• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

New Fees for 3rd Party Reservations at Vistana

have you had less than satisfactory customer service with vistana

• yes - recently customer service has been unsatisfactory

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • customer service has been fine

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

fullhouse

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Princeville, Kanapali
The new fees for 3rd party reservations at Vistana is an example of the loss of customer service since I joined Westin Resorts at what was formerly SPG. The most recent example was the added fee of over $50 for every time a guest is registered as a 3rd party. This was done suddenly and without any warning. And the team at Vistana seem to believe that it is in their rights to behave this way. Overall here are my issues

1. Customer Service and Resolution Team
To the customer the experience of calling for any kind of help or resolution of issues is frustrating to say the least. The organization of the call center is set up to delay and confuse issue resolutions by having layers of people who are powerless to resolve anything and whose only response is to restate the rule that cannot be flexible for any Owner regardless of the loyalty of that owner.

2. Changes in Policy
The recent change of policy regarding the change of a name on a reservation and the charge of a fee for that change is an example of making money for a simple request. This is not the kind of Signature Experience that Vistana should stand for. If there had been a change in policy determined, I am sure that it had been decided earlier than Wed, Jan 25, 2017 at 2:40 PM when we received notification. Vistana could easily have communicated that there would be changes via the dashboard where a pop up appears to tell owners how to make changes for 3rd party reservations, or on calls to your 888 number when the changes are made. Your resolution agents say that they did not learn about the changes until the 25th as well. That only goes to show the terrible disorganization and disregard for both employee empowerment and customer service.

3. Requests
Since I made reservations in April for a 3rd Party and planned to change the name near the reservation, I called on Jan 27 to see if I could have a one time waiver of the fee. The agents - each and every one - restated the policy which was evident. Then each agent told me in a more forceful and unfriendly tone, that it was the "right" of Vistana to make any changes that the company felt necessary at any time. I am not at all sure that this is true. And if it is true, then a sufficient warning of 60 days would be more in line with a Vistana Signature experience.

4. Customer Pride
In the past when I stayed at the resorts, I met many people who were very happy with the level of service that they receive and who were proud of their ownership. When I met those who expressed dissatisfaction, I discounted their complaints. I no longer feel this way. I am more and more unhappy with the kind of "care" that Vistana is displaying to customers. And although I had considered purchases to move me to 5 Star Elite, I cannot consider this any longer.

Since you are the Vice President of this division, it is incumbent on you to consider the effect that actions, not marketing slogans and videos are representing to your owners.

I look forward to your response.
Leslie House
505 423 2459