• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[May '08 Thread] wanted weeks.com anybody heard of them?

Idahodude

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well, I should have called Antonella sooner. I kept taking Shaun's words at face value. Every time I contacted him, he gave me a story about how the transfer was progressing, but it took time due to the sellers not having an email account. I now think he was feeding me a line, which really ticks me off because I was always polite and professional with him. I've also held off on purchasing another timeshare in the area, wondering if this one might go through. I don't have a way to contact the original sellers, and my money might as well have been flushed down the toilet. I hope Shaun can live with himself and all his lies, because I sure couldn't if I were him.

Now, it's impossible to get things closed on my timeshare purchase.

Last edited:

TamaraQT

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village
Woodstone
The Colonies
My Timeshare Transfer is finally complete

Well I just wanted to let you all know that my timeshare is finally complete. At the advice of some TUG members I contacted a reputable closing agent and told HER (**hint**) of my problem. The fact that the deed had been recorded but not acknowledged by the resort. I was willing to pay the agent to start and complete the closing process for me. Instead the agent told me what to do so that Westgate would acknowledge it without having to do another deed or process. I followed the advice. I faxed info over to Westgate at 630am this morning. I got a call from their resale/transfer department at 1130am!! They said all of my paperwork was in order and correct and they didnt know WHY it took so long to complete the name change/transfer. She thought it was their fault!!! AND because of their oversight, they waived the $100 transfer fee for me!!!!! CAN YOU BELIEVE IT!!! :eek: She gave me an account number and everything and told me I am now able to make my reservations and will soon receive a packet in the mail with all of my information. I am still sitting here in shock.

I just want to thank all of you for your advice, help and support throughout this entire process. If any of you that has not had their transactions completed, my heart goes out to you. There has to be some type of restitution for you. Just because mine is complete doesnt mean I have forgotten about my fellow TUGgers. Any information I get that can be of help to someone I will come here and continue to post. In the meantime, if any of you have any info on your sellers, please send me a PM and I can tell you what worked for me. Also maybe consider getting another closing company to finish the process IF YOU have your seller info. And another thing, I know my seller had 4 timeshares with Shawn. Mine was 1 of the 4 so there are 3 left. I am going to get the info of the resort, the weeks, the unit number and all. I believe my sellers do trust me. Maybe one of you or 3 of you may be waiting on one of those units. If so, I know what to do to get this stuff closed. I am hoping that their 3 remaining units were sold to fellow TUGgers. I know one of the units is a Sheraton Vistana. So, hang in there and lets all hope for a wonderful outcome for all of us!!!!!!:)

krmlaw

TUG Member
Reaction score
are there people out there still waiting on their timeshares? i hope not. i hope we all get them closed.

london

TUG Member
Reaction score
Finally

Well I just wanted to let you all know that my timeshare is finally complete. At the advice of some TUG members I contacted a reputable closing agent and told HER (**hint**) of my problem. The fact that the deed had been recorded but not acknowledged by the resort. I was willing to pay the agent to start and complete the closing process for me. Instead the agent told me what to do so that Westgate would acknowledge it without having to do another deed or process. I followed the advice. I faxed info over to Westgate at 630am this morning. I got a call from their resale/transfer department at 1130am!! They said all of my paperwork was in order and correct and they didnt know WHY it took so long to complete the name change/transfer. She thought it was their fault!!! AND because of their oversight, they waived the $100 transfer fee for me!!!!! CAN YOU BELIEVE IT!!! :eek: She gave me an account number and everything and told me I am now able to make my reservations and will soon receive a packet in the mail with all of my information. I am still sitting here in shock.

I just want to thank all of you for your advice, help and support throughout this entire process. If any of you that has not had their transactions completed, my heart goes out to you. There has to be some type of restitution for you. Just because mine is complete doesnt mean I have forgotten about my fellow TUGgers. Any information I get that can be of help to someone I will come here and continue to post. In the meantime, if any of you have any info on your sellers, please send me a PM and I can tell you what worked for me. Also maybe consider getting another closing company to finish the process IF YOU have your seller info. And another thing, I know my seller had 4 timeshares with Shawn. Mine was 1 of the 4 so there are 3 left. I am going to get the info of the resort, the weeks, the unit number and all. I believe my sellers do trust me. Maybe one of you or 3 of you may be waiting on one of those units. If so, I know what to do to get this stuff closed. I am hoping that their 3 remaining units were sold to fellow TUGgers. I know one of the units is a Sheraton Vistana. So, hang in there and lets all hope for a wonderful outcome for all of us!!!!!!:)

Tamara

Glad you are finally over with your purchase and transfer. I know you have waited a long time.

