• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Molokai Thanksgiving Trip

slip

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
To say we have a lot to be Thankful for this year would be an understatement. And it was official this morning that our house in Wisconsin is sold. We signed the papers and sent them to Wisconsin last week for the closing this morning. We got word this morning it is all complete and that checks off the last box to our journey.

So, one more day of work tomorrow and we get to head over to the condo on Molokai. We were thinking of taking a turkey in our carryon, we’re flying Mokulele, but my wife decided with the house being sold we are going to Hiro’s for their Thanksgiving Dinner. My wife made the reservations last week so we are all set. They have an all you can eat Poke Bar and of course Turkey.

This will also be the first time we are not renting a car. We are getting a shuttle to pick us up at the airport and take us to WaveCrest. Then we can use our car and then take the shuttle back when we leave. My wife can’t wait to see her car again. :)

One thing my wife is looking forward to is the quiet of Molokai compared to the noise of Waikiki.:) Our flight leaves at 8am so we’ll have plenty of time to get back into town and do some grocery shopping for the week.

We have our swimming trunks packed and we are both looking forward to hitting the pool. They are renovating the pool here in Waikiki. It will be completed in March so we are looking forward to that.

I’ll be posting some pictures of the trip like usual. Our next trip back to Molokai will be in February and that will be fun because our daughter is coming to Oahu and wanted to see our place on Molokai too so we will get to show her around.

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
I’ve said it enough that it’s beginning to sound repetitive, but Congratulations, Jeff! You both have come so far, and things that seemed like overwhelming obstacles have been tackled and overcome with ease. Everyone is a bit in awe of all you’ve accomplished over the last year. Very, very proud of you both, and very happy for you and your new life.

Enjoy your Thanksgiving!

Dave

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
We have our swimming trunks packed

So Jeff - Your wife swims topless? Does this mean that you live in a clothing optional complex? :D

Reactions: Xan

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
So Jeff - Your wife swims topless? Does this mean that you live in a clothing optional complex? :D

:D
I suppose I didn’t word that the best did I. :)

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Only a few more hours and I will be able to pack my small carryon and be ready for the morning.

We haven’t flown Mokulele out of Oahu before. Our last trip we used Hawaiian. The airport is supposed to be a zoo tomorrow but Mokulele should be good. We’ll see how the traffic is though. :)

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score

I would say that depends on the size and design of the trunks.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Screen Shot 2019-11-26 at 1.30.16 PM.png

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
To say we have a lot to be Thankful for this year would be an understatement. And it was official this morning that our house in Wisconsin is sold. We signed the papers and sent them to Wisconsin last week for the closing this morning. We got word this morning it is all complete and that checks off the last box to our journey.

So, one more day of work tomorrow and we get to head over to the condo on Molokai. We were thinking of taking a turkey in our carryon, we’re flying Mokulele, but my wife decided with the house being sold we are going to Hiro’s for their Thanksgiving Dinner. My wife made the reservations last week so we are all set. They have an all you can eat Poke Bar and of course Turkey.

This will also be the first time we are not renting a car. We are getting a shuttle to pick us up at the airport and take us to WaveCrest. Then we can use our car and then take the shuttle back when we leave. My wife can’t wait to see her car again. :)

One thing my wife is looking forward to is the quiet of Molokai compared to the noise of Waikiki.:) Our flight leaves at 8am so we’ll have plenty of time to get back into town and do some grocery shopping for the week.

We have our swimming trunks packed and we are both looking forward to hitting the pool. They are renovating the pool here in Waikiki. It will be completed in March so we are looking forward to that.

I’ll be posting some pictures of the trip like usual. Our next trip back to Molokai will be in February and that will be fun because our daughter is coming to Oahu and wanted to see our place on Molokai too so we will get to show her around.

This is so incredibly exciting! Wish you the best of luck. You are living the dream!

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
This is so incredibly exciting! Wish you the best of luck. You are living the dream!

Thank You!

I like the new handle.

