• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

MR Points stay - bonus points for declining "tidy service"

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Came across this on the pre-arrival email from Grand Vista. MR points reservation. Heck, I'll take it....I'm already use to doing my own towels and taking out the trash there.

Housekeeping Services
A daily tidy service is provided during your stay. This limited service includes replacing used bathroom towels, emptying wastebaskets, making beds with existing linens and a refresh of certain amenities. If you require additional housekeeping services during your stay, please speak with the Front Desk associate upon arrival.

Are you staying 2 or more nights?
You can earn 500 Marriott Rewards bonus points each night you choose to decline your daily tidy service.

I want to receive Marriott Rewards points in lieu of my Daily Tidy.

Note: This offer applies for stays that are a minimum of 2 nights, but not more than 30 nights. Tidy service can only be declined up to 3 nights in a row.

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
Yes, Coronado Marriott offered this also on a recent stay.

mjm1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Resorts and Destination Club Points;
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
I recall that Starwood hotels have done this in the past. Perhaps Marriott is starting to do it as they pick some of the best practices of both. Will be interested to see if this starts showing up at other Resorts and hotels.

Best regards.

Mike

jd2601

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Marriott has done this at there hotels for a while. I do not believe all locations offer this but seems to be more continually. I am currently at the Marriott Houston and declined housekeeping for the points. I have seen this in the last few weeks in KC and St. Louis also. If you do not want someone in your room anyways a nice perk.

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
I've been taking advantage of this when using cash/MR Points at most Marriott properties, including the timeshares, for the last few years. It's not a new program but it may be that the individual properties can bring them online at their discretion.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I asked while checking in at Ko'Olina if they has such an offer for turning down the midweek tidy. No dice. Would have been nice as we have kept th DND on the door the whole stay.

mjm1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
I just checked here at KBC and only the hotel side of the resort provides a 500 MRP bonus for declining the tidy service. Nothing for the timeshare side.

Best regards.

Mike

bizaro86

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Are all MVC timeshares still providing a midweek tidy? We asked at Shadow Ridge Villages recently, and were told they don't do that anymore.

I will be marking them down on the interval survey, because even my RCI no distinction independent provides that service, but I'm curious to know whether that is chain wide (and I'll avoid Marriott) or just a Palm Desert thing.

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
Are all MVC timeshares still providing a midweek tidy? We asked at Shadow Ridge Villages recently, and were told they don't do that anymore.

I will be marking them down on the interval survey, because even my RCI no distinction independent provides that service, but I'm curious to know whether that is chain wide (and I'll avoid Marriott) or just a Palm Desert thing.
Most don't and may never have. Shadow Ridge hasn't for at least the last decade, not sure if they ever did. If this is your expectation, you should definitely avoid Marriott. I don't have that expectation because, other than Hawaii, I've never had a mid-week tidy at a Marriott timeshare. For all Marriott has to offer over lower level TSs, I have no issue that they don't come in and vacuum for you one out of 7 days.

mjm1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Most don't and may never have. Shadow Ridge hasn't for at least the last decade, not sure if they ever did. If this is your expectation, you should definitely avoid Marriott. I don't have that expectation because, other than Hawaii, I've never had a mid-week tidy at a Marriott timeshare. For all Marriott has to offer over lower level TSs, I have no issue that they don't come in and vacuum for you one out of 7 days.

That has never been a priority for us either. We declined it here at KBC this week, but the maid asked if we needed anything (towels, shampoo, coffee, etc.), which we appreciated. As I recall, every resort we have ever stayed at has been very accommodating if we asked for anything during our stay. Much appreciated.

Best regards.

Mike

turkel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Grand Chateau
If a tidy service is required for you to enjoy your vacation you should definitely avoid trading into Marriott. We each have our needs and you should have those needs met

bizaro86

TUG Member
Reaction score

Interesting. Vistana properties (Sheraton/westin) all include this, as does the former Club Intrawest, and I'm pretty sure Hilton and Hyatt do as well. I had always figured Marriott was in the same service bracket as these and so would have it, but I suppose I should remember what they say about assuming.

