• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Modifying reservation

socaltimeshare

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have my deeded week at Highlands (1 bedroom ocean view) booked this summer for a week but now I can't make the whole week. Ideally, I'd like to stay 4 days and try renting out the other 3. Now that it is already reserved, can I modify this into a 3-night reservation (the part I want to rent out), and then try to immediately re-book the 4 days using the points that are in my account due to modifying the reservation from 7 to 3 days? I'm guessing a drawback to this plan is there would be a reservation modification fee (going from 7 to 3 days). Can you even modify a reservation in this way? Also, a second booking fee (for the 4 days I want to stay)? Also, no guarantee that someone else doesn't have those 4 days requested (is there a way to figure this out before-hand)?

Any guidance/suggestions would be appreciated.

Sapper

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
The only way I know how to do what you are asking is to cancel your reservation, then reserve the three night and four night separately. The down side to this is you just created three fees for your self (one cancelation fee and two new reservation fees) and if someone else has a request in for the week you are initially canceling, they might get it when you release it.

I would call in to Hyatt and discuss with them what you are attempting to do. They may be able to help you do this in a different way that is both less costly and less risky.

Please let us know what happens.

bdh

TUG Member
Reaction score
Since it's an HRPP reservation, it is possible to split it into two separate reservations. You will definitely need to call the 800 Go Hyatt folks - call them M - F between the hours of 8:00 am - 5:00 pm (the Go Hyatt folks have to contact Corporate to make the reservation change as Corporate is the only one that can do what you done - and Corporate is only open during the day M - F). Sapper is correct in that you will have additional fees for the cancellation and new reservations. However since it's an HRPP that is already reserved, Corporate can split the reservation without exposing it to other owner's waitlist requests.

Note that due to the ongoing transition from Hyatt to Marriott staff, it may actually be II that you're dealing with in lieu of Hyatt Corporate.