• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Need Help planning Orlando Disney vacation

dominidude

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello fellow Tuggers.
I'm planning an Orlando Disney vacation in March 2020.
Obviously, I need tickets to Disney and a resort booking.
5 of us are confirmed as going, but possibly that number could get to 12 or 15.
That's a lot of money on Disney tickets.
I was wondering if you could post some "owners updates" and "sales presentation" that you may be aware of with incentive including tickets to Disney.
I found a bargain deal at BookVIP at Springhill Suites Lake Buena Vista for $199 for three nights, but their offer only has 2 Disney tickets. We need at least 3 more tickets, and potentially lots more.
Your help is greatly appreciated.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs

tony_i

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, WM, Elara
Hello fellow Tuggers.
I'm planning an Orlando Disney vacation in March 2020.
Obviously, I need tickets to Disney and a resort booking.
5 of us are confirmed as going, but possibly that number could get to 12 or 15.
That's a lot of money on Disney tickets.
I was wondering if you could post some "owners updates" and "sales presentation" that you may be aware of with incentive including tickets to Disney.
I found a bargain deal at BookVIP at Springhill Suites Lake Buena Vista for $199 for three nights, but their offer only has 2 Disney tickets. We need at least 3 more tickets, and potentially lots more.
Your help is greatly appreciated.

I recently stayed at Worldmark Reunion Resort in Orlando. We have universal season pass, so we were not planning on going to Disney. However, for an update there, they offered us a great discount on Disney tickets, plus $100 discount on top of their discount. Since my brother came with me, he also went to a presentation there for an additional discount. The good thing is that they gave us the discounts prior to the presentation, as we told them that we would do the presentation on a rainy day or we would call a day before.

We ended up getting 3 day pass with park hopper and one free Disney water park for $245 per person. This was after the $100 discount for my presentation, and my brother got a $125 gift card instead since they allowed me to buy all 7 tickets and split the payment. This had a value of over $500 per person at the time as they logged into Disney for regular pricing to compare.

There was an even better offer. 4 day pass with park hopper, 2 water parks, 2 Disney mini golf, 1 round of golf at Disney for an additional $45PP. We did not do this as we had planned to play 2 days of golf at Reunion, and also visit universal for the 10 days we stayed.

The floor manager there is named Jose, and it is a great guy. He manages the agents that setups the updates and presentation appointments for Wyndham. He personally dealt with us as he introduced himself and took over the agent.

Reunion is a great resort too. The units are 3 bedrooms and they have several pools and a free water park for Worldmark/Wyndham guest. Golf was also great.

To finish up, since I am writing a lot, in April I stayed in Orange Lake and the offer was $240 for a 2 day at Disney but I can not remember if it had hopper.

Good luck!

AnnieBets

TUG Member
Reaction score
Disney also offers both Florida resident and military discount tickets if anyone in your group qualifies. You can find out about military tickets at Shades of Green website. You might want to have at least one person get an annual pass rather than ticket for the discounts, included parking at parks, and included photopass.

Big Matt

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I would shift gears and look at Universal. They have some great deals on five day passes right now that are a fraction of the Disney prices.

Drtiger

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview Las Vegas
One way to get discount at Disney is buying disney gift cards at Sams club or at Target with redcard discount ( will be about 5%) but this can puchase tickets and food at disney parks .Disney is always a expensive vacation ....

Janann

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC on the Boulevard, Las Vegas;
Disney's Saratoga Springs
One way to get discount at Disney is buying disney gift cards at Sams club or at Target with redcard discount ( will be about 5%)

Unfortunately Target got wise to this trick about a year ago. It is no longer available.

I currently have a free "online only" membership with BJs, and they are offering a 4% discount for Disney cards.

Janann

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC on the Boulevard, Las Vegas;
Disney's Saratoga Springs
I have bought tickets from this website the last couple Disney trips with no issues. They have a "5 days for the price of 4" option.

https://www.mapleleaftickets.com/

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
Unfortunately Target got wise to this trick about a year ago. It is no longer available.

I currently have a free "online only" membership with BJs, and they are offering a 4% discount for Disney cards.

The 5% red card discount still works. It's whenever they offered additional discounts/coupons on top of that, that I believe no longer applies to things like Disney gift cards.

TheHolleys87

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Boardwalk Villas, Kona Coast II
The 5% red card discount still works. It's whenever they offered additional discounts/coupons on top of that, that I believe no longer applies to things like Disney gift cards.

Correct. We have a Target Red Card which I use every month to buy Disney gift cards with the 5% discount, and then I use those to pay our DVC MFs for the month. Target simply closed the option to buy Target gift cards at a discount and then use those to buy Disney gift cards with an additional discount.

this2isme

TUG Member
Reaction score
There are Airbnb available in the area. If one member in the group can get a annual pass there are discounts available that the whole group can use.
The Annual Pass holder can get discounts on Disney rooms, meals and merchandise and parking. A Disney Visa can get discounts too.
Discounts on Disney rooms for the first of the year usually start The last half of September or first part of October.
The larger lower cost rooms are at Art of Animation although I've no experience in that size rooms.

On food. There are a few options. You can eat at the resorts for your breakfast and supper meals. You can "resort hop" for meals. If you have not already done so, create an account on https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/ It is great for meal planning and about any other planning too.
Menus and prices are available. To access resort dining drive up to the guard station with a drivers license out and just say we are here for dining. The have always welcomed us in. That includes the lowest price resort to the fanciest resort.

A couple of web sites that are good for planing:
https://www.disneylists.com/
http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/
https://www.mousesavers.com/

We live one hour door to door so we go at night or two often.