• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Morritt 's Grand Grand Cayman

Ann-Marie

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Summit @ Massunetten, Sheraton Desert Oasis
There was a large space bank I grabbed two units. Not sure how much is left.

Suesue1738

TUG Member
Reaction score
Me too!

I, too, grabbed 2 units! We love it there! When we went last summer, one of the timeshare salesmen said we had "gotten our last trade" into Morritts through RCI, as they would be bulk depositing via II in the future. I should have known he was lying; his lips were moving.:rolleyes:

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
I, too, grabbed 2 units! We love it there! When we went last summer, one of the timeshare salesmen said we had "gotten our last trade" into Morritts through RCI, as they would be bulk depositing via II in the future. I should have known he was lying; his lips were moving.:rolleyes:

What was he trying to sell you? I remember we went there a few years ago via an exchange. The sales lady at that time slipped a flyer under our door reminding us that RCI had a 1-in-4 rule. I did go to see her later (without the lure of a gift) and she gave me a brief tour. I asked a few questions but was out within about 15-20 minutes.

And BTW, what is the daily "electrical charge" (or whatever they call it) up to now?

GrayFal

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
What was he trying to sell you? I remember we went there a few years ago via an exchange. The sales lady at that time slipped a flyer under our door reminding us that RCI had a 1-in-4 rule. I did go to see her later (without the lure of a gift) and she gave me a brief tour. I asked a few questions but was out within about 15-20 minutes.

And BTW, what is the daily "electrical charge" (or whatever they call it) up to now?

Each unit is individually metered so it all depends on your usage.
They still seem to be depositing in both II and RCInfor Morritts Tortuga and Morritts Grand. The Londoner at Morritts Tortuga is only with II.

dsexton

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Beach Quarters, RiverPointe, Westin Lagunamar, Sea Scape Beach and Golf Villas
Electrical Charge -
We recently stayed in a 2-bedroom in Morritt's Tortuga Club (the townhouse style), it was newly renovated, and the charge was $191 for the week. Luckily we had 5 people sharing the cost.

Suesue1738

TUG Member
Reaction score
Timeshare tour

LannyPC, he was trying to sell us a timeshare. We had taken the timeshare tour for really two reasons: I wanted to see the inside of The Londoner, and more importantly, so we could get free stingray city tour tickets. It was our friends first time to Grand Cayman, and we were trying to save a nickel...

I don't think they still have the 1 in 4 rule, as my sister and I were both able to trade into Morritts again in 2017, and we just went this summer..:shrug:

hammerhammer

Reaction score
I did the tour and they told me they were leaving RCI and going with a different trading partner. REsorts international??? Same one as the Reef

Weimaraner

TUG Member
Reaction score
I did the tour and they told me they were leaving RCI and going with a different trading partner. REsorts international??? Same one as the Reef

I think they meant Interval International. The Reef is available in Interval and I noticed Morritt's joined in the past year. There are some resorts that are dual affiliated with RCI and Interval so hopefully they keep it that way.

Suesue1738

TUG Member
Reaction score
What I'm seeing for the Grand 2017, Dec

If you are searching RCI in weeks, here's what I'm seeing in December, but nothing as late as week 52:

2 Bedrooms 6 (6) Full Sun 10-Dec-2017 Sun 17-Dec-2017 Exchange Fee 25
1 Bedroom 4 (4) Full Sun 10-Dec-2017 Sun 17-Dec-2017 Exchange Fee 23
1 Bedroom 4 (4) Full Fri 15-Dec-2017 Fri 22-Dec-2017 Exchange Fee 26
2 Bedrooms 6 (6) Full Fri 15-Dec-2017 Fri 22-Dec-2017 Exchange Fee 28
1 Bedroom 4 (4) Full Sat 16-Dec-2017 Sat 23-Dec-2017 Exchange Fee 26
1 Bedroom 4 (4) Full Sun 17-Dec-2017

hammerhammer

Reaction score
If you are searching RCI in weeks, here's what I'm seeing in December, but nothing as late as week 52:

2 Bedrooms 6 (6) Full Sun 10-Dec-2017 Sun 17-Dec-2017 Exchange Fee 25
1 Bedroom 4 (4) Full Sun 10-Dec-2017 Sun 17-Dec-2017 Exchange Fee 23
1 Bedroom 4 (4) Full Fri 15-Dec-2017 Fri 22-Dec-2017 Exchange Fee 26
2 Bedrooms 6 (6) Full Fri 15-Dec-2017 Fri 22-Dec-2017 Exchange Fee 28
1 Bedroom 4 (4) Full Sat 16-Dec-2017 Sat 23-Dec-2017 Exchange Fee 26
1 Bedroom 4 (4) Full Sun 17-Dec-2017

Thanks sue sue :)

Tim3Marriott

Reaction score
Is Morritts Londoner available through II? We did get a rare 2019 trade into Morritts Grande. Tortuga Club seems to be available always. Much difference between Londoner and Grande?

shorts

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Points
Morritts Tortuga Club (9 wks) Grand Cayman
Londoner is only available as a separate resort thru II although it is technically a part of the Tortuga Club. It has only 2 and 3 bedroom units although I wouldn’t expect to see any 3 bedroom units up for exchange as there are not many of them. The Londoner has it’s own decor but is all ocean front like the Grand units. The building sits right next to the check in building and the restaurant. The Londoner is the newest Morritts building.

Quimby4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott DSV II
Riviera Beach Spa Resort (deed back 2018)
I have Grand booked for June 2019. I am seeing a lot of trip reports with comments about seagrass being in the water in front of Morritts.
Have you found this to be the case?
People state that the beach is pretty much not usable because of it. Supposedly 7 Mile Beach and east end dont have the same problem.

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
I know that Morritt's is mainly weeks-based intervals. Does it have any intervals available on points? Do any other resorts have points-based? I am just wondering if it is possible for an owner of any resort on Grand Cayman to book a stay for periods of longer than seven days but shorter than 14.

GrayFal

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
I know that Morritt's is mainly weeks-based intervals. Does it have any intervals available on points? Do any other resorts have points-based? I am just wondering if it is possible for an owner of any resort on Grand Cayman to book a stay for periods of longer than seven days but shorter than 14.
I am an owner times many years. As far as I know, none of the units are in RCI Points. Was strictly an RCI resort but with the construction of the Londoner building, both MTC and MG are dual affiliated. Londoner is only in II.