• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Mystic Dunes vs Marriot Harbour Lake

htusa2002

Reaction score
Hi

We have a week we need to check in on a certain date for and II is convincing me the 3 bedroom at Mystic dunes with my family of 5 three kids and me and hubby will be a nice place. We have always chosen Harboir Lake and a little Leary if other places. However since I need a certain check in date I might need to take this place

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance for any help

moonstone

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Beach Club at St. Augustine Beach, FL (1 floating week, purchased in 1982)

77,000 RCI points (Sunrise Ridge Resort, TN)
We have not stayed at either resort but you might want to think about the location of each one. The Harbour Lake, if I remember correctly, is up in Orlando (near Sea World?) and Mystic Dunes is S/W of Kissimmee, south of US192, closer to Disney. So depending on your weeks activities and also the facilities at both, Mystic Dunes might suit your vacation better. Having the extra space for the kids is always good as well!

~Diane

DRIless

Reaction score
Hi
We have a week we need to check in on a certain date for and II is convincing me the 3 bedroom at Mystic dunes with my family of 5 three kids and me and hubby will be a nice place. We have always chosen Harboir Lake and a little Leary if other places. However since I need a certain check in date I might need to take this place Any thoughts? Thanks in advance for any help
I've not personally stayed at Mystic Dunes but everyone I know who has been there thoroughly enjoyed it.

topmom101

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harbour Lake, Divi Phoenix, Coconut Palm II
I am at Mystic Dunes now and we are loving the resort. Very spacious and beautiful renovated rooms, on par with any Marriott I have ever stayed at in terms of furnishings and quality.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
You also want to check to see if Mystic Falls has a daily resort fee. I thought it did. That might make a difference to you.

DRIless

Reaction score
You also want to check to see if Mystic Falls has a daily resort fee. I thought it did. That might make a difference to you.
If you're referring to Mystic Dunes, many Diamond Resorts are now charging a fee to exchangers and renters, but not to points owners or their guests.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
If you're referring to Mystic Dunes, many Diamond Resorts are now charging a fee to exchangers and renters, but not to points owners or their guests.
Sorry, I did mean Mystic Dunes. Since the OP was deciding between a II exchange for Mystic Dunes or Harbor Lake the fee would apply. When you book online you can usually see the fees but I wanted to make sure that she was aware of the fees in case they don't disclose them on the phone. I think at that resort it might be $15 or $20 per day. An extra $105 to exchange into your second choice resort might tip the scale in deciding to wait for an exchange into the first choice.

sfwilshire

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tristram's Landing, Tree Tops Gatlinburg, Mystic Dunes, Sheraton Vistana Spas & Fountains
We are long-time owners at Mystic Dunes and like it. I have never stayed at Harbour Lake, so can't compare the resorts for you. If you are spending a lot of time at Disney, it's in a great location. You can be an Animal Kingdom in 10 minutes. All of the other parks are an easy drive as well.

They just built a new Walmart nearby, so groceries are easy. Lots of restaurants an easy drive away. The units are spacious and well kept. The beds are crazy comfortable. They have a lot of activities, but we didn't have time for any of them on our last visit. Our 3br lock-off sleeps 12, but we also exchanged into a 2br for a second week which comfortably slept 8. The kitchen was well equipped and they brought over anything you called and ask for.

If Mystic Dunes has a better date match for you, I'd go for it for a change, especially if you're visiting Disney.

Sheila

DanZale2000

TUG Member
Reaction score

Yes there a daily fee at Mystic Dunes (and at all DRI resorts): "Hotel Guests and Exchange Reservation: A photo identification, credit card for $100 security deposit and a nightly $15.00 plus tax resort fee will be required (cash is not an acceptable form of deposit)." This resort fee varies at the different resorts, but is never $0.

DRIless

Reaction score
Yes there a daily fee at Mystic Dunes (and at all DRI resorts): "Hotel Guests and Exchange Reservation: A photo identification, credit card for $100 security deposit and a nightly $15.00 plus tax resort fee will be required (cash is not an acceptable form of deposit)." This resort fee varies at the different resorts, but is never $0.
Many Diamond Resorts are now charging a fee to exchangers and the general public when you rent from their OTA, booking.com, but no charge to THE CLUB members/points owners or their guests. So, when you say it is never $0, you are wrong.

sfwilshire

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tristram's Landing, Tree Tops Gatlinburg, Mystic Dunes, Sheraton Vistana Spas & Fountains
I used my own week there and an adjacent exchange week. No resort fee for either week, but don't know if being an owner made the difference.

Sheila

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Many Diamond Resorts are now charging a fee to exchangers and the general public when you rent from their OTA, booking.com, but no charge to THE CLUB members/points owners or their guests. So, when you say it is never $0, you are wrong.
You need to consider the context, they were referring to "Hotel Guests and Exchange Reservation". In that context, they are correct.

Rhiannon35

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hmmmm....I'm thinking of booking a stay at MD through Trading Places Hot Deals. I wonder if I'd be charged a resort fee?

DRIless

Reaction score
Hmmmm....I'm thinking of booking a stay at MD through Trading Places Hot Deals. I wonder if I'd be charged a resort fee?
My guess is yes, but it may slip through the cracks.