• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

New 2018 Marriott/SPG credit cards - Deadlines AMEX 8/25/18 and VISA 12/31/18

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
We're still discussing the pros/cons on upgrading to the new card. If we're correctly reading the benefits for the new card.... and having read this entire thread, I'm not seeing anyone mention the loss of trip cancellation insurance with the new card - and this is our primary reason right now for not moving forward with the upgrade. We're reading that the new card includes baggage delay insurance, lost luggage reimbursement, and trip delay reimbursement. Was loss of trip cancellation insurance considered by anyone in making the decision to switch to the new card?... or have we missed reading somewhere in the terms/benefits that trip cancellation insurance IS included with the new card? When husband called Chase rep, they confirmed trip cancellation insurance was not a benefit with the new card.
The loss of trip insurance was not a consideration for us. We usually buy travel insurance for out of country trips. We have never utilized or relied on the trip insurance provided by any of our cards. The new card does still provide secondary car rental CDW, but we use our United Mileage Plus Explorer card for all domestic car rentals since it offers primary CDW. For out of the country we used to use the old Marriott Rewards credit card since it offered two points per dollar on car rentals. That doesn't change with the new card but of course every regular spend now gets two points per dollar.

nanceetom

TUG Member
Reaction score
Applied for the new Premier Visa card and did the 5,000 requirement as we needed airline tickets for our family to get the 100,000 Marriott Reward Points from the incentive. I called the bank they said they sent it to the Marriott on June 29, marriott says there is a 6=8 week wait before they will post it to my account. Then another Marriott rep said, I should have received it after a 7 day waiting period. With all the hoopla in using points for packages before the August 1 deadline and all the inconsistencies, I've received from phone calls, could anyone let me know how long they had to wait, after completing the Money spent requirement, to get the points into their account.

gravitar

TUG Member
Reaction score
I started using the card on June 1st. Met the spend on June 30th. 100k points posted to my Marriott account July 8th

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Applied for the new Premier Visa card and did the 5,000 requirement as we needed airline tickets for our family to get the 100,000 Marriott Reward Points from the incentive. I called the bank they said they sent it to the Marriott on June 29, marriott says there is a 6=8 week wait before they will post it to my account. Then another Marriott rep said, I should have received it after a 7 day waiting period. With all the hoopla in using points for packages before the August 1 deadline and all the inconsistencies, I've received from phone calls, could anyone let me know how long they had to wait, after completing the Money spent requirement, to get the points into their account.
Have you had a statement run on the card yet? My wife upgraded hers and the bonus points didn't post until the first statement run after the spend requirement was met.

stive1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sorry if this has been discussed....I’ve tried to keep up with this thread and may have missed this information....but I still have a couple of questions. Is the card giving 6X points for paying maintenance fees for both Marriott and Starwood timeshare fees and will these dollars spent on maintenance fees go towards meeting the 5K spend in the first 90 days. If this is true I figured I might as well pay for a couple of my maintenance fees now with the new card....thanks for the help.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Sorry if this has been discussed....I’ve tried to keep up with this thread and may have missed this information....but I still have a couple of questions. Is the card giving 6X points for paying maintenance fees for both Marriott and Starwood timeshare fees and will these dollars spent on maintenance fees go towards meeting the 5K spend in the first 90 days. If this is true I figured I might as well pay for a couple of my maintenance fees now with the new card....thanks for the help.
We know that the new Chase Marriott Rewards Premier Plus credit card is IS NOT giving the 6x multiplier on Vistana MFs. I don't think anyone has prepaid Marriott MFs with it to see if those still get the multiplier.

dneveu

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Cypress Harbor, Marriott Shadow Ridge, Marriott Grand Chateau
Talked to a chase agent today. Upgrade for a current card (with small points bonus) in effect through December. Applying for new card with a 100k MR point bonus ends this week, possibly on the 12th.

I upgraded my current card and was eligible for 20k bonus. Advised would post in next few billing cycles.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I upgraded my current card and was eligible for 20k bonus. Advised would post in next few billing cycles.
DW's 50K bonus posted within two days following the first billing cycle after meeting the spend requirement (one purchase) after she upgraded.

nanceetom

TUG Member
Reaction score
That's when mine posted.
Yes, I had one statement and it did not appear. That is when I called VISA and was told they sent the points to Marriott and it was in their court. Then proceeded to call Marriott and was transferred to 2 or 3 different people. A supervisor came on and put me on hold, called VISA to verify the points and was told the same information I was given from the VISA rep. Marriott supervisor said there was a 7 day grace period to find the "missing points". Seven days went by, called Marriott again and was transferred to Marriott Customer Care. She opened a Case number. Yesterday she e-mailed back and said I needed to wait 6-8 weeks for it to be posted. I completed the $$ requirement on June 13. With the August 1 date looming, and decisions on potential travel awards, I'm in total loss of what to do.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Yes, I had one statement and it did not appear. That is when I called VISA and was told they sent the points to Marriott and it was in their court. Then proceeded to call Marriott and was transferred to 2 or 3 different people. A supervisor came on and put me on hold, called VISA to verify the points and was told the same information I was given from the VISA rep. Marriott supervisor said there was a 7 day grace period to find the "missing points". Seven days went by, called Marriott again and was transferred to Marriott Customer Care. She opened a Case number. Yesterday she e-mailed back and said I needed to wait 6-8 weeks for it to be posted. I completed the $$ requirement on June 13. With the August 1 date looming, and decisions on potential travel awards, I'm in total loss of what to do.
Did you just barely meet the minimum spend? The $95 annual fee is also not considered part of the spend that is counted toward the $5000.

dneveu

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Cypress Harbor, Marriott Shadow Ridge, Marriott Grand Chateau
DW's 50K bonus posted within two days following the first billing cycle after meeting the spend requirement (one purchase) after she upgraded.

That is terrific! Thanks for sharing. Any idea what triggers someone for the max 50k upgrade bonus? Most folks seem to be getting 10k or 20k.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
That is terrific! Thanks for sharing. Any idea what triggers someone for the max 50k upgrade bonus? Most folks seem to be getting 10k or 20k.
I really have no idea why she qualified for 50K. We hadn't been using that card much for spending as we had been working on Southwest miles, perhaps that is why.

gblotter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mountainside x 2
Maui Ocean Club x 2
Ko Olina Beach Club x 1
Applying for new card with a 100k MR point bonus ends this week, possibly on the 12th.
I just spoke with a Chase representative who quoted an internal memo stating that the 100K MR point bonus will be extended beyond the 7/12 cutoff.

kds4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Weeks and DC Points
I just spoke with a Chase representative who quoted an internal memo stating that the 100K MR point bonus will be extended beyond the 7/12 cutoff.

That's good to hear, and consistent with what we have been told twice now by Chase CSRs that 'no expiration date for the 100k bonus points offer has been sent out'.

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score

Marriott site still showing tomorrow 7/12 as the last day. Will watch tomorrow to see if they update and if not, I'm gonna apply.

jmhpsu93

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Abound Points
MVC Grande Vista (x2)
MVC Cypress Harbour (x2)
MVC Harbour Lake (x2)
Golden Shores (Mexico)
Just applied and was approved today - we have a couple of stays at Marriotts coming up so the $5K should be easy. :ponder:

ann824

TUG Member
Reaction score
It's interesting because if you go through the Chase site it doesn't say anything about July 12.

ann824

TUG Member
Reaction score
New offer on Marriott 75,000 miles, 3,000 spend. Chase site still has old offer.

Last edited:

kds4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Weeks and DC Points
It's interesting because if you go through the Chase site it doesn't say anything about July 12.

The Chase CSR that I just spoke with by phone advised that the 100k MRP new card sign-up bonus with $5k spend has been extended through 7/30/18. The 75k MRP new card sign-up bonus with $3k spend may also be valid. If so, you could choose which to apply for. The CSRs we have spoken with advised us to apply through the Chase website (for the 100k bonus) and not go through the Marriott provided link (which will now be a 75k bonus it looks like).

Last edited:

mdurette

TUG Member
Reaction score
Are there any referral offers out there? I'm going to apply tonight.

mdurette

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ugh....procrastination may have bit me in the behind.
Both Chase and Marriott sites are already reporting the 75K points bonus.

I used a link from an email that said 100K good until today. Got the old, we need to review your request on the online application.

Time will tell.....

ann824

TUG Member
Reaction score
I got the same thing. It is still the 12th, they should not have taken it down yet.