• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Mysterious Wolf-Like Animal Shot in Montana, Officials Stumped

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)
Mysterious Wolf-Like Animal Shot in Montana, Officials Stumped
From Deutsche Welle/ News/ Top Stories/ DW/ dw.com

"US wildlife officials are baffled by an unusual wolf-like creature shot by a rancher in Montana. After failing to identify the body, the authorities sent it for DNA testing, fueling speculation about the animal's origin.

The US state of Montana is well-known for its wilderness and wildlife, but even its animal experts are unable to determine the species of the canine recently killed near the central town of Denton.

A rancher spotted what he believed to be a wolf near his livestock and shot it on May 16. He then called game wardens to pick up the carcass.

However, once Montana Fish, Wildlife and Parks employees arrived to the scene, they noted the female animal had several important differences compared to a wolf. Notably, it had claws that were too long, canine teeth that were too short, unusual fur, large ears and short legs, alongside other more subtle distinctions.

"We have no idea what this is until we get a DNA report back," spokesman Bruce Auchly, told the local Great Falls Tribune newspaper on Thursday. "The whole animal was sent to our lab in Bozeman. That's the last I heard of it."
43936074_401.jpg

The nails on the animal's paw are too long for a wolf

Richard

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Chupacabra. ;)

Dave

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
Couldn’t be a chupacabra; no spines in the picture. :ponder:

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent

Pens_Fan

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Werewolf.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Likely some kind of hybrid / a coy-dog - wolf version ?

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Likely some kind of hybrid / a coy-dog - wolf version ?

That was my serious guess. But why would they post just a picture of the paw, and not one of the head? I think they're trying to manufacture some mystery here.

Dave

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
That was my serious guess. But why would they post just a picture of the paw, and not one of the head? I think they're trying to manufacture some mystery here.

Dave
The head shot is out there. I don't remember (like so many things) where I saw it, but Google is your friend. Living proof that the repository of ALL knowledge is not TUG.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
The head shot is out there. I don't remember (like so many things) where I saw it, but Google is your friend. Living proof that the repository of ALL knowledge is not TUG.

NOOOO!! Say it isn't so! ;)

Ok, I'll go look. But I still think an article that talks about how a mysterious creature is stumping scientists would have included more than just one picture of a foot. ;)

Dave