• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Need Orlando car rental this weekend but rates are high!

hajjah

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott's Shadow Ridge Enclaves
Resort In Cocoa Beach, FL
I just booked a unit in Orlando and all of the major car rentals are over $400 for one week. Can anyone suggest one of the non-major rentals that are at the airport? I don't want to shuttle off airport. I have a car booked at Alamo, but I would like to save some money since the airfare was high enough since it is last minute. I saw some good rates on EZ Rentals and Advantage, but the reviews are scary.

breezez

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark 39K
Wyndham 406K
RCI Points 196K
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Hyatt Coconut Plantation
Uber off airport to an in town rental place and price drops.

If just hanging in a general area Uber or Lyft, typical wait times are less than 3 minutes.

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Enter your booking at www.autoslash.com to see if they can find a cheaper rate.
Sometimes, the savings is minimal, but once in awhile they make it worthwhile.
I had 3 days in Phoenix at $135 (Alamo) and they found the same car for $115.

hajjah

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott's Shadow Ridge Enclaves
Resort In Cocoa Beach, FL
Thanks for the suggestions.

Big Matt

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I'd be hard pressed to think you will spend more than $150 on Uber for the whole weekend unless you are driving all over the place

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
We've used both EZ and Advantage. I think Ace rents out of Orlando and we've gotten good rates with them. In fact we in Vegas now and used Advantage for this trip. Over the years we've used all the major rental car companies and some of the small not well known ones too. I'm all about going with the lowest price. I second using Autoslash.

Check with your insurance company to make sure they cover when you rent a car. Make sure you have your insurance id card with you to prove you have insurance. Check with your credit card company to make sure they provide extra coverage and use whichever card gives the best coverage to pay for the rental. Don't pay for extra insurance with the rental car company as it will more than double your bill.

Be aware that Florida has a lot of toll roads. If you don't get a Sunpass sticker or transponder the rental car company will charge you for those tolls and some charge a daily fee for them. If you buy a sticker someone recently said in another thread that they put the sticker on a backpack they take with them. Make sure whatever you put it on is kept in a spot in the car that the sticker can register when you go through the readers. You can get the stickers at Publix grocery stores, CVS, Walgreens. I think they are still $5 and you get a $5 credit when you set up your Sunpass account online. You can find out more on their website.

Last edited: