• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Mayan Palace Nuevo Vallarta - Waterpark Question

whitewater

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach (1Br, 2Br)
Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach - Monte Cristo Estates
We are going to Mayan Palace Nuevo Vallarta next year. Saw a review on RCI from a long time ago about not being able to access the water park (slides, lazy river, and wave pool). We have 3 young kids and would like for them to be able to use.

Anyone have experience or insights on whether we will be able to use?

Ps. we exchanged with RCI (if it matters)

Thanks!!

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
I believe that is correct for Mayan Palace . I believe you need Grand Mayan for Lazy River etc

That said - the Mayan Palace has it's own pool that is very nice and close to the beach . Very nice beach .

Depending on ages you also may want to find out about the kids club & very cool splash pool that is near the Ola Mulata restaurant . (I am not sure if a GM brand level is required )

For an evening kids adventure - the sea turtle hatchery & eco protection area is on the beach near Ola Mulata
I Feb 2017 we saw one of the nightly releases . The pre- release talk & info is geared for kids

WatsonC2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana Villages, Wyndham Grand Desert
I believe that is correct for Mayan Palace . I believe you need Grand Mayan for Lazy River etc

That said - the Mayan Palace has it's own pool that is very nice and close to the beach . Very nice beach .

Depending on ages you also may want to find out about the kids club & very cool splash pool that is near the Ola Mulata restaurant . (I am not sure if a GM brand level is required )

For an evening kids adventure - the sea turtle hatchery & eco protection area is on the beach near Ola Mulata
I Feb 2017 we saw one of the nightly releases . The pre- release talk & info is geared for kids
I would recommend you keep looking for a Grand Mayan RCI availability and drop the Mayan Palace Res. The water park has 2 wave pools, a couple mild water slides, and the lazy river. I'd hate to be the parent of a child who had to watch everyone using these features when they couldn't.

whitewater

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
I would recommend you keep looking for a Grand Mayan RCI availability and drop the Mayan Palace Res. The water park has 2 wave pools, a couple mild water slides, and the lazy river. I'd hate to be the parent of a child who had to watch everyone using these features when they couldn't.

Thanks so much. was within the window and was able to get The Grand Mayan Nuevo Vallarta without loosing my booking fees. Water park here we come! Thanks so much @Corey Watson & @T-Dot-Traveller. 3 happy kids will thank you both. :cheer:

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
Your kids will love it!!!

rpennisi

Reaction score
I was going to ask you if you wanted our GM bracelets after we return in January, but I guess that you won't need them now. Enjoy!

whitewater

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
I was going to ask you if you wanted our GM bracelets after we return in January, but I guess that you won't need them now. Enjoy!
you rock - thanks so much.

would welcome any tips or insights once you get back. we are going Dec. '18 next year.

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
I thought the same thing Ron! We will be at GM in November. I have mailed bracelets to people before so that the kiddos can use the wave pool and lazy river . :) I always keep mine loose enough to take off at night or whenwe leaave the property.

rpennisi

Reaction score
Great minds think alike Phyllis:). I always have them put them on loose for showers and night and when we "escape" the property.

pianoetudes

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham and Vidanta Grand Luxxe
I have mailed bracelets to people before so that the kiddos can use the wave pool and lazy river . :) I always keep mine loose enough to take off at night or whenwe leaave the property.

I should have been collecting the bracelets from my previous trips. They might be needed.

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
I should have been collecting the bracelets from my previous trips. They might be needed.

I have done it for years. A long time ago when we were in Acapulco and were upgraded to the Grand Mayan on check-in, we met a family who like us still had MP. At the time, GM bracelets let you use the water park and others had to pay $7 per day. Their grown kids and grandkids were coming the day after we left. I offered our bracelets and then another couple did too. They family had a blast and emailed me pictures of them at the water park. :) I have been saving them since and the PM someone who has commented on the problem in NV. The older plastic ones could be taped or even used with a wire tie from bread. The newer ones might be trickier, but if they are loose when you send them, they can be
adjusted later. The only problem would be that you need to keep the one with the room key feature handy in a tote bag to get back into your room.

Also, they change the colors regularly, but if I have some to send that are the current year, it is worth a try.

rpennisi

Reaction score
I too had a bag full of them, but trashed them when they went to the room key bracelets.

HudsHut

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks so much. was within the window and was able to get The Grand Mayan Nuevo Vallarta without loosing my booking fees. Water park here we come! Thanks so much @Corey Watson & @T-Dot-Traveller. 3 happy kids will thank you both. :cheer:

The lazy river was the best I've been on. Long, and there is a section where waves are sent into the river every so often. People waited around for that - it was great fun.

The wave pools were not deep enough, and waves were not very noticeable, so they were not used by many people.

Also, games & crafts every day at each pool area.

whitewater

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
The lazy river was the best I've been on. Long, and there is a section where waves are sent into the river every so often. People waited around for that - it was great fun.

The wave pools were not deep enough, and waves were not very noticeable, so they were not used by many people.

Also, games & crafts every day at each pool area.
Thanks so much. counting down the days! 458 to go.... :) (Gotta love timesharing!)

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
23 days for us :cheer: