• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

New Member Website

bdh

TUG Member
Reaction score
I, also, find the new website to be slow to navigate. If you want to search all resorts for a period of time, it takes forever to scroll through all of those pictures! Too much repetition of pics! It was much easier and faster to look at the list on the old site.

The old site doesn't have the "polished" appearance as the new site, however the old site is easier to use and view than the new. Ivywag is correct, new site has too many pictures and too many pages to sort thru to get the desired information. The grid view format on the new just isn't as easy to read as the list view of the old - most websites provide the option that allows the user to select the grid or list view (the new site would be much better to use if that option was available).

Owners with one contract may not see the clutter, however the new site is visually challenging and slow to navigate for owners with more than one contract. The "dashboard" page is visually confusing with "Your Checklist", "Dates to Know" and "Recent Account Activity" - then it gets worse with the "all contracts" button (who knows their deeded week by the first 3 numbers of their contract number??) - then there's the "see more" button for "Dates to Know" and "Recent Account Activity" that has to be clicked several times to see all the information.

The new site definitely has a sleeker looking appearance, but it is not easy/intuitive to use. Maybe in time I'll get the hang of the new site, but expect it to be a longer learning curve then an immediate jump for me. I may be in the minority, but if I'm doing the important task of making a reservation, I'll be on the old site.

heathpack

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt High Sierra and Highland Inn
Disney’s Grand Californian and Hilton Head Island
Marriott Barony Beach and Mountainside
MVC Points
Sheraton Broadway Plantation
The old site doesn't have the "polished" appearance as the new site, however the old site is easier to use and view than the new. Ivywag is correct, new site has too many pictures and too many pages to sort thru to get the desired information. The grid view format on the new just isn't as easy to read as the list view of the old - most websites provide the option that allows the user to select the grid or list view (the new site would be much better to use if that option was available).

Owners with one contract may not see the clutter, however the new site is visually challenging and slow to navigate for owners with more than one contract. The "dashboard" page is visually confusing with "Your Checklist", "Dates to Know" and "Recent Account Activity" - then it gets worse with the "all contracts" button (who knows their deeded week by the first 3 numbers of their contract number??) - then there's the "see more" button for "Dates to Know" and "Recent Account Activity" that has to be clicked several times to see all the information.

The new site definitely has a sleeker looking appearance, but it is not easy/intuitive to use. Maybe in time I'll get the hang of the new site, but expect it to be a longer learning curve then an immediate jump for me. I may be in the minority, but if I'm doing the important task of making a reservation, I'll be on the old site.

Can we still use the old site? If so, I'll probably do the same. I never had any real issues with it & I know where to find the info I'm looking for.

bdh

TUG Member
Reaction score
Can we still use the old site? If so, I'll probably do the same. I never had any real issues with it & I know where to find the info I'm looking for.

Yep - have had both of them open at the same time on the same browser. The old and new are two totally different sites. I'm with you as I never had any issues with the old site and know exactly where to find the info. Maybe with time, I'll get better on the new site, but at the moment I feel I'm searching "Hell's half acre" on the new site.

Sapper

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score

Yes, you can... and I am. I hope they don't decide keeping two sites is a waste and kill the old site.

peas

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ditto on being annoyed not being able to see everything on one page.

I know people were critical of the old site, but I actually really liked it and felt it was really intuitive (and zippy) to boot.

The only thing i wished on the old site was the ability to search 2,3,4,7 days simultaneously.

Kal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Bad news! The old website will be discontinued effective Dec. 27, 2017. Then we will be left with a marketing hype piece. Does Hyatt really need to market existing members?? Or maybe they believe "cute" is what we desire??

GTLINZ

TUG Member
Reaction score
Bad news! The old website will be discontinued effective Dec. 27, 2017. Then we will be left with a marketing hype piece. Does Hyatt really need to market existing members?? Or maybe they believe "cute" is what we desire??

HGVC (Hilton) also switched to a new website within the last few years and said there were taking the old one down. There was a large enough number of complaints to delay removing the old site, mostly due to owners writing and documenting real problems. We ran in parallel for around a year until they got the new website working well - then they stopped updating it late 2016. It sounds like the new site is needed for the new program, but I would like to think that the old one should not get shut off if there are real issues and the owners register those complaints.

Sapper

TUG Member
Reaction score

Well, that stinks. What the old site lacked in marketing garbage, it made up for in simple functionality.

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Hyatt Beach House, Westin Kierland
It gets me going, when I do a search and see openings in Portfolio but not in club.

Sapper

TUG Member
Reaction score
Looks like they closed the old site early. They are now forcing everyone to use the new site. If you had a link to the old log in page, it redirects to the residence club home page. Not thrilled.

Sapper

TUG Member
Reaction score
It gets me going, when I do a search and see openings in Portfolio but not in club.

I think that is part of the marketing aspect of the new site. Make current members irritated they are unable to book what they want... unless, of course, if you own the new points program.

Kal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Maybe the other way around? Points owners will see that they can't get the availability that they thought they were buying into.

bdh

TUG Member
Reaction score
Looks like they closed the old site early. They are now forcing everyone to use the new site. If you had a link to the old log in page, it redirects to the residence club home page. Not thrilled.

