• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

New browser - Brave?

RonB

TUG Member
Reaction score
Someone on another forum posted that they really like Brave. My first thought was that someone here would know the straight skinny on this new, (at least to me), browser.

https://brave.com/

Anyone care to comment?

Thanx,
Ron

bbodb1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
I've used Brave on my phone, but I wasn't all that impressed with it. I was looking for alternatives to Chrome that would run faster and that is how I found Brave (also, Opera and Puffin (IIRC..))
At present, I am currently using a Samsung provided browser on my phone.

Since I am a Mac user at home, I run Safari most of the time but I also have Firefox as well. I've had no reason to move away from Safari on my home computer.

When I was using Brave, I did find a few pages loaded a bit strangely but everything I visited (again on my phone) worked. I like using a not-so common browser since most nefarious attempts to do bad things to your computing device are geared toward exploiting the most commonly used pieces of software.

I did NOT (and will not) do any personal finance (or any PII related) things on my phone.

Ron, are you desiring to use Brave on your home computer and / or on your mobile devices?

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
I agree with not doing financial access on a phone with a browser but I do use the apps provided by my bank and brokerage.

I tinkered with Brave, it does seem faster than chrome on my ipad. I notice chrome slowness from the ads loading and trackers, Brave does a good job bypassing that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
I agree with not doing financial access on a phone with a browser but I do use the apps provided by my bank and brokerage.

I tinkered with Brave, it does seem faster than chrome on my ipad. I notice chrome slowness from the ads loading and trackers, Brave does a good job bypassing that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Dave,

I agree with your point about the apps from my financial institutions. My focus was with the browser on a phone and I should have made that point clearer.
As an aside, I've been pretty happy with the performance of apps supplied by my financial institutions in terms of giving me easy and quick access to info and transactions. I just wish the apps did NOT have to be installed via the Google Play Store......

bobpark56

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Westin Aventuras, Marriott Grande Vista, Sandos Caracol, Festiva, Diamond Resorts (Hawaii Collection)
I switched from Safari to Brave about 2 months ago, and I am unlikely to go back. Brave does seem to offer superior protection/security, and it is much better than it was a year or two ago. It's also quite spritely now. I do occasionally go back to Safari if Brave's protections seem to get in the way of filling our forms or soliciting information on some web sites (some really want to track you and insert cookies, etc., and they object to Brave getting in the way.)