• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Mazatlan Torres

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
We scored building a bottom floor. The ocean is maybe fourth feet from my deck. The rooms have been renovated. A man with an ice-chest walking down the beach sold me fresh dorado and shrimp. That was tonight's dinner. A mariachi band showed up and played some songs.

The thing I like the best is hearing the waves crashing on the beach.

Bill

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
The thing I like the best is hearing the waves crashing on the beach.
Pretty tough when the noise of the surf is too loud to sleep. Happy hour is at 3:00. They have enough stuff to get by in the on-site tienda, but Walmart is a cheap taxi ride & the staff will help get it to the unit. We walked down the new marina, but there are too many vacancies and we didn't find anything there to draw us back.

We will spend about 5 days at Torres, then move downtown to Centro. We have friends both places.

Jim

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
For me, the crashing waves are like a lullaby. The waves are making it to the sea wall which is about 25 feet from our deck. I like this resort much better than Emerald Bay.

Bill

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
For me, the crashing waves are like a lullaby. The waves are making it to the sea wall which is about 25 feet from our deck. I like this resort much better than Emerald Bay.
We do too. Torres was the first TS I ever stayed at in about 1985ish. It was a SunTerra resort. My mom had gotten a week at through a neighbor. It was the start of my timeshare love affair.

Be well!

Jim

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A fisher person caught a decent sized dorado from shore on a chrome with green cast master lure. I have seen rooster fish cruising every morning. An entire school of foot long rosters chased the bait fish to the beach in a feeding frenzy the other morning.

I didn't bring fishing gear this trip. Bummer !!!!

Bill

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lucky me made a friend with three rods and plenty of gear. The shrimp guy had large as a hotdog shrimp today so we scored a bag. This place has a very nice vibe. We have met many people here that we like.

Bill

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
This might be our new favorite resort. The restaurant at this resort is pretty good and the prices are not too high. My favorite menu item was the grilled ahi tuna steaks. The shrimp cocktail in guacamole boats and fish tacos are really good too. If you like oatmeal it is important to tell them how you like it or it will be brought out Mexican style.

The resort mini market has my wife's favorite wine and a small selection of beer and spirits.

The people working at this resort are very much wanting to be sure you are having a fantastic experience. The guests here intermingle really well with each other. Some guests have been regulars for 39 years.

Fishing off the beach is ok. I tweaked my lower back a little the PB Emerald Bay and while here at the Torres I really tweaked it after stepping into a hole on the beach. We went to the hot tub where I was introduced to a couple that were licensed massage therapists that specialize in muscle injuries. Soon after we said the hello this couple had me on my back pushing muscles. It really hurt but after 10 minutes they were done and I had no pain in my back. Usually it would take 3 days to start felling better after seeing a chiropractor or my doctor .

The next day I had my forth massage ever on the beach from a local girl named Olga that cost $25 for 60+ minutes. She did an entire body massage meaning front , back and head. Even my eye lids and ears. My wife said it was the best she ever had and she gets massaged often.

I didn't realize that the shrimp guy also sells what ever you ask him to bring. He brought tuna for some guests we met. Lobster for some one else. His dad was Gustavo the fish guy and his son took it over. The people that were visiting this resort for 39 years, since it opened, remembers Gustavo.

My taxi guy was Sam. He is 67 years old. We went on a tour through town and to the airport with him. It was ( $30 usd)600 pesos to do an 80 minute tour and ( $20 usd)400 pesos for a ride to the airport.

The ocean is really warm and shallow for a long ways out. Easy to swim in. The resort also has buy in bingo, ping pong, shuffle board. tennis courts, walking path , a small fitness center and daily activities. My favorite activity was watching the sun go down.

Bill

Last edited:

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Shhhhh, Bill. Don't tell 'em. It's hard enough to score a week here, and those big 3BR penthouses are darn near impossible unless you have boucoup VI points.

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
One tourist from Portland said they bought their 9 nights from Expedia for about $110 a night for a one bed unit. They started in building B but after hanging out decided to ask if they could move to building A. Nice move until they revealed they bought their time off Expedia and started spouting off how the actual owners were getting hosed for buying memberships.

Two things I might find a problem are 1). If I couldn't get a unit in building A because the resort let a renter in from an Expedia type vendor. 2). If people trading in from RCI type sites get building A before an owner does. In my opinion, building A should just be for owners only.

It isn't too difficult to acquire points if you have other weeks that can be placed in the VI owner exchange program. I have an 182 point account and deposited a couple of UVC weeks into the system for about an additional 180 VI points.

Gracie, a woman sales rep for VI at the Torres, offered an additional two weeks, lifetime II Platinum and a price of $4000 to add 10 years to my account. I think my RTU expires in 4 years and currently my plan is to let it expire. I might buy another RTU membership later but if I do I would likely buy it resale or would contact Gracie. For being a sales rep, she was really a cool easy person to talk to. The two weeks she offered are worth about $1,500 in maintenance fees and the II Platinum is worth about $1,750.

Bill