My transfer only took 6 months with wanted weeks.

Hope others will soon have a final resolution.

Antonella was a great help to me, and others.

TamaraQT

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village
Woodstone
The Colonies
Thanks London,

I paid Shaun for 2009 MFees and my seller paid Westgate for 2009 MFees. Thank goodness they didnt ask for reimbursement. Westgate verified 2009 was paid but 2010 was not, so it looks like my sellers didnt give me a little extra after all. :p

But at the end of the day, I still cannot complain. They did allow my family and I to travel as their guest in 2009 using their banked 2008 week. So even though I traveled in 2009 as I paid for, the 2009 week is still available for my use. So I better count my blessings. I am extremely thrilled and I hope all of us have indeed completed our closings and transfers. My seller has agreed to give me info on her remaining ones she had Shaun selling for her. I will post info on that when I receive it. I am really hoping some of those belong to fellow TUggers :)

I WISH A SAFE, HEALTHY AND HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL OF YOU!! :hi:

Zac495

TUG Member
Reaction score
Tamara,
I have followed your saga (and others') on this thread. So glad for you! Happy travels and Happy New Year!

musical2

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm still waiting. Antonella put me in contact with my seller so we can get it done ourselves. I have to pay a bit extra to get the deed recorded though.

TamaraQT

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village
Woodstone
The Colonies
Musical, that is good news that you are in contact with your sellers. I am so grateful to Antonella for putting me in touch with my sellers. I actually think it is the ONLY way to complete any pending sales. I do not have a contact number or email for Antonella. But if anyone has either one, please post so that others may be able to get information to contact their sellers. I guess there are not that many of us left, but lets try to help those that are waiting. Please post or send by PM any info anyone has to contact Antonella or Shaun. Thanks and good luck to you Musical :)

tlahti

Reaction score
Still waiting

It has now been a year for me on two timeshare through Wanted Weeks. I had a couple of emails from Antonella, but apparently nothing is done.

I don't know sellers, and I am a bit gunshy of approaching another agent.

Any ideas on what to do at this point would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Tris Lahti

london

TUG Member
Reaction score
Contact Sellers

It has now been a year for me on two timeshare through Wanted Weeks. I had a couple of emails from Antonella, but apparently nothing is done.

I don't know sellers, and I am a bit gunshy of approaching another agent.

Any ideas on what to do at this point would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Tris Lahti

I would contact the sellers directly, and then agree to use another closing company such as Timeshare Transfer in Vero Beach, to finalize the purchase and deeding.

I am sure the sellers are also anxious to close the sale.

kwatkins70

Reaction score
Wanted weeks

I purchased a timeshare from wanted weeks a year ago and now I can't get a hold of anyone. The phone numbers I have do not work and know one replies to my e-mails. Can anyone help me with some contact info?
Thank you!

TamaraQT

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village
Woodstone
The Colonies
OMG!!! How many unsettled contracts are we talking about? There has to be some type of recourse. There has to be a way to track down the owners. Deeds are public record. So maybe start researching for a copy of owners deed. It should have some type of contact info. If not, maybe hire a new closing agent. It may cost more $$$ but I guess it will be a personal choice to decide if it is worth it or not. I really wanted my Westgate timeshare. I had a copy of the sellers recorded deed a long time ago just by going on the orange county website. I say, dont give up. Try to see if there is something you can do. My seller was supposed to contact me regarding 3 or 4 other timeshares she had with Shaun. I am hoping that some of them belong to fellow TUGgers ;)

Just dont give up!!

krmlaw

TUG Member
Reaction score
i feel so lucky we were able to get our unit - we did have to pay double MF, but at least we closed.

musical2

TUG Member
Reaction score
One of the last things that Antonella did was get me in contact with my seller and then send the seller all the papers for us to complete this thing. The seller tried once to send the papers to get the deed recorded, but it was rejected. The seller then sent me the papers. I am now in contact with a closer that is cited here in TUG as being reputable. I scanned in all the papers and emailed it to them, and they are trying to figure out why they were rejected. If they can help us, I am just going to pay all the closing and recording fees to get this finished.

TamaraQT

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village
Woodstone
The Colonies
One of the last things that Antonella did was get me in contact with my seller and then send the seller all the papers for us to complete this thing. The seller tried once to send the papers to get the deed recorded, but it was rejected. The seller then sent me the papers. I am now in contact with a closer that is cited here in TUG as being reputable. I scanned in all the papers and emailed it to them, and they are trying to figure out why they were rejected. If they can help us, I am just going to pay all the closing and recording fees to get this finished.

Musical I am glad to hear that there is hope for you. Just imagine how many are out there that are not members of TUG and have no where to turn. I hope the word gets out that any info on the seller you have is the way to go to get it all closed. Good luck and keep us posted!!! ;)

carolhab

TUG Member
Reaction score
Buyer beware!

I bought on Ebay July 17th 2008. It has never closed. I called many times and finally gave up. So I was ripped off in my opinion.

kwatkins70

Reaction score
I purchased Wyndham Skyline Tower in Atlantic City from wanted weeks Jan 2009 but the deed was never completed. It seems I have lost my money and have no way to contact the owner of the property Schultz-Stengert Revocable Family Trust. If the owner of this propery happens to read this, please write back.
Thank you!

TamaraQT

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village
Woodstone
The Colonies
I purchased Wyndham Skyline Tower in Atlantic City from wanted weeks Jan 2009 but the deed was never completed. It seems I have lost my money and have no way to contact the owner of the property Schultz-Stengert Revocable Family Trust. If the owner of this propery happens to read this, please write back.
Thank you!

Can you look up deeded records online for NJ to see if there is an address on file for the seller? i dont know if you can do this in NJ but I could do it for florida. It gave me the name and address of the current owner on the deed. Maybe you could go from there. After all, they PAID wanted weeks to sell it for them so they took a loss too. And now they are stuck paying MFees and all. I say see what you can find. Don't give up hope. Does anyone know how to check timeshare transfers for NJ properties????:shrug:

beanie

TUG Member
Reaction score
after a year my deed has been transfered according to antonella . she provide me with a parcel # but all I had to do was look it up using my name and it was indeed transfered . this was tahiti in las vegas .

edited to add that my seller contacted me a couple of weeks ago and didn't realize antonella ( or anyone else for that matter ) was still working on this. he also recieved his MFs bill and I will reinburse him upon transfer.

Last edited:

TamaraQT

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village
Woodstone
The Colonies
It seems that having seller contact information is the only way to salvage the deal. The sellers want to get rid of it and we want to purchase it. So does anyone have links on how to find recorded deed information in the states their timeshares were purchased in. That should have last owner info and a good start for contacting the seller. Its really worth a try. :ponder:

musical2

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am now working with Old Republic Title and Escrow in Hawaii and the owners to get this completed. The owners want rid of their timeshare and I am repaying for the closing and transfer of deed. The people at Old Republic are very understanding and are doing their best to save me as much money as possible on completing the transfer.

Right now the seller and I have a new signed Timeshare Sales Agreement stating that all money has already changed hands. Plus, I will pay for the cost of closing and deed transfer in Hawaii. Old Republic is creating a new deed and associated closing papers properly that will pass muster with the Hawaii recording folks.

I'll keep you posted as things progress.

TamaraQT

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village
Woodstone
The Colonies
I am now working with Old Republic Title and Escrow in Hawaii and the owners to get this completed. The owners want rid of their timeshare and I am repaying for the closing and transfer of deed. The people at Old Republic are very understanding and are doing their best to save me as much money as possible on completing the transfer.

Right now the seller and I have a new signed Timeshare Sales Agreement stating that all money has already changed hands. Plus, I will pay for the cost of closing and deed transfer in Hawaii. Old Republic is creating a new deed and associated closing papers properly that will pass muster with the Hawaii recording folks.

I'll keep you posted as things progress.

Sounds great Musical....keep us posted!! :cheer:

Idahodude

TUG Member
Reaction score
I never heard anything since Shaun stoped emailing/posting. I'm pretty sure I'm out my money. If anyone knows any way to get in touch with Antonella or anyone else to find out what happened, I'd appreciate the information.