• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Nanea views

pharmgirl

Reaction score
We own at WKORV [oceanview] but weren't able to get the week we need so are trying to rent our 2 BR week and rent 2 BR week we need [Redweek]. Saw a week we need at Nanea but ad says varying views. How are the ocean views and are there dreaded parking lot views??
Also is there a full kitchen? 2 balconies?
sorry didn't search but my Firefox updated yesterday and I seem to have lost functions even on this site

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Nanea was sold with only 2 views - Oceanfront and Resort View. Most of the resort is Resort view. They did not sell any Island View or Ocean View villas - those categories are combined in the Resort View category. They have a full kitchen, with an oven, and 1 balcony. Nanea doesn't have any lock-offs - the 2 bedrooms cannot be split. On the map below, the brown roofs are the Oceanfront units - the rest of the resort is Resort View.

nanea_2bd_FP.png
nanea.map.png

secord

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WESTIN KVOR WESTIN LAGUNAMAR HGVC FLAMINGO
We are owners at WKORV. We booked a 2 bedroom getaway in June through Interval.
I was also concerned about getting a parking lot view, especially since we are not owners there and did not use star options.
I called the front Desk at Nanea a week before to confirm the Reservation and told them we were celebrating my birthday, were also owners in the original complex and that we would really appreciate a nice view.
Fortunately we ended up getting Building 1 top floor facing the park and close to the walkway.
Technically a resort view category but we had an amazing ocean view.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
If this is a rental from an Owner (who should list view-type - watchout} and a HomeResort reservation {as it should be...} - the risk of getting PLV is slim as they have priority over other reservation types. Ask to see the reservation confirmation.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Clarifications - The Nanea confirmations are a little different:

The 2 views at Nanea are Resort View and Oceanfront. But on Redweek, you have to choose the view from a drop down menu, and there is no option to choose "resort view." The closest choices are garden view or view varies. I think view varies is the most accurate, because with Resort view it really does vary - you could get ocean view, or parking garage view, or garden view, or pool view.

Nanea owners use home options even to make home resort reservations, so all Nanea reservations list the number of options used. The Nanea confirmations do not say "home resort reservation" - so they are set up a little different than home resort reservations at WKORV and WKORVN.

They also say, "Floating - assigned at check-in," as all Vistana reservations do, unless they are fixed units.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN and Lagunamar
It appears that there are parking lot views at Nanea on the backside of buildings 5 and 6. That'd be a deal breaker for me.

http://www.westinnanea.com/maps

We were there last month and luckily got a room on the S side of Building 2 overlooking the green space and WKORV-N but with great views out to the ocean from the balcony.

I did a walk around and must admit there are a high percentage of what I'd call 'disappointing' views at Nanea. As you say the backside of 5 and 6, there are also a lot of rooms on backside of 3 and even the N facing rooms on 8 are looking directly at the property next door that can't be more than 50' away.

According to the rep at our owners update the rooms are allocated from front to back based on reservation time stamp so try and find out how far ahead the booking was made. Ours was through using SO and only made 3 months in advance but at the time the inventory had only just been released. There were many people in building 3 left looking directly at the parking structure.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Clarifications - The Nanea confirmations are a little different:

The 2 views at Nanea are Resort View and Oceanfront. But on Redweek, you have to choose the view from a drop down menu, and there is no option to choose "resort view." The closest choices are garden view or view varies. I think view varies is the most accurate, because with Resort view it really does vary - you could get ocean view, or parking garage view, or garden view, or pool view.

Nanea owners use home options even to make home resort reservations, so all Nanea reservations list the number of options used. The Nanea confirmations do not say "home resort reservation" - so they are set up a little different than home resort reservations at WKORV and WKORVN.

They also say, "Floating - assigned at check-in," as all Vistana reservations do, unless they are fixed units.

It does (not) preclude adding view/location details to the listing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

melissy123

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know where the one bedrooms are located?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
It does[n't] preclude adding view/location details to the listing.

True - but with resort view, it's really had to get specific, because it's 90% of the resort.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Here is the map that was given to buyers - kind of hard to read:

nanea.resort.map.jpg

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN and Lagunamar

As shown on the map they generally used the 1BR to infill the corners of the buildings and none seemed to have great views.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Unit numbers? I haven't seen one.

klpca

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
I just left on Friday. I will look for mine when I get home from the office.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
True - but with resort view, it's really had to get specific, because it's 90% of the resort.

