• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

My Retirement Checklist

Campbell Vaughn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana St Augustine
DW elected to go with Traditional Medicare for Parts A+B, and...
Medigap Plan F (Florida BC/BS) + Medicare Part D (Humana-Walmart).
She now has all three ID cards.

HR says that my last paycheck (4/28) pays for coverage thru May.
And if I want state retiree health insurance (which I intend to take)...
That I should sign up for it on my last work day (2 weeks hence).

Except for that, and surrender of my office laptop, I'm good to go.
I hope I remember to wipe all my personal files and e-mails.

If you are under 65 that is absolutely correct. If you are turning 65 then there is more to done.

You and your wife be on the lookout for the Mutual of Omaha release, which is coming up in FLA. Rates are beyond awesome and they will give a married discount.

John Cummings

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
... a per day charge for hospitalization ($395 for days 1-4), will have co-pays and co-insurance up to the MOOP, and may have drug and hospital deductibles.

I have a MA plan and I don't pay anything for hospitalization. I have been in the hospital 3 times in the last 2 years ( 5 days each time ) and it didn't cost me a dime. I also do not have any co-pays nor deductibles. I have Health Net Gold Select plan. I also do not pay any premiums except for the standard $112.00 for Medicare Part B. What is available depends on where you live. Southern California is very good for MA plans.

Campbell Vaughn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana St Augustine
I have a MA plan and I don't pay anything for hospitalization. I have been in the hospital 3 times in the last 2 years ( 5 days each time ) and it didn't cost me a dime. I also do not have any co-pays nor deductibles. I have Health Net Gold Select plan. I also do not pay any premiums except for the standard $112.00 for Medicare Part B. What is available depends on where you live. Southern California is very good for MA plans.
California, South Florida, New York have strong MA networks with benefit rich plans... yes those options are available depending on where you live.

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
If you are under 65 that is absolutely correct. If you are turning 65 then there is more to done.

I won't be Medicare-eligible for three years... :bawl:
The state retiree plan is the employee's plan, but much less subsidized.
Instead of paying $30/mo, I'll be paying $550/mo (w- a $150 subsidy).

Campbell Vaughn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana St Augustine
My wife is a teacher, I help nearly all the teachers in our hometown even though I get pd zero for that, they end up referring non-SHBP friends to me.

There is always a retiring worker or a spouse where one is Medicare eligible and one is not. Between the BOE, SHBP, BCBS, and UHC... something always goes sideways.

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
I spent the evening reviewing retiree benefit options & procedures. I have to deal with 2 different agencies -- the Division of Group Insurance (for my coverage) and the Division of Retirement (for my subsidy). The instruction packet is 7 pages long, plus 4 pages of forms. This is like work.

Last edited:

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
@Campbell Vaughn - thanks for the MediCare info for MIL. I will need to investigate further. Compared to our insurance - and living in SF area - $3600 seems like a bargain.

Campbell Vaughn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana St Augustine
@Campbell Vaughn - thanks for the MediCare info for MIL. I will need to investigate further. Compared to our insurance - and living in SF area - $3600 seems like a bargain.
No problem. All you guys are helping me understand this TS thing... if you have any question about Medicare just shoot me a message, will be glad to answer or find out