We had never tried marriott before, all my TS experience is other hotel branded chains and my one favorite independent. Shadow Ridge was very nice, but I thought the service was uneven over all (couldn't check in until well after check in time, often couldn't get through to anyone on the phone, etc). I did think the physical property was good, high quality appliances, etc.

Last edited:

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
I think the Hawaii - and maybe Caribbean, Asian and European? - timeshares are the only Marriotts that include tidy service during owner and exchange stays, but you can schedule it anytime for a fee.

It's included with cash and MR Points stays and that's when they might offer the "in lieu of" MR bonus.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I think the Hawaii - and maybe Caribbean, Asian and European? - timeshares are the only Marriotts that include tidy service during owner and exchange stays, but you can schedule it anytime for a fee.

It's included with cash and MR Points stays and that's when they might offer the "in lieu of" MR bonus.
Correct. I am sure that Asia and Europe include a daily tidy where in the Caribbean and Hawaii it is only mid week. No domestic mainland USA properties offer any kind of tidy that is free. All are schedule-able for a fee. You can usually schedule these ahead of time with the prearrival email.

aandmrun

TUG Member
Reaction score
Marriott Desert Springs 1 offers a mid-week clean-up for a fee. If I invite guests over in our 2-bedroom, I use this service because it's nice to have them bring in the clean towels and clean the unit. If it is just our family, then I do the towels myself in the washer. The units have a washer and dryer. I think it is nice for them to offer the service and not make it mandatory.

bazzap

TUG Member
Reaction score
Correct. I am sure that Asia and Europe include a daily tidy where in the Caribbean and Hawaii it is only mid week. No domestic mainland USA properties offer any kind of tidy that is free. All are schedule-able for a fee. You can usually schedule these ahead of time with the prearrival email.
For Asia, it is certainly a daily housekeeping service.
For Europe, they do visit daily but really this service is just comparable to what you might expect in a hotel room. They do provide a fuller service midweek.

mdurette

TUG Member
Reaction score
You can earn 500 Marriott Rewards bonus points each night you choose to decline your daily tidy service.

Note: This offer applies for stays that are a minimum of 2 nights, but not more than 30 nights. Tidy service can only be declined up to 3 nights in a row.[/QUOTE]

Update, my stay posted to my MR account. I received 2,500 bonus points which I assume is for declining the service. Our stay was for 7 nights and we never had service. Got it for 5 nights, which would incorporate the rule of can't decline for more than 3 nights.

kds4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Weeks and DC Points
Came across this on the pre-arrival email from Grand Vista. MR points reservation. Heck, I'll take it....I'm already use to doing my own towels and taking out the trash there.

Housekeeping Services
A daily tidy service is provided during your stay. This limited service includes replacing used bathroom towels, emptying wastebaskets, making beds with existing linens and a refresh of certain amenities. If you require additional housekeeping services during your stay, please speak with the Front Desk associate upon arrival.

Note: This offer applies for stays that are a minimum of 2 nights, but not more than 30 nights. Tidy service can only be declined up to 3 nights in a row.

I have received this offer a few times on the Marriott Hotels side. However, I have learned they are inconsistent. Some properties required you to decline before arrival on property. Others require you to decline at check-in. Others have let you decline at check-out (if you ended up using the DND sign on your door and never received service. They can verify with housekeeping if your room was serviced). If this is important to you, I suggest confirming the exact terms of how the resort manages this offer. At my last hotel stay where this was available, the hotel denied it to me as I did not decline housekeeping service in the time/manner that property required. YMMV.

mdurette

TUG Member
Reaction score
For this Grand Vista stay it was a box to check on the pre arrival email.

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Ocean (Enrolled)
MVC Trust Points
I have received this offer a few times on the Marriott Hotels side. However, I have learned they are inconsistent. Some properties required you to decline before arrival on property. Others require you to decline at check-in. Others have let you decline at check-out (if you ended up using the DND sign on your door and never received service. They can verify with housekeeping if your room was serviced). If this is important to you, I suggest confirming the exact terms of how the resort manages this offer. At my last hotel stay where this was available, the hotel denied it to me as I did not decline housekeeping service in the time/manner that property required. YMMV.
For my last few hotel stays, this was an option available to be selected during mobile check in which made it real easy. No mobile check ins at MVC's though.