Thanks for the correction Teach. ;)
I see too many RW ads that are horribly under-described.
Still a better chance location-wise if this is from Nanea owner as a HomeResort reservation - I would insist on seeing reservation confirmation.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Yes - but it's best to under promise and over deliver on the view. So many renters assume that they WILL get the best view possible, and then feel cheated if they don't.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Yes - but it's best to under promise and over deliver on the view. So many renters assume that they WILL get the best view possible, and then feel cheated if they don't.

It is not about over-promising (or under-promising) - it is about stating the facts. E.g. View type, HomeResort reservation by Owner, made XX month in advance (if it helps sell), and that villa location is given at checkin that is based on timestamp, but no guarantee (if it helps to sell). Too many are just lazy - and often poorly described.

If not adequately described - then I would proceed with more caution. For example: Not a SO reservation being rented...

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Absolutely - I thought we were still talking about describing the Nanea Resort View.

Denise L

Tug Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Starwood/Vistana, Disney, Hyatt, HGVC
We were there last month using an II exchange, so low priority for views. I did call and ask for Building 4, high floor, with some view of the ocean, but I think that the front desk got confused because I had two villas using II, and so my friends got the exact view we asked for, while we got a villa next to the lobby on the first floor. The villa itself was fine, and the view was of people walking past my room to the lobby. Couldn't see the ocean from the first floor, but the pool area was in the distance. We couldn't keep my curtains open or the sliders open if we wanted any privacy. I asked for another villa, so had to move out the next day by 10 and check back in at 4. Ended up with Building 4 facing the plunge pools and lots of other lanais. I called it the wall and pillar view, but I was on the 5th floor so could open up the curtains without an issue. Happy to have switched, and just didn't spend any time in the villa looking out the windows or sitting on the lanai. There did seem to be plenty resort views that would never see the ocean or the pools, and plenty facing the parking structure.

klpca

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
We were there last month using an II exchange, so low priority for views. I did call and ask for Building 4, high floor, with some view of the ocean, but I think that the front desk got confused because I had two villas using II, and so my friends got the exact view we asked for, while we got a villa next to the lobby on the first floor. The villa itself was fine, and the view was of people walking past my room to the lobby. Couldn't see the ocean from the first floor, but the pool area was in the distance. We couldn't keep my curtains open or the sliders open if we wanted any privacy. I asked for another villa, so had to move out the next day by 10 and check back in at 4. Ended up with Building 4 facing the plunge pools and lots of other lanais. I called it the wall and pillar view, but I was on the 5th floor so could open up the curtains without an issue. Happy to have switched, and just didn't spend any time in the villa looking out the windows or sitting on the lanai. There did seem to be plenty resort views that would never see the ocean or the pools, and plenty facing the parking structure.
We just returned home last Friday. We were in building 4 on the fourth floor facing the koi ponds/lobby. No ocean view, but considering where we could have been placed, we were happy. I noticed that the ground floor units had large patios with chaise lounges, which was a nice plus for those units.

okwiater

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV 2B Plat+ (x2)
WSJ 3B Plat+ (VGV/BV)
WLR 2B Plat+ Oceanside
SMV 2B Plat+
Sheraton Flex (x2)
This is one of the most under valued and least recognized advantages of Elite status. Since achieving 5* our views even on SO reservations have been nothing short of superb. Might not be worth anything to some, but for us we like the extra assurance after traveling so far to be there.

darius

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is one of the most under valued and least recognized advantages of Elite status. Since achieving 5* our views even on SO reservations have been nothing short of superb. Might not be worth anything to some, but for us we like the extra assurance after traveling so far to be there.

I really appreciate you sharing your experience with 5*. Hopefully 4* will do something to help view.

Just a comment on Nanea views, we stayed in a 2 bedroom SO trade and had the view of an outhouse and WKORN-N. My wife was very unhappy with the unit, especially compared to the 3 bedroom oceanfront units at the property. After our stay, we were fortunate enough to locate a 3 bedroom EOY oceanfront Nanea resale. We've closed on that, and are doing a requal-tradein purchase that will put us at 4*.

We believe the 3 bedroom (and 2 bedroom) ocean front units at Nanea will be very special for many years to come - we considered buying on the original side but liked the overall feel of Nanea better personally and decided to go for it even though it's a voluntary resort.

View, in our opinion is absolutely critical to making the vacation special and am so glad that Vistana is giving better views to those with Elite status.

secord

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WESTIN KVOR WESTIN LAGUNAMAR HGVC FLAMINGO
I think it is an under valued benefit of elite status because getting betterviews is not in writing as an elite benefit.
We are 3 star elite and yearly exchange our Westin Luganamar for WKORN-N.
We have never been giving a bad view ...usually partial ocean view but sometimes Oceanfront( the not so great OF units)
Just curious if 4 star or five star always get fantastic views trading in with star options.