this is that the owners did not use any of the 2009 points and agreed to bank them for 2010 where I can use them.

Mike n Karen: I followed the link that was provided above to file a claim, but, I could not see how to actually file a claim once I arrived to that site. Any thoughts?

Jwillie

Reaction score
Our Success with Antonella

We have been working with Antonella for a few months now. The process has been incredibly slow, but I was told up front it would take several months by Shaun and again that it would be lengthy when we first spoke with Antonella. We have kept in touch monthly by calling 800 931 9882 ext 531 and while I do get VM about half the time, we do reach her. Last week she mailed me the deed and other paperwork for our new timeshare at the Polo Towers in Las Vegas. We have spent no more than we had originially agreed to pay when I purchased the property. Her phone was working at the end of this week when I last spoke with her. When a line gives a fast busy it would not have been because the line was disconnected, that indicates line trouble. I was disappointed it took so long (9+ months) but can't say I didn't know it was going to take a while and did see posts periodically from folks that they were still getting the work done. I do hope that they are catching up and all those still pending will complete out this year.

beanie

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just recieved an e-mail responce from timeshare rescue that they are no longer in business . tried calling antonella and can't get thru to her extension. doesn't look good !

TamaraQT

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village
Woodstone
The Colonies
Well I thought all was well with my transfer and it looks like NOTHING went thru to the resort. I tried calling Antonella and all I get is a recording. So I guess it's all over with and there is no need for me to look to them to finish this up.

On the other hand, I contacted the seller of the timeshare today. She is at her wits end. She doesnt know what to do. She was almost in tears when speaking to me. She realized a couple of months ago, that she'd been "had" by Shawn and Timeshare Rescue. She paid GOOD $MONEY$ to have them sell/transfer 4 of her timeshares and NONE have gone thru. Mine was the only one close to completion by having a deed recorded. The rest of her timeshares didnt get that far. We both realize that a recorded deed means nothing until the resort acknowledges ownership has been transferred. Well for a minute I thought we were stuck with no hope. HOWEVER, TUG CAME TO THE RESCUE. I signed on here and looked for some ads on here for good reputable closing companies. Neither the seller or myself knew what to do so I reached out for info on TUG. I signed on and found an ad for JRA. I called and spoke to Janet who gave me some excellent info. So keep your fingers crossed for me. Although Shawn and his cronies may not have done what they promised, there may still be hope for me and my seller. If things work out, I will come back and post info on what worked for me. I dont want to jump the gun yet, because there is no guarantee. I could move on and consider it a loss. However, my sellers need something positive to happen for them. They have had a tough year and I decided to hang in there until there are no other options.

Well, thanks for listening and letting me vent. I will come back and give an update. Wish me luck!!! :p

steeler

Reaction score
Well, after a year, my transfer has finally completed :clap:

Antonella and I have been in contact as recent as last week. Although, she would call me and I was never able to call her. She sent me (via fax) copies of the waiver of ROFR, Recorded Deed, Estoppel and other docs that needed to be provided to HGVC. I then sent the faxed documents (via Priority Mail) to HGVC along with payments of the Maintenance/transfer fees.

The downside is that I had to pay an additional $299 to cover the resort's transfer fees (I already paid that when I purchased the TS from wanted_weeks). However, the upside is that HGVC accepted the faxed copies of all the paperwork, my account was established, and now I can begin enjoying what I paid for.

Antonella did confirm that TSR is out of business and that she is only wrapping up the remaining transfers that are close to being completed.

Lesson learned in all of this:
1. Only deal with reputable sellers and closing companies, especially when purchasing from ebay. This is probably most important. TUG can provide this info.

2. It is also a good idea to contact the original sellers. The original sellers were nice enough to rescue the 2009 points to 2010. So I did not loose those points.

3. Be tenacious, proactive, aggressive, but professional. If I would have sat back and just waited (as I did initially because Shaun kept telling me things were ok) I would still be in limbo. Beginning in July, I stayed in constant contact with Antonella (weekly, sometimes twice a week). While I'm sure I was being somewhat of a pest, Antonella didn't mind working with me because I was polite, courteous, and professional. As a result, she continued to contact me and provide updates even after TSR went out of business. She could of easily said screw you and not done anything and this tranfer would have been a lot more expensive and ongoing.

3. Finally, utilize TUG! Had it not been for TUG and the great info/advice I received, I would have never been able to get this done. Period! :cheer:

Depending on your situation, at this point, I would recommend to anyone who hasn't completed their transfer (via Wanted_Weeks/TSR), to begin working with the original sellers and another (more reputable) closing company. Unfortunately, this nightmare with Wanted_Weeks and TSR does not have a happy ending for those who have not heard from Antonella recently.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Kudos to Antonella, and even to Shaun, for getting the deeds transferred, even though their company filed bankruptcy. It seems odd that he couldn't make a living out of selling on eBay. Using Timeshare Relief as an example, they close deeds quickly as VINinc and Timeshare Closing Services, and they seem to make a lot of money. Their customers are generally happy. Seems like a good way to get rich. Of course, you have to live with yourself.

musical2

TUG Member
Reaction score
I got a call from Antonella a couple of weeks ago. She is no longer working on transfers, but she got me in touch with the seller. Antonella sent the seller all the paperwork and the seller is now sending the deeding papers himself to be recorded. I don't know if that will work, but I have my fingers crossed.