TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 24 years!

Join tens of thousands of other owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Note that the "About the rest of TUG" and "About TUGBBS" forums have been moved further down the list under the lounge area. just in case anyone was wondering where they disappeared to!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. TUG started 24 years ago this month in 1993 as a group of owners on prodigy! Check out our happy birthday post here: Happy Birthday TUG!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The TUG forums have been upgraded this evening to now utilize https as a more secure way to connect and browse the site (Especially for those logged in). please let us know if you experience any issues or errors while on the site so we can correct them! it is our hope that this is a completely seamless change/upgrade! Forum upgrade thread
    Dismiss Notice

Netflix Pricing

Discussion in 'TUG Lounge' started by Ironwood, Sep 27, 2017.

1. Ironwood

Ironwood TUG Member

Netflix are increasing monthly subscription prices by $1 across the board in October. Same in the US?

2. isisdave

isisdave TUG Member

US had a hike last May. UK earlier this year, and Australia's a couple of months ago, plus Australia apparently attached a new tax to digital downloads.

3. mdurette

mdurette TUG Member

4. spirits

spirits TUG Member

I almost got caught with the email scam. I was almost ready to comply and something did not seem right....so I emailed my son about it. He said it was a scam....and after thinking about it....why would they ask for my information when they already have it.....duh......
    Boy, if I was a busy person....it might have caught me.

5. cgeidl

cgeidl Tug Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

Netflix is going to be the number one producer of successful programming. Better than Hollywood.

6. Sea Six

Sea Six TUG Member

Am I the only one who still has the plan that includes Blu-Ray discs?

7. Lou

Lou TUG Member

No....we still get the DVD's.

8. mdurette

mdurette TUG Member

Looks like another price increase coming our way. I am going to be done with it now. Time to learn how to get the most out of my Amazon Prime membership!

The cost of your Netflix membership will increase to $10.99 on Thursday, December 14th 2017. Why? So we can add more of what you like to watch. Awesome entertainment built around you is what we’re all about. We’ve enhanced our features so you can download your favorites and watch without wifi, too.

9. SmithOp

SmithOp TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 14.4K Points.
    $1 is not going to break my budget, keeping both.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

jme likes this.
  10. jme

jme TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Marriotts:
    Grande Ocean x 6
    Barony x 2
    OceanWatch x 1
    Manor Club x 1
    Waterside by Spin x 2
    Sheraton Bdwy Plnt x 2
    ChurchStInnCharleston2
    Same here...Netflix is definitely worth the small increase, and any others that come down the road. We watch it a lot, and the various series that we've enjoyed are numerous. So many great, great series. Just finished Turn and Stranger Things, and longing for the next seasons!!!

11. clifffaith

clifffaith TUG Member

When I got this couple months ago I had two thoughts. First I had just finished watching Netflix for several hours so it was not disabled, second I decided the spelling of the sender's name was suspicious! Several years ago I did start to fall for someone's phishing expedition, but as I typed in my password it was visible to me (rather than the dots or stars you usually see) so I got spooked and backed out. I always wonder exactly where they came up with my email address in the first place.

12. 1Kflyerguy

1Kflyerguy TUG Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    HGVC Kings Land, Marriott Destination Club Points
    I watch a number of series that are exclusive to Netflix and some thst are exclusive to Amazon. We will definitely keep both, That said its always to good revisit your services and subscriptions and make sure your still getting value from them. I slashed a bunch of magazines this year. I have heard Costco is raising their fee this year, i may drop down from executive to a basic membership.

13. clifffaith

clifffaith TUG Member

I bitch and complain about Costco. Cliff refuses to darken the doorway of anything related to Walmart, so there's no going back to Sam's Club which I prefer. Yesterday as I limped through Costco I said to him that our membership would be expiring soon and this is our last trip. We are two people and don't need to be buying in bulk. Got home and found the renewal in the mail -- $60. No way we are not losing more than we gain by belonging.

14. Ironwood

Ironwood TUG Member

We just renewed our Costco membership but dropped back to basic being empty nesters, we just don't spend enough to pay for the executive membership....but we are still using those cards. They just reprogramed them. We went with a short list and ended up home once again with a few extras, everything from clothing, a years supply of razor blades and a new door mat. On some things it's hard to find it cheaper any where else. And dinner at the food bar was a cheap night out!

15. clifffaith

clifffaith TUG Member

Ended up back at Costco today. Yesterday I looked at the receipt for the Wednesday Costco trip and noticed a $26 item. What? The sign said the stuffed turkey breast was $12! So we loaded up our small igloo with blue ice and the turkey in case I had to prove possession. Also took along the 8 pack of Kleenex. Thought I was buying 16 cube style and not 8 long boxes. So I really blew it, not only was the $12 shelf tag for the item next to the turkey, the turkey was sold by the pound and I had approx a four pound breast at $6.99 pound. There will be just two of us eating this thing between Thanx and Xmas, so I hope it's good. We generally have pretty good luck with their prepared meals. I figured I'd stand in line anyway to return the Kleenx while we were there. The $18 credit on the Kleenex helped ease the pain of the $26 turkey breast.

Got home to the notice that the sixth season of Longmire had landed on Netflix. Great show so looking forward to watching it after I finish Land Girls (British WWII series).