• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

MVC Destinations Escapes/Last Minute ... New DC Offering [Merged]

kds4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Weeks and DC Points
One question I have is how this new program impacts the discount benefit that Executive, Presidential and Chairman level members have. Executive gets a 25% discount at 30 days, and Presidential and Chairman get 30% off at 60 days before check in.

It's an either/or situation. I posted the answer to this question from the Destination Escape FAQs earlier in Post #4 above. You can choose whichever is more advantageous to you.

Of course, the higher level members have access to all resorts and all available inventory. This new program is available at select resort. It isn't clear to me if all inventory at those resorts is available or only a limited amount.

The new program applies only to selected inventory at the resorts on the Destination Escapes list, much the same as the II flex-change grid. It is fluid.

Last edited:

SMB1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grande Vista, Lakeshore Reserve, OceanWatch(2), Marriott Destination Points, Club Wyndham Points (Ocean Boulevard)
Does anyone know what happened to Puck?

I've been wondering the same thing. For the past 18 months Ive been taking classes and had checked in here very seldom. It's only been the past few weeks I've had time again to read the site regularly. I've also noticed the list at the bottom of the page of who is currently logged in and reading the forum is no longer visible.

mjm1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Resorts and Destination Club Points;
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
One question I have is how this new program impacts the discount benefit that Executive, Presidential and Chairman level members have. Executive gets a 25% discount at 30 days, and Presidential and Chairman get 30% off at 60 days before check in.

It's an either/or situation. I posted the answer to this question from the Destination Escape FAQs earlier in Post #4 above. You can choose whichever is more advantageous to you.

Of course, the higher level members have access to all resorts and all available inventory. This new program is available at select resort. It isn't clear to me if all inventory at those resorts is available or only a limited amount.

The new program applies only to selected inventory at the resorts on the Destination Escapes list, much the same as the II flex-change grid. It is fluid.

I understand your comments to my original question. However, if one is at the Presidential or Chairman level shouldn't they continue to get first crack at all of the available inventory before anyone who is at a lower level? Even just a few days before opening the select resorts up to everyone?

Best regards.

Mike

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I understand your comments to my original question. However, if one is at the Presidential or Chairman level shouldn't they continue to get first crack at all of the available inventory before anyone who is at a lower level? Even just a few days before opening the select resorts up to everyone?

Best regards.

Mike
It seems that Marriott is ending up with excess inventory, thus the need for the new Escapes program. Chairman's and Presidential owners apparently aren't using it all, even given their current discounts. Since Escapes is limited and even limited at individual resorts, I don't think there is a need for them to make it open sooner for higher level owners. The ones that may be hurt more is Presidential since they can't use their discount until 30 days out.

kds4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Best regards.

Mike

That's a good question.

Xpat

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott DSV II, Newport Coast, Canyon Villas, Grand Chateau, Phuket, Marbella, Playa Andaluza / HGVC Craigendarroch / Worldmark / Wyndham
It seems that Marriott is ending up with excess inventory, thus the need for the new Escapes program. Chairman's and Presidential owners apparently aren't using it all, even given their current discounts. Since Escapes is limited and even limited at individual resorts, I don't think there is a need for them to make it open sooner for higher level owners. The ones that may be hurt more is Presidential since they can't use their discount until 30 days out.

I think you meant Executive owners - their discount window is indeed 30 days

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I think you meant Executive owners - their discount window is indeed 30 days
You are right, I am none of these and I didn't check out the benefits chart to confirm which level gets the discount at day 30.

tmoscola

TUG Member
Reaction score
I like the option. We are within driving distance of several properties so maybe we can score some deals on last minute weekend getaways.

m61376

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club 2 & 3BRs
Is there a link on the website to updated offerings?

kds4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I just booked a 6 day/5 night 1br at Aruba Surf Club less than 60 days out (using executive status) for 825 points.
How were airfares that close in?

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score
My problem is when I compare the escapes costs (based on MF per point) to II costs for the same resort, II getaway was cheaper. I only checked 2, I suspect they are not always in sync, perhaps something is available in escape that is not in II for example. Just something to consider.

NYFLTRAVELER

TUG Member
Reaction score
“How were airfares that close in?”

Not inexpensive (probably close to double what it would be with an advance reservation) but we used airline points to cover the trip.

PamMo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
[Threads merged.]

This came in an email today, and it looks like something we could use. It's only good for select resorts in the 60-day window, so it will be interesting to see what they will have available...

Enjoy Last-Minute Vacations for Fewer Vacation Club Points

Introducing Marriott Vacation Club Destinations® Escapes, a new program under the Marriott Vacation Club Destinations Exchange Program, with a new way for Points and Enrolled Owners to maximize their Vacation Club Points.*

Marriott Vacation Club Destinations Escapes enhances your ownership by allowing you to book available stays within 60 days prior to check-in at select Marriott Vacation Club® properties for a reduced number of Vacation Club Points. Plus, it's perfect when you have the flexibility to take a last-minute vacation. Now you have another reason to return to a favorite property or explore a new destination.

All Marriott Vacation Club Destinations Escapes stays require the same number of Vacation Club Points — based on number of nights and villa size — for every available destination or day of arrival. Choose from a limited number of 3-, 4- and 7-night stays.

Here is the table:

Marriott Vacation Club Destinations Escapes Vacation Club Points Chart
Ownership Vacation Club Points Per Stay
3 Night 4 Night 7 Night
Guest Room 180 240 420
1 Bedroom 360 480 840
2 Bedroom 540 720 1,260
3 Bedroom 720 960 1,680
Inventory will be limited and vary by resort, villa type and check-in date. Only select inventory will be available for reservation through Marriott Vacation Club Destinations Escapes - not all unreserved inventory will be part of the program.

Last edited by a moderator:

urfriend

Reaction score
Yes, I had the same experience.

Thoughts?

Best regards.

Mike
Every single owner, regardless of there level has access to all resorts and all available inventory. It doesn't matter your ownership level you have, all owners have the same access to the inventory. These escapes were created for the excess of "DP Inventory" at resorts. You can't combine discounts, it is going to be cheaper with 60 days it is a set amount of points. You have to attend a 90-minutes presentation, if you don't go to the presentation you are charged a dollar amount. You have 24-hours to cancel without any penalty. If you cancel after 24 hours you lose your DP. The email that was sent out explains all of this.

bazzap

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I do not believe what urfriend said about needing to sit through the presentation is true.
There was certainly no reference in the Chairman’s Club Insider Newsletter article to any requirement to sit through a presentation.

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
I think urfriend is saying that some of this inventory is being used as sales incentives, that DC Points requirements for what are essentially Escapes packages are waived if you sit through a sales presentation? If not then I can't figure out what urfriend is saying.

Regardless, MVW didn't introduce this as a sales presentation incentive. All DC Members are eligible to book available Escapes packages within a 60-day Reservation Window at the stated reduced DC Points cost, with no sales presentation necessary.

kds4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I do not believe what urfriend said about needing to sit through the presentation is true.

I have reviewed all of the available FAQs for this new offering on the MVCI website and find no reference to there being a required appointment of any kind with any MVCI representative as a condition of using DC points this way. Perhaps someone who has actually made one of these reservations can confirm whether they received any additional terms/conditions/requirements at the time of booking. Otherwise, I would say the poster was mistaken.

From MVCI's FAQ section describing this new redemption option - "It is a new value-added benefit of membership."

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Ocean (Enrolled)
MVC Trust Points
Also urfriend's comment about cancelling is untrue.
You have 24-hours to cancel without any penalty. If you cancel after 24 hours you lose your DP.
From the FAQ's.....
Can Marriott Vacation Club Destinations Escapes reservations be cancelled?
Yes. However, Vacation Club Points will be placed in a "holding account." Vacation Club Points in a "holding account" can only be used to confirm reservations within 60 days of arrival date.

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Ocean (Enrolled)
MVC Trust Points
While I'm a member of the DC I don't own any points. Can I rent them and have the owner book the days for me?
You could rent them and either have them transferred to your DC account and you can make the ressie....or you could have the owner of the points you are renting make the ressie for you. Either would work.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
While I'm a member of the DC I don't own any points. Can I rent them and have the owner book the days for me?
Or you can convert your week to points and use them.