• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Need valuation of timeshare for divorce paperwork

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen: Soundings and Cibola Vista
Disney: Boardwalk
We have 30,000 biannual points on Bluegreen and are in the midst of a divorce. Both of us are on the paperwork.

Not sure yet what we will do with it in the divorce (hers, mine or sell) but what we need now is a valuation. I really would like it in writing. So far I have one person telling me it's worth $214 a point (which I don't believe) and $2000 for the whole thing (which I don't want to believe). No one is willing to give me an estimate in writing, which was easy to get for my Disney timeshare.

Any advice or suggestions on documenting valuation? I have looked at closed sales for the properties we own (Cibola Vista and Soundings) on TUG and eBay which give me a price of under $5000 for the whole of it.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
sadly...most bluegreen timeshares have literally zero value on the resale market.

one can pick up BG points just about anywhere for merely the cost of the transfer fee $450 from owners who want out.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
My suggestion is put it down as $0 value and whoever wants it can have it. If you both want it, give it to your spouse as it will keep things more cordial. If neither wants it, then suck it up and accept it and give it away on TUG. Divorces are painful and difficult enough. Anything to help to move along more smoothly, just do it. Good luck.

Slinger

TUG Member
Reaction score
I agree. If you both want it, give it to your spouse.

If you REALLY want more points later, you can likely get them for next to nothing.

Best of luck with your process. Been there. Done that. Sorry that you have to go through it.

breezez

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark 39K
Wyndham 406K
RCI Points 196K
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Hyatt Coconut Plantation
I would say zero.. But so it is not used as unfair distribution of wealth. I would recommend the following. Go to Terapeak.com sign up for the trial (7 days) and then go back and look at last year what it has sold for on eBay. This will give you a lot of history of fair market value. Make sure you copy this for your FMV basis your using. But if my spouse was willing to take it I would give it to them :), Just make sure you get it out of your name if you do.

There is also a website called Sharket.com that tracks resale values of timeshares.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
For Sale - 10,000 BG points / $ 500 - TUG Marketplace -(bargain basement section ) / posted Nov 2 2017

(not mine / posted to help OP find information )

added
TUG Bargain( Free) Deals - posted Nov2 2017
FREE- 12,000 BG Points - details listed in forum

Last edited:

DRIless

Reaction score
My suggestion is put it down as $0 value and whoever wants it can have it. If you both want it, give it to your spouse as it will keep things more cordial. If neither wants it, then suck it up and accept it and give it away on TUG. Divorces are painful and difficult enough. Anything to help to move along more smoothly, just do it. Good luck.
Good advice.

DRIless

Reaction score
Bluegreen points are sold by a Bluegreen authorized distributor.
http://pinnaclevacations.com
pvlogo.jpg

If you want a 'reasonably accurate' resale-retail valuation, I would compare there.
Not an ad.

We have 30,000 biannual points on Bluegreen and are in the midst of a divorce. Both of us are on the paperwork.

Not sure yet what we will do with it in the divorce (hers, mine or sell) but what we need now is a valuation. I really would like it in writing. So far I have one person telling me it's worth $214 a point (which I don't believe) and $2000 for the whole thing (which I don't want to believe). No one is willing to give me an estimate in writing, which was easy to get for my Disney timeshare.

Any advice or suggestions on documenting valuation? I have looked at closed sales for the properties we own (Cibola Vista and Soundings) on TUG and eBay which give me a price of under $5000 for the whole of it.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
pinnacle resales will be significantly higher (ie, not zero) because of the added benefits to selling thru them.

it does not however accurately define the value of your average BG resale.

DRIless

Reaction score

pinnacle resales will be significantly higher (ie, not zero) because of the added benefits to selling thru them.

it does not however accurately define the value of your average BG resale.
Despite what the zero value TUG mindset says ...
There is significant value for many owners in the Charter Certificate/Bluegreen's Traveler Plus Benefits that Pinnacle is able to transfer with their sales. The OP has already been told in numerous posts above that they should set the value at 0, and more quickly and easily move through the often difficult divorce process. That doesn't mean that the value of the timeshare through reputable resale sources should not also be presented without being bashed by the owner of the BBS.

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I am sure there is value for ice to an Eskimo in the Alaska also ... but when going thru a legal process (aka divorce) any MONIES gain by the party selling is very quickly negated by the lawyers on both sides doing their 'due diligence' to protect 'their client'. Agree .... by giving in/moving.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
of course there is...but you have to PAY for pinnacle to resell it for you and gain that valuation.

that doesnt equate to "its worth more" in terms of this discussion.