The old site is still active - I was able to log in and navigate the full site.

heathpack

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt High Sierra and Highland Inn
Disney’s Grand Californian and Hilton Head Island
Marriott Barony Beach and Mountainside
MVC Points
Sheraton Broadway Plantation

ivywag

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've been playing around with the new website. We are HRC members. I searched HHI for 18 months out. Several Portfolio units appeared at the same number of points as HRC would require. Just to see what would happen I clicked on one of the Portfolio units. It told me to transfer points from HRPP to CUP and seemed to indicate that if I did that, I could book the Portfolio week. I didn't want to move the points to CUP so didn't go forward. However, if it was going to let me book the week, it would blow the theory that HRC members cannot book Portfolio units. Has anyone that is an HRC owner booked a Portfolio unit? I was under the impression that the 2 systems were not interchangeable unless we bought into the Points program.

Kal

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've been playing around with the new website. We are HRC members. I searched HHI for 18 months out. Several Portfolio units appeared at the same number of points as HRC would require. Just to see what would happen I clicked on one of the Portfolio units. It told me to transfer points from HRPP to CUP and seemed to indicate that if I did that, I could book the Portfolio week. I didn't want to move the points to CUP so didn't go forward. However, if it was going to let me book the week, it would blow the theory that HRC members cannot book Portfolio units. Has anyone that is an HRC owner booked a Portfolio unit? I was under the impression that the 2 systems were not interchangeable unless we bought into the Points program.
Interesting. With the HRC program you don't have to "transfer" points to CUP to book a HRC unit as the booking will automatically change the HRPP status. It might be an informative excercise to try to book a HPP unit when the points are already in CUP.

Sapper

TUG Member
Reaction score

It looks like it will allow me to book a points program unit. It removes points I have in LCUP and charges an additional "maintenance fee"... but it works: (edited the photo to remove personal info)

upload_2017-12-23_17-43-57.png

Last edited:

WalnutBaron

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Highlands Inn, Hyatt Pinon Pointe
It looks like it will allow me to book a points program unit. It removes points I have in LCUP and charges an additional "maintenance fee"... but it works: (edited the photo to remove personal info)

View attachment 5272
Wow. Interesting. Not sure if this is an oversight by Hyatt or an unstated feature of the new website, but it certainly undermines the HRP Points program even further. Now conversion can be made for a small additional MF? Nice job, ivywag and Sapper!

Sapper

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wow. Interesting. Not sure if this is an oversight by Hyatt or an unstated feature of the new website, but it certainly undermines the HRP Points program even further. Now conversion can be made for a small additional MF? Nice job, ivywag and Sapper!

Thanks.

I would normally say that it's probably an oversight, soon to be corrected. HOWEVER, the code is in there to both deduct the points and to charge the additional maintenance fee. I cannot see them accidently writing the code to work this way. IF this is correct, and HRC owners may book either program, to me that just increases the value of deeded fixed unit/weeks vs the HPP. I suppose it could also be a marketing tool in a way. They allow all owners to book either program for a year or two in order to have HRC owners become accustom to the system, then a couple of years into it, they stop allowing it unless HRC owners "upgrade" to the HPP.

WalnutBaron

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Highlands Inn, Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Thanks.

I would normally say that it's probably an oversight, soon to be corrected. HOWEVER, the code is in there to both deduct the points and to charge the additional maintenance fee. I cannot see them accidently writing the code to work this way. IF this is correct, and HRC owners may book either program, to me that just increases the value of deeded fixed unit/weeks vs the HPP. I suppose it could also be a marketing tool in a way. They allow all owners to book either program for a year or two in order to have HRC owners become accustom to the system, then a couple of years into it, they stop allowing it unless HRC owners "upgrade" to the HPP.
I think you're right. It's got to be Hyatt's version of a "teaser rate"--a way of drawing in HRC owners to all the benefits of HRP. The problem with that strategy, of course, is that such a move both strengthens and enhances the value of HRC ownership and vastly degrades the value of HRP. Regardless, it's a great find and something that will make us HRC owners even happier with our ownership, no matter how long or briefly it lasts.

ivywag

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm wondering if it also works the other way. Can an HRP member book HRC inventory? There's probably no way to test that one unless there's an HRP member out there that could try booking an available HRC unit and report back to us.

bdh

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks.

Expect its a glitch/oversight that will be fixed at some point in time - just a question of how fast/slow. IE: they've been working on the reservation confirmation email glitch for 3-4 months and still don't have it fixed. (once a reservation is confirmed, an email is to automatically sent to the owner's email address on file - sometimes it works automatically and sometimes you have to call and have them manually resend as the automated system didn't work).

Saw that an HPP reservation could be made with an HRC account and that points would be deducted from an HRC account and a basic reservation fee charged - did not an see additional maintenance fee charge.

I don't see how it could be a marketing tool to allow all owners to book either program for a year or two then stop to entice HRC owners to buy into HPP. With as many HRC owners as there are and as few HPP owners as there are, all the good HPP availability would be sucked up by HRC owners - that would be lead to a bunch of unitless hacked off HPP owners.

Kal

TUG Member
Reaction score
It's hard to imagine a situation where an error of this type is not immediately corrected. I get the impression that there is little or no demand for the HPP units as there are few HPP owners. Hyatt wants to fill that inventory so maybe let the HRC members have access until such point that the supply/demand curve controls. I would have to think thru the revenue side to see how it would make sense as somebody has to pay those MFs. Besides having empty HPP units at a resort during a high occupancy season would not work well. But in actuality, how many units are in the HPP pool during high season?

Maybe a clear sign as to how much trouble the HPP experiment is causing. :doh: