• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Missing points

jberndt10

TUG Member
Reaction score
Are others still noticing missing points from their accounts since the new website roll out. We seem to be short about 76k points for our 2018 year. My husband also thinks we received an email stating we would get an extra 1/2 years points when they combined our 2 contracts with the new website roll out, which never happened. They gave us an entire year and took it away on the same day. I called about the missing points for 2018 but really didn’t get anywhere other than a useless slightly longer (1 month ) history of points use. Has anyone else had this problem and reached a satisfactory outcome?

CruiseGuy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Panama City Beach, Bonnet Creek, and Royal Vista
I am 231,000 points short. About two weeks after the website rolled out, at the beginning of June, they suddenly disappeared. I had screenshots and had not made any new reservations. I reported it immediately, and it's still not fixed. They promised to do a points audit, then closed the first two tickets without doing anything and without notifying me, and when I called claimed nothing was wrong. The third ticket is still open since September, but they still have not completed the audit or restored points. It should not take over 9 months and 3 tickets to resolve a problem. This is over $1200 in maintenance fees out of my pocket, and many months of lost reservation opportunities. It's already getting to the point that there will be slim pickings for any reservations I want when they do restore the points.

johnstonga

TUG Member
Reaction score
FYI --- just posted the following under the "Negative Point Balance" Thread

=====
My Point Balances have been screwed up for about Two YEARS ... and I am Under Audit again because I have Negative Balances in a couple of my future line-item use year start dates.

It all began in 2016
when I began reporting odd, out of whack point balances showing up in my use year end dates.
For my good citizenship, after six months I had my account Frozen for over a month in the fall while an audit was conducted...... then "thawed" for another couple of months and finally resolved without any penalty to me .... just six months of frustration followed by another six months of 'collateral damage'.

By the spring of 2017, I thought the worst had passed. Then the new system came along and the point balances were 'weird' again ... but I didn't report anything because Wyndham had "Much Bigger Fish to Fry" with the catastrophic roll out of the new system .... and I feared that any Wyndham "cure" for my issues might be worse than their "diseased" transfer/rollout. Instead, I decided to roll with the punches and hoped that the garbage would be flushed out by 2017 reservations andt that 2018 would bring some clarity ... both in the new system and my own account.

In January 2018, while following up on an unrelated lack-of-inventory issue due to the new system Over booking "lock-off" units,
I was informed that there were some Negative Balance 'time bombs' in my future use years which could result in 471K points being deducted from my point balance at the beginning of those use years. So .... I am now under audit again and was told to expect the results on/by March 1.

Points = Money.

I've had bank accounts for over 50 years .... I can only remember One Error in any of my Bank accounts in 50+ years, and that was in my favor.

My Wyndham Account has been Platinum since 2000 , Silver and Gold before that -- all when it was still Fairfield.
I never had a Point Balance problem until 2016.

Two years later .... I still have a Point Balance problem because the "Wyndham" Bank can no longer keep track of our "money".

Now, I hope it can all be cleared up by 2019 .... it's still a hope, perhaps I should also add prayer.

jberndt10

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am 231,000 points short. About two weeks after the website rolled out, at the beginning of June, they suddenly disappeared. I had screenshots and had not made any new reservations. I reported it immediately, and it's still not fixed. They promised to do a points audit, then closed the first two tickets without doing anything and without notifying me, and when I called claimed nothing was wrong. The third ticket is still open since September, but they still have not completed the audit or restored points. It should not take over 9 months and 3 tickets to resolve a problem. This is over $1200 in maintenance fees out of my pocket, and many months of lost reservation opportunities. It's already getting to the point that there will be slim pickings for any reservations I want when they do restore the points.

So I should be glad it's only 76,000 points and let it go.:wall: It appears I have the correct amount of "available" points for 2019 though in the history or whatever they call it it shows points added December 24, 2017 are for 2020 use year. Nothing for '18 or '19. How does that work?? :shrug:

Last edited:

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
I CAN ONLY SAY KEEP CALLING! I made many calls to Wyndham and feel that being persistent may have forced them to act. Wyndham has adjusted my points on many occasions while I was on the phone. You need to ask for a manager or someone that can make adjustments. Just don't throw up the white flag. They actually just called last week and adjusted my account +++ 58,000 points after their so called points audit on my account. I was surprised that they compensated me for all the time spent on phone and aggravation of the new web roll out. They also sent me a RCI week when I asked to be compensated for all the time and aggravation of new web site and points issues. Points have been lost on every deed transferred in or out last year. If you were not watching and creating screen shots of your account I guarantee you where shorted points. When they adjust use years they should also adjust your point total, not just extend the use of the balance of your points for that year.

jberndt10

TUG Member
Reaction score
I CAN ONLY SAY KEEP CALLING! I made many calls to Wyndham and feel that being persistent may have forced them to act. Wyndham has adjusted my points on many occasions while I was on the phone. You need to ask for a manager or someone that can make adjustments. Just don't throw up the white flag. They actually just called last week and adjusted my account +++ 58,000 points after their so called points audit on my account. I was surprised that they compensated me for all the time spent on phone and aggravation of the new web roll out. They also sent me a RCI week when I asked to be compensated for all the time and aggravation of new web site and points issues. Points have been lost on every deed transferred in or out last year. If you were not watching and creating screen shots of your account I guarantee you where shorted points. When they adjust use years they should also adjust your point total, not just extend the use of the balance of your points for that year.

Got as far as the second level today. Their books show “things I can’t see” They are sending me a more detailed transaction history. Hopefully it’s more useful than the last piece of toilet paper they sent me. They also tried to tell me I credit pooled points which I did not do.

CruiseGuy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Panama City Beach, Bonnet Creek, and Royal Vista
Wyndham finally gave me my 231,000 points back. It only took 9 months. Yes a full 9 months from when I first reported them missing! Plus 3 tickets and multiple calls. And they didn't notify me that it was done, or apologize for all the missed opportunities to make reservations. Suddenly they were just there this morning. I'm glad they are back so I can finally make a couple reservations, but it has been a very poor customer service experience overall.

johnstonga

TUG Member
Reaction score
Congrats. Cruise Guy, for getting your 231K points back .... that's about a point a day for your 9 month wait, ugh.

Of course, 'what the Wyn giveth, the Wyn can take away' ..... if you don't hear from them somehow in a week or so, I think I'd call to get somebody to say "Yes, audit done, and these are your points to keep".

Which reminds me to call as well since I was put into audit in mid January with expected completion by March 1 --- and I have not heard a chirp .... so it's time for me to call as well.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
Wyndham finally gave me my 231,000 points back. It only took 9 months. Yes a full 9 months from when I first reported them missing! Plus 3 tickets and multiple calls. And they didn't notify me that it was done, or apologize for all the missed opportunities to make reservations. Suddenly they were just there this morning. I'm glad they are back so I can finally make a couple reservations, but it has been a very poor customer service experience overall.

If it were me I'd tie those points up in a future reservation to make them go away. Out of sight, out of mind. You can always cancel the reservation later when you need to book a reservation you actually want.