• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Minimum purchase to enroll a PIC

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
I saw some people post that they were told that you have to purchase a minimum of 105,000 points to enroll a PIC. That might be the case if you buy at a resort. I was told by a person at Wyndham corporate sales (also called telesales), that the minimum is 49,000 points (around $10k). You can enroll up to two fixed weeks with that 49,000 points package. I enrolled a four bedroom at Williamsburg Plantation that I got on eBay for $28 total. I mention this, because I don’t want someone overpaying to enroll a PIC or to have to deal with a resort sales person. At least the people at corporate sales have their calls recorded. The resort sales guys won’t let you record the conversation. Hope this helps some of you.

Update:

Some of you reading this may not know much about PIC. PIC stands for Personal Interval Choice. Page 359 of the 2014-2015 directory explains more, but this is the nutshell version. If you have a qualifying fixed non-Wyndham week timeshare, you can enroll up to two of them in PIC. There are two flavors of PIC. PIC Express which is good for five years. Then there is PIC Plus which is permanent for as long as you own both the fixed week and points contract. Neither PIC contracts are transferable on the resale market. You can only enroll a fixed week at the time of a retail purchase. Each fixed week has a fixed point value:

one bedroom 105,000 points

two bedroom 154,000 points

three (or more) bedrooms 254,000 points.

With PIC plus, you can use those points towards VIP status and to make reservations ($89 fee per week IF you use the points for bookings). With PIC Express, it only counts towards VIP status. You cannot use those points to make bookings. To enroll a fixed week into either PIC program, you need to make a point purchase. The minimum purchase is 49,000 points if you buy through corporate ($10,000). If you buy through the resorts, they will likely make you buy 105,000 points ($20k-$25k). When you buy those 49,000 points, you can enroll up to two fixed weeks for a maximum if 508,000 points (two 3 bedrooms). Keep in mind, you still have to pay the maintenance fees for the fixed week, as well as the Wyndham program fee if .56/1000 w/o Plus partners or .58/1000 w/Plus Partners. My fixed week has a maintenance fee of $849 a year. Add in the program fee and my total fees for that fixed week is $996.32 per year for a three bedroom. That works out to $3.92/1000 points. Cheaper then the majority of points contracts.

Last edited:

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
I saw some people post that they were told that you have to purchase a minimum of 105,000 points to enroll a PIC. That might be the case if you buy at a resort. I was told by a person at Wyndham corporate sales (also called telesales), that the minimum is 49,000 points (around $10k). You can enroll up to two fixed weeks with that 49,000 points package. I enrolled a four bedroom at Williamsburg Plantation that I got on eBay for $28 total. I mention this because I don’t want someone overpaying to enroll a PIC or to have to deal with a resort sales person. At least the people at corporate sales have their calls recorded. The resort sales guys won’t let you record the conversation. Hope this helps some of you.
It used to be about 50000 per week. Maximum of two weeks.

As I see it you could do 254000 + 254000 + 105000= 613000 points and silver. Cost about $20000

If you already own a small contract or buy another small number of points ( at least 87000 points) you would get to gold. So your total purchase would be about $40000

And if you wanted to be Platinum your total “investment” (for the Wyndham points (500000) would be about $80000.

As I see it the only two benefits are the guest confirms, and discounts within 60 days of check it.i don’t think you can count on upgrades) If you got 50% discounts on half your reservations you would have the effective use of another 500000 points

Rather then spending $80000 I think I would rather buy 150000 million points on the secondary market the extra 500000 will cost you an additional $3000 or so per year in maintenance fees... so about $25 years to break even and that assume you pay cash. I f you financed it I don’t think you would ever break even

Of course if you wanted a lot more points (I had 30 million) and were able to rent a bunch at a profit, I could justify an investment of $80000 or so

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
So now it’s possible to
For $2 buy 2 PICs listed in the eBay ad
Buy 49k or 64k points for $10k when enrolling the 2 PICs

You can get upto 572k developer status points for $10,002.00- Silver VIP
With very low MFs. For $700 MF on 254k with the eBay ad!! Under $3.50 per thousand with program fee included. That’s lower than any Wyndham Plus resort.

Seems pretty silly to me that most here recommend buying resale instead of going that route?

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
Buy 130k CWA contract to get Gold VIP for about $19k
Now your Gold for under $30,000.00
You would also still have a low average on your MFs

Cyrus24

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Royal Garden, Las Olas, VV at Parkway, Island Links
I saw some people post that they were told that you have to purchase a minimum of 105,000 points to enroll a PIC. T
To be clear, I did not say that you 'have to purchase 105K' to be able to PIC, nor did I say that it took 2 purchases to get 2 units into the PIC system. It happens that this is the way I did it. Most efficient, probably not. Just as PIC'ing a 2BR was not very efficient. I've lived and I've learned. Most important thing I've learned over time, in life, is to not sweat the small stuff. I'm very happy with my Gold ownership. If and when I ever decide to bump myself on up to Platinum, you can bet that I'll have a 3BR in my pocket ready to PIC as a replacement for the 2BR I currently have in the Wyndham system. Replacing the 2BR with a 3BR is an easy 100K points toward the next tier. Side note, it's very nice for members of the forum to know that you can PIC for as low as a 49K point Developer purchase. As Braindead shared, PIC'ing low MF dollar resorts purchased off EBay can really drive down your overall $/1000 cost of points and get you to Silver with very dollars spent in the sales office.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
To be clear, I did not say that you 'have to purchase 105K' to be able to PIC, nor did I say that it took 2 purchases to get 2 units into the PIC system. It happens that this is the way I did it. Most efficient, probably not. Just as PIC'ing a 2BR was not very efficient. I've lived and I've learned. Most important thing I've learned over time, in life, is to not sweat the small stuff. I'm very happy with my Gold ownership. If and when I ever decide to bump myself on up to Platinum, you can bet that I'll have a 3BR in my pocket ready to PIC as a replacement for the 2BR I currently have in the Wyndham system. Replacing the 2BR with a 3BR is an easy 100K points toward the next tier. Side note, it's very nice for members of the forum to know that you can PIC for as low as a 49K point Developer purchase. As Braindead shared, PIC'ing low MF dollar resorts purchased off EBay can really drive down your overall $/1000 cost of points and get you to Silver with very dollars spent in the sales office.

paying. Even $ 10k for silver is a waste of money.

I would still like to confirm that you can pic 2 weeks with just a $10000 purchase. I thiought you needed 50000 points per week

Cyrus24

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
One of the things missing from many pieces of information given by those making posts is timing. When did Richelle actually PIC the 4BR at the time of a 49,000 point phone purchase? If that happened in 2017/2018, well this is very current and very useful information. We all know that things change. What someone could do over the phone in 2008 might not work in 2018. As well, something that someone did in March 2018 might not work in July 2018.

Arb

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Regarding PIC weeks -- is it possible to replace a 2br PIC week with a 3br PIC week?

Cyrus24

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I would like to know that, as well. If someone actually did that, I'd like to know when and how much of a Developer Purchase was involved. I may want to do that someday.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
Whatever answer you get from Wyndham better be signed.
Just guessing you would be the same as enrolling a new PIC. Might be able to do it all at ounce with a new purchase. But knowing Wyndham you would probably have to drop the 2bdr out for a few months or they would drop the 3bdr instead and you would be back where you started

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation

I probably should have included that I saw it here and on the Facebook groups. I didn’t mean to imply you were the only one who said it. There was more then one person who mentioned it here, as well as the Facebook groups.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
paying. Even $ 10k for silver is a waste of money.

I would still like to confirm that you can pic 2 weeks with just a $10000 purchase. I thiought you needed 50000 points per week

One purchase, two PICs. Not $10k each. So for $10k you can have a total of 557k points that are eligible for VIP if you enroll (2) three bedrooms and buy 49,000 points. That would get you silver.

To be clear for those that do not already know, it has to be a “qualifying” week . Talk with a corporate sales person to verify it’s eligible before buying anything on eBay. RCI Gold crowns are the best options for multiple reasons.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
One of the things missing from many pieces of information given by those making posts is timing. When did Richelle actually PIC the 4BR at the time of a 49,000 point phone purchase? If that happened in 2017/2018, well this is very current and very useful information. We all know that things change. What someone could do over the phone in 2008 might not work in 2018. As well, something that someone did in March 2018 might not work in July 2018.

Yes. Did it a few weeks ago.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
I would like to know that, as well. If someone actually did that, I'd like to know when and how much of a Developer Purchase was involved. I may want to do that someday.

There are a couple people I know of who are trying to go straight to Gold with PIC. I did that, but I didn’t have to buy a lot of points to make that happen because I made a retail purchase back in 2008. I can give you the name of my sales person but the only thing she can do is confirm it. She cannot try to sell you anything unless you specifically ask for her and you have to do that through email. She can at least confirm that you can enroll a PIC with 49,000 point purchase.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
Whatever answer you get from Wyndham better be signed.
Just guessing you would be the same as enrolling a new PIC. Might be able to do it all at ounce with a new purchase. But knowing Wyndham you would probably have to drop the 2bdr out for a few months or they would drop the 3bdr instead and you would be back where you started

The telesales rep posted in Facebook that the minimum was 49k points. Is that in writing? Lol

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
Regarding PIC weeks -- is it possible to replace a 2br PIC week with a 3br PIC week?

Yep. There is a form you fill out for each week. We had a two bedroom lock out split between the two weeks. We consolidated to one and added the four bedroom.

Cyrus24

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Yep. There is a form you fill out for each week. We had a two bedroom lock out split between the two weeks. We consolidated to one and added the four bedroom.
Excellent information. And very current. THANK YOU. I'm not in the market, today, but, I will remember this thread.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
Excellent information. And very current. THANK YOU. I'm not in the market, today, but, I will remember this thread.

No problem. I swore I would never buy more points from Wyndham, but when I learned that I could use a resale fixed week and only buy 49,000 points to enroll it, I figured I’d jump on it before they changed their mind. Lol

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Did not know that a swap of a PIC could be done. With or without a developer purchase. A PIC can be dropped. I to would be interested to know if a PIC could be changed to a different unit without a additional purchase.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
Did not know that a swap of a PIC could be done. With or without a developer purchase. A PIC can be dropped. I to would be interested to know if a PIC could be changed to a different unit without a additional purchase.

It is my understanding that to add a different PIC would require an additional purchase. When the resort that was our PIC sold I was told that we couldn't replace it with a different one.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
It is my understanding that to add a different PIC would require an additional purchase. When the resort that was our PIC sold I was told that we couldn't replace it with a different one.

I might have misunderstood your question earlier. I believe The majority of PIC changes can only be done with a new purchase. However, when I enrolled the first fixed into PIC, they made it a one bedroom when it was supposed to be a two bedroom lockout. The sales guy said I would have to buy more points to get it fixed. Owner Care fixed it for free. I would imagine in Your case, since it was not their error, you would have to buy more points to enroll it. I know someone told me you can negotiate with telesales like you do the resorts. They may have a contract they are looking to dump cheaper then $10k. Don’t hold me to this but I think someone got a 64,000 contract at Bentley Brook for $8k. Bentley brook has high MF but if it’s only 64,000, it’s not going to break the bank and would get you the new PIC enrolled. If you have the cash to spend, and it’s important to you, it might be worth a call. Before you do though, call Owner Care directly to see if thee is anything that can be done for free. If you already called once, try one more time. You don’t always get the same answer. I’ll see if I can find anything out as well.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just wonder how long the policy of being able to enroll 2 PICs with a 49k point purchase has been in effect.
Is it new and shows that sales have dropped off with the new rules and the disaster called Voyager ?
Looks like Wyndham is hungry for sales to me especially from current owners if its only offered from corporate sales

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
I just wonder how long the policy of being able to enroll 2 PICs with a 49k point purchase has been in effect.
Is it new and shows that sales have dropped off with the new rules and the disaster called Voyager ?
Looks like Wyndham is hungry for sales to me especially from current owners if its only offered from corporate sales

Everytime I have gone to an update, there is always a new minimum, as in the minimum number of points they were “allowed” to sell. Never was that minimum as low as 49,000 points. I never thought to ask a corporate sales person what the minimum was to enroll a PIC. I would imagine there is not a ton of commission on 49,000 points, so that might be why it’s not advertised much. Might also be why PIC is not brought up by the sales people when trying to sell you more points. If you can get 254k points from something you bought off eBay for $28, why spend $34k for those points when you only need to spend $10k to get them. A car salesman is going to try and sell you the car that gets him the most commission. PIC and 49,000 points doesn’t get them much. I think the minimum from corporate has always been lower then resorts, but whether or not it’s always been 49,000, I’m not sure. It is possible they lowered it a bit to entice more people, but I did see a 28,000 contract on eBay one time. I thought that was kind of a useless contract, but now I’m thinking it might have been originally purchased to enroll a PiC.