• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Merrie Monarch Festival and competitions

taffy19

Reaction score
We always happen to be here when this Festival takes place. The first time we saw it in Hilo and enjoyed it so much so try to watch it on TV which is still very nice too.

If anyone is interested to know what it is about, please check this out. It seems to be on Facebook too.

http://www.merriemonarch.com/2018-festival/

I am so glad that Hawaii is serious about bringing their beautiful culture back of song, dance and language too. Aloha!

slip

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
I was going to post on this too. I haven web back to the Big Island in a while but the next time I go, I want to go to the festival. I’ve been able to watch a lot on YouTube.

klpca

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
We always happen to be here when this Festival takes place. The first time we saw it in Hilo and enjoyed it so much so try to watch it on TV which is still very nice too.

If anyone is interested to know what it is about, please check this out. It seems to be on Facebook too.

http://www.merriemonarch.com/2018-festival/

I am so glad that Hawaii is serious about bringing their beautiful culture back of song, dance and language too. Aloha!

Did you get tickets? Was it difficult to get them? This is a total bucket list item for me but I will have to retire first!

jehb2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Every group I see perform at the Merrie Monarch I am convinced “surely that group is the winner.” They are all so good.

taffy19

Reaction score
We watched all three nights and all groups were indeed very good.

Klpca,the first time we were there in person was in the early 70's but I remember it only being one full day. We went with a local couple who got the tickets for us so have no idea if tickets are hard to get.

We spent several nights in Hilo but went to see the NVP two days on a row. We mostly stay in Hilo because of the National Park and have seen multiple lava flows over the years. It is something you'll never forget but the Merry Monarch Festival was special too because of the atmosphere just like the Rose Parade in person on New Year's day while you can see it better on TV.