• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Need to cancel, please help.

r1lee

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SVV
Hi all, so my mom broke her wrist. So one of our reservations on Dec 23rd will need to be cancelled. Can someone tell me what happens now? Or I can't cancel it?

This was using my staroptions.

Thanks

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Hyatt Beach House, Westin Kierland
Sorry to hear that. Hope she has a speedy recovery. I did a search on here so will copy and paste:

Cancellations requested 60 days or less prior to arrival will:

• Be restricted to requesting a new reservation within 60 days of the new requested arrival date
  • Not be eligible for StarOptions Banking or Starpoints conversion
The following cancellation fees will also apply:

• Cancelled within 60 – 8 days: $50
  • Cancelled 7 days or less: $75

tomvc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wouldn't Staroptions expire on Jan 5,2018, the last day of the 2017 use year?

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Sometimes your cancellation for MAJOR health issues will get more favorable disposition. Ask the first line contact first and then work your way up to a supervisor. This is not an optional 'rather stay home' change of plans. Plus it is the end of your use year?

Good luck with your travel plans ... hope your mom's wrist heals well.

PS With some planning, can your mother travel with her broken wrist. I took my 89yo aunt to NYC Wyndham's "Midtown 45" for 3 days 4 months after she broke her hip. I told her, YOU must use your walker on the city sidewalks. And we did take a couple of cabs. But we toured Radio City Music Hall and the Empire State building plus several mornings watch the Today Show production on the Plaza (I got pictures with her and Al Roker & Matt Lauder).

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
If you don't get a special exception from Vistana, the Staroptions will expire at the end of the year, and you will lose them.

Do you really need to cancel for a broken wrist? In 20 days your mom is going to feel a lot better. I would try to take the trip.

If you get a sympathetic ear at Vistana, a manager CAN give you a special exception and let you pay to roll the Staroptions over to 2018 for $99, but they may still be restricted to 60 day reservations.

The entry level people who answer the phones can't do it - you need to talk to Owner Resolution Services. You may have to insist - many Reps. don't want to forward the call.

r1lee

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SVV
Sorry I was a little dissapointed, but the options were borrowed from 2018, so basically I still have them for 2018. Problem is, I usually travel peak, so booking 60 days out is going to be tough.

As of right now, I convinced to her to still go.

Thanks for everyone who responded.