TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 24 years!

Join tens of thousands of other owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Note that the "About the rest of TUG" and "About TUGBBS" forums have been moved further down the list under the lounge area. just in case anyone was wondering where they disappeared to!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. TUG started 24 years ago this month in 1993 as a group of owners on prodigy! Check out our happy birthday post here: Happy Birthday TUG!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The TUG forums have been upgraded this evening to now utilize https as a more secure way to connect and browse the site (Especially for those logged in). please let us know if you experience any issues or errors while on the site so we can correct them! it is our hope that this is a completely seamless change/upgrade! Forum upgrade thread
    Dismiss Notice

Movie Pass

Discussion in 'TUG Lounge' started by cp73, Sep 15, 2017.

1. DeniseM

DeniseM Moderator

I tried to use my pass for the first time yesterday. Unfortunately, I could not get a connection to the internet at the theater, so I couldn't use the App. I ran out of time trying and just paid for it. Next time I will allow more time and figure out where I need to be to get connected.

2. cp73

cp73 TUG Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

I don't know this for a fact but I don't think the 100 yards is really necessary. I thought I read somewhere that once you select your movie you have 30 minutes to use the card. So I believe when you select the movie you are activating the card so it will work. They tell you a 100 yards because they don't want you selecting the moving from home and then missing the 30 minute window due to long lines or distance. That is my speculation on why the 100 yards.

3. laura123

laura123 TUG Member

Thank you so much for the post.I got my card in October but could not register my card. I joined and had to email them to get registered but they did not charge me for Oct. I have seen two movies and card was paid for on 1st movie.

4. Hoc

Hoc TUG Lifetime Member

I have no idea why it didn't work, but after two weeks, I finally got a response from Customer Service. They said that they will be reimbursing me for my purchased tickets. And then, for whatever reason, it started working again Friday night. So, we've seen three movies since then. This morning, however, I went to the Irvine Spectrum Theater, checked in for a 10 am movie, and she refused to sell me the ticket for the movie with the moviepass card. She said it was a "VIP" theater, and they were not allowed to sell those showings to moviepass customers. It was not 3D or Imax, and I told her that Moviepass had let me check in, and she said that "I know it lets you check in, but we're not allowed to sell those to moviepass customers." So, we had to buy the ticket for the 10:40 am showing, but then we went into the 10 am showing, anyway. Have had some really stupid, stubborn ticket agents at Irvine Spectrum. About a month ago, one would not scan my Regal card for my wife's ticket. She said, "we're only allowed to scan your card once per day." Which is total BS, since everyone since then has scanned it for both tickets.

5. puppymommo

puppymommo TUG Member

I have used my movie pass about 7 times. For me it only works pretty close. It will not let me check in from home, I have tried it. If I park farther away from the door, I cannot check in. If I park close to the box office door, I can check in from my car.

6. ace2000

ace2000 TUG Member

I'm sure all current members probably got the same email I got. But here's the new offer... pay a year in advance for just $6.95/month. Tempting, but will they be around that long? We can only hope. :)

https://www.moviepass.com/register/

LisaH likes this.
  7. cp73

I upgrade my passes today!....Yes hopefully they will be around for a year. I figure this was to raise money to help get them to the public offering planned for 2018. They received 100M in financing last week.

8. LisaH

LisaH TUG Lifetime Member

My thoughts exactly. However, if they are going public in 2018, I guess at least the next 12 months should be OK :)
    BTW, I successfully selected and confirmed the movie at least 0.3 mile away from the theater tonight.

9. cp73

I went to the movies last week. I checked in on the app, however when I went to the box office it was sold out. I picked another movie to see and the movie pass worked without making any adjustment with the app. That tells me that the app selection is to activate the card and provide them with some data. I think once you activate the card you could go to any movie in the theater. I still saw my original movie I wanted to see which was sold out. I found some empty seats in the theater.

10. ace2000

ace2000 TUG Member

You select a movie on the app and that triggers the company to put the price of the movie on the Movie Pass card. The theater only wants to get paid. There is no way that the theater knows what movie you have selected on the app, the fact that you've already seen the movie, or even the time of the movie you're supposed to go. You're free to spend that money at the theater for any movie you choose and any time you choose. As long as the theater gets paid, they're happy.

11. tompalm

tompalm TUG Member

I tried to upgrade but couldn’t find a link or a place in the ap to do that. I emailed customer service, but no reply. I also looked online in safari, but no joy. Where is the spot to go for an upgrade?

12. dioxide45

dioxide45 TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Marriott's Grande Vista
    Marriott's Harbour Lake
    SVV - Bella
    SVV - Key West
    Tivo and Ooma have made similar offers in the past. TiVo even offered lifetime subscriptions. I think even XM radio has done this. A way to raise cash to keep the money flowing. It is a gamble.

13. puppymommo

puppymommo TUG Member

Used my movie pass last night. I got there late, but I knew from a friend who was in the theater that they were still in previews. However, since the starting time was past, it wouldn't like me select the time I wanted. So I selected a later time for the same movie. The ticket taker only briefly glanced at my ticket and didn't notice the time. It probably wouldn't have mattered, there were only a few people in the theater.

14. donnaval

donnaval TUG Member

Thanks to the OP for posting. I've been to 5 movies since I got the card...what a great deal! I am traveling alone this week and the weather hasn't been the greatest, so it has been really nice to have the card.