You are just about there yourself, it won’t be long now.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
It’s so nice to see 2 nice folks convert their dreams into reality.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thank You, whenever you do this with someone else it can be hard to judge how it’s going with the other person. I’m glad I don’t have that problem, I can tell my wife is having the time of her life. I think her retirement has turned into more than she ever dreamed.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving Jeff and Mrs. Jeff!

Thank You!! I hope you and you family have a great one as well!!

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
Thank You, whenever you do this with someone else it can be hard to judge how it’s going with the other person. I’m glad I don’t have that problem, I can tell my wife is having the time of her life. I think her retirement has turned into more than she ever dreamed.
Jeff, when I retired I wondered why I hadn't done it years earlier. :D

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Jeff, when I retired I wondered why I hadn't done it years earlier. :D

No that the house is sold. My bank account looks like I am closer to retiring. :)

I’ll start hoping for 60 instead of 62. :)

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
Sounds nice. Happy Thanksgiving!

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a great 'Thanksgiving', in both the act of truly giving thanks for the bounty you've achieved, and in the participation of the shared holiday.
Congratulations on your dedication to completing your dream, and making it happen.

Jim

MrockStar

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Jeff, Happy thanksgiving. Glad you sold your home in Wisconsin. Maybee i can sell mine in MI in 5 or 6 years and retire. That Molokia restaurant sound like fun. Enjoy.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Jeff, Happy thanksgiving. Glad you sold your home in Wisconsin. Maybee i can sell mine in MI in 5 or 6 years and retire. That Molokia restaurant sound like fun. Enjoy.

Good luck!! I am hoping to retire in 5 years so we’ll be close. I’ll post some picture of Hiro’s here. I want to see the Poke Bar. :)

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sounds like a great 'Thanksgiving', in both the act of truly giving thanks for the bounty you've achieved, and in the participation of the shared holiday.
Congratulations on your dedication to completing your dream, and making it happen.

Jim

Thanks Jim!!

You’ll have to post how you celebrated the Thanksgiving Holiday!!

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We had a quick dinner tonight at Moose Mcgillycuddy’s. We haven’t been here since our first trip to Oahu ten years ago. Good Happy Hour, 4 to 7, half price drinks. We had a Mai Tai and a Lava Flow. I had the fish and chips, Mahi. My wife had the Bacon Pickle Burger called Angelica Pickles. :)

2B209828-94FD-4548-AC1A-2D149D9A009B.jpeg
89C10ECD-A16D-43AB-9A90-0A550A06C366.jpeg

My wife is finishing up on laundry and then we just have to pack a few things and we’re ready. I’m liking these half hour flights to our condo. Sure beats the 12 to 14 hours before. :thumbup:

Tamaradarann

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC South Beach, HGVC Las Vegas, HGVC Las Vegas on the Strip, HGVC Sea World, Misner Place

Slip, I know you and your wife have picked Molokai because you love the peace and quiet and that is your preference for a retirement home. You know our preference is Waikiki. I have to comically provide a line that I recall from the Movie "Caddy Shack" that that your comment, "One thing my wife is looking forward to is the quiet of Molokai compared to the noise of Waikiki", reminded me of:

Dr. Beeper: "It must be a nice change from dreary, old Manhattan. Lacey: Yes. I was getting really tired of having fun all the time."

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Slip, I know you and your wife have picked Molokai because you love the peace and quiet and that is your preference for a retirement home. You know our preference is Waikiki. I have to comically provide a line that I recall from the Movie "Caddy Shack" that that your comment, "One thing my wife is looking forward to is the quiet of Molokai compared to the noise of Waikiki", reminded me of:

Dr. Beeper: "It must be a nice change from dreary, old Manhattan. Lacey: Yes. I was getting really tired of having fun all the time."

:):p
I remember that one!! It will be very quiet on Molokai. I bet we won’t hear one siren. :)

We are on the way to the airport now. Traffic is heavy, even this early but there were a couple of accidents to get by.

As long as we get our shopping done today we’re good.