• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

My resort wants to switch my ownership-or is this a scam?

Luvstotravel

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just went to Mountainside’s webpage. They have lots of weeks for sale. I noticed they list the number of steps it takes to get into each unit. Is yours one that has 77 steps?
This would not be a good place for us to visit, unless we got one of the units with 2-4 steps.
I hope you get the unit that you want in February.
Silentg

I honestly don’t remember how many steps, because we get upgraded each time we stay, to a different unit! Lol.

Yes, stairs are a concern but never for us so I didn’t think of that being an issue. I should consider that.

krj9999

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you plan to use more than trade, OK to change to February. But if primarily for trading, you'd probably be better off sticking with week 51 (given TPUs I see in RCI).

Luvstotravel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ok! Sorry it took so long to report back! The woman who we spoke to went on vacation, and just got back today.

We discussed getting a different week in mid-February, which would be a one-bedroom unit, or a week in October...but we could get a 2-bedroom one, the same week 51. It would be an extra $16/year in maintenance fees. We’ve stayed in a 2-bedroom then before and they should get us lots more points.

That’s what we’re going to do. We need to wait till we get the papers and obviously read them over carefully.

Mosescan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC - Vegas Blvd, Craigendarroch lodges x 2
Ok! Sorry it took so long to report back! The woman who we spoke to went on vacation, and just got back today.

We discussed getting a different week in mid-February, which would be a one-bedroom unit, or a week in October...but we could get a 2-bedroom one, the same week 51. It would be an extra $16/year in maintenance fees. We’ve stayed in a 2-bedroom then before and they should get us lots more points.

That’s what we’re going to do. We need to wait till we get the papers and obviously read them over carefully.
Glad to see it’s working out for you.

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
So which week did you choose?

Luvstotravel

TUG Member
Reaction score
...we could get a 2-bedroom one, the same week 51. It would be an extra $16/year in maintenance fees. We’ve stayed in a 2-bedroom then before and they should get us lots more points.

So which week did you choose?

The same week, a 2-bedroom unit.

Luvstotravel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Bumping to tell everyone who is interested that the transaction went through smoothly. We now own week 51-the same week we owned before-but now we own a 2-bedroom unit, instead of a studio. Nice bump in points from RCI, if we decide to exchange. Incidentally, the person handling this at the resort said that they're turning the studios into AirBNBs, which is why they wanted to take them back.

HudsHut

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm so happy that you received a great offer and it worked out. Enjoy!

missyrcrews

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Cold Spring Resort, Acadia Village Resort, Samoset Resort
Congratulations! What a nice surprise! I know you'll enjoy this either way you use it....exchange or stay there for the week.