• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

more info on reservations coming back after cancellation

comicbookman

TUG Member
Reaction score
An example of website behavior:
I had a reservation got a 3bd and a 1bd for the second weekend in June at Governors Green in Williamsburg. On Sunday April 8th (the beginning of my 60 day discount and upgrade window) at around 11:30 am, I checked and found multiple 2bd and a 3bd available. I booked and upgraded a 2 bd. to get a 3bd at 1/2 2bd cost. I then cancelled my previous full point reservations for the 3bd and the 1bd. I checked for about an hour and neither came back, so I booked the remaining 2bd at 50% off and checked the please upgrade box. At 8:34 am on Monday, the 2 BD auto upgraded to a 3bd. The 1bd has continued to be MIA, but someone may have grabbed it. The only conclusion I draw from this is that the auto upgrade worked, once the 3bd came back.

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing. In my experience the auto upgrade feature works with some reservations at the 60 day mark, then goes dormant for several weeks, and then rebounds after the 15 day mark and upgrades units that will be used in a few days. All in all, I prefer to make the reservation and upgrade myself, inside the 60 day window. I've never had one of those rescinded. Have had some rescinded of the "auto upgrade" ilk.

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
I will offer that the majority of my upgrades occur between 3:10ish a.m. to 3:30. I suspect that after midnight on the left coast is when the upgrade process runs.

I also find that after 3:30 or so, is when any "held" inventory is released back into the system.

But like wjappraise - I find at certain resorts (i.e. Grand Desert) I am getting more upgrades at the 15 day mark.

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
The title of this thread has to do with reservations coming back after cancellation. However, only the OP said anything about a reservation coming back after a cancellation (it didn't). The rest of the OP's post and the next two talk about upgrades.

So far, about 11 months after the change, I don't think we've learned anything about when or if cancellations reappear in inventory. There are lots of guesses, theories, and anecdotes but not much in the way of hard, useful data.

Last edited:

comicbookman

TUG Member
Reaction score
The title of this thread has to do with reservations coming back after cancellation. However, only the OP said anything about a reservation coming back after a cancellation (it didn't). The rest of the OP's post and the next two talk about upgrades.

So far, about 11 months after the change, I don't think we've learned anything about when or if cancellations reappear in inventory. There are lots of guesses, theories, and anecdotes but not much in the way of hard, useful data.

The upgrade part of the post was to show the 3bd reservation did come back, and my 2bd reservation was then upgraded to it. You are correct it was not meant as a discussion about upgrades.

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
The upgrade part of the post was to show the 3bd reservation did come back, and my 2bd reservation was then upgraded to it. You are correct it was not meant as a discussion about upgrades.

Since the new reservation system came online last May, Governor's Green is the only place I've had reservations come back quickly. That was last August -- I rebooked three 3BR units for a family reunion. I had one other -- don't remember where or when but it was probably a random occurrence. Could have been my canceled reservation or not. Same as your 3BR unit, I suppose, but like you, I would guess that it was your cancellation.

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
In my experience I have found about 1/3 of the cancellations I’ve made have come back sometime in the next three days. Typically I have found the ones that return come back in early morning - 5:00 am to 7:30 am.

The timing for returns is NOT right at the 60-day mark, those haven’t returned for me. At about 45-55 days I find much better success for returning reservations. Then it drops off during 15-45 day window. And then comes back strong at 10-15 days.

The sample size for me has been about 40 reservations during the past 3 months.

cyseitz

TUG Member
Reaction score
I will offer that the majority of my upgrades occur between 3:10ish a.m. to 3:30. I suspect that after midnight on the left coast is when the upgrade process runs.

I also find that after 3:30 or so, is when any "held" inventory is released back into the system.

But like wjappraise - I find at certain resorts (i.e. Grand Desert) I am getting more upgrades at the 15 day mark.
3:30 EST?

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
Yes on the upgrades. On the released inventory, I am not as sure after watching it more closely the last week.