• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

New Member Website

Pathways

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was able to make an single 8 day reservation starting on a Tuesday, check out Wednesday using HPP. This would have been a minimum of two reservations with multiple $41 fees, maybe more or not even doable with HRC, with a probable unit change at this particular resort. Also would need to pay multiple split week fees upon check out.

Instead I have been promised same unit (confirmed by resort, although I will believe it when it happens) with only the $60 HK fee. This reservation was made last Thursday for May 2018

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Hyatt Beach House, Westin Kierland
On the contrary, nothing has really changed for HRC owners. We still get our HRPP period at 12 months out and have six months to lock in our fixed week and unit if so desired. If not, we can place a request for another unit within HRC or try to look for it through the online reservations system. As lizap points out, availability of inventory prior to the expiration of the HRPP is small, simply because those owners can and typically do take their own sweet time in determining if they want to lock in their fixed week (I know I do, anyway). At six months, their HRPP expires and they now have a decision--either use their CUP points for an internal exchange or deposit their points into the EEE external exchange with Interval.

As for the HRP owners, they cannot lock in HRC units at 12 months. They can, however, lock in HRP units at 12 months for those HRP units that have been purchased by Hyatt and placed into the HRP trust. And since it's our reasoned speculation that the HRP program is both flailing and failing, it's also reasonable to assume that there is ample HRP inventory for HRP owners to choose from prior to the HRC owners having their shot at it at 6 months.

In any case, the correct way to look at this latest unannounced development is that it's a plus for HRC owners. Previously, we were led to believe that because the units were held in separate trusts, the only way for HRC owners to access the HRP inventory would be by paying the confiscatory conversion fee. Not true! HRC owners can have access at 6 months out or sooner simply by paying a nominally higher reservation fee. HRP owners, however, cannot access HRC inventory because there is substantial demand for those units within the much more robust HRC owners network.

All in all, HRC owners are the big winners at this point because of the woeful performance of HRP, at least thus far.
I do think HRP owners can reserve HRC units if they are HRC owners who buy in to the HRP program. Then they have the option to book either. For off the street folks who buy into the HRP program they would not have the option of reserving our units. That was what was explained to me but that came from sales. They were saying that if you owned enough points you could bid earlier at say 13 months out. So far it has been a non issue plus there is the fact that we love a lot of the resorts that aren't in the new program . I am not panicked as I was initially.

heathpack

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt High Sierra and Highland Inn
Disney’s Grand Californian and Hilton Head Island
Marriott Barony Beach and Mountainside
MVC Points
Sheraton Broadway Plantation
Ugh, just took me two days to book a 3 day reservation.

I went on line yesterday, 60 days out, to book a 3 night stay at Highlands Inn to connect to a 4 night stay I already have. I have to borrow points from next year to do make that reservation. I have never borrowed points previously, so I called a few weeks ago to get the details. I was told: "Prepay the MF and you will be good to go, you can do that from the website." Good thing I can do it on the website, since my 60 day window was yesterday which was MLK Day and I was thinking they might be closed.

I go online to book and choose the option to prepay my MF, which are clearly listed on the site. But then it also says that I will need to pay a conversion fee of "$(conversion fee)". What the heck? Obviously something was mis-coded on the website, who knows what the fee is?

I call 1800GOHYATT, knowing they might be closed. I get a voicemail recording saying they are closed for the holiday on Dec 31 and Jan 1. What? It was Jan 15.

I call Highlands Inn to see if they know if the main Hyatt Residence Club is closed. They don't know, but give me a second number to call. That number is disconnected.

I call High Sierra, my home resort, to see if they know what the "conversion fee" is. I don't mind paying it if its nominal but I if its $300 or something, forget it. I can't find a fee schedule anywhere on the new website. Maybe I just don't know where to look. The person I speak with at High Sierra tells me she'll leave a message for the manager who will be to work in 10 min and will call me back. She never calls.

Meanwhile, I've watched the 2BR unit I wanted disappear from inventory but there's still a 1BR. Frustrating, we've already mentioned it to friends and suggested they join us.

Today I call and am on hold for 20 minutes before someone picks up. Then I get to go through explaining the problem and reciting all my contact info. Only to find out there is no "conversion fee." Just prepay my MF and the split week fee and I'm all set.

So I do that and for my trouble, HRC waives the extra $6 it cost me for booking via phone.

I don't love the new HRC.

Last edited:

ivywag

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ugh, just took me two days to book a 3 day reservation.

I went on line yesterday, 60 days out, to book a 3 night stay at Highlands Inn to connect to a 4 night stay I already have. I have to borrow points from next year to do make that reservation. I have never borrowed points previously, so I called a few weeks ago to get the details. I was told: "Prepay the MF and you will be good to go, you can do that from the website." Good thing I can do it on the website, since my 60 day window was yesterday which was MLK Day and I was thinking they might be closed.

I go online to book and choose the option to prepay my MF, which are clearly listed on the site. But then it also says that I will need to pay a conversion fee of "$(conversion fee)". What the heck? Obviously something was mis-coded on the website, who knows what the fee is?

I call 1800GOHYATT, knowing they might be closed. I get a voicemail recording saying they are closed for the holiday on Dec 31 and Jan 1. What? It was Jan 15.

I call Highlands Inn to see if they know if the main Hyatt Residence Club is closed. They don't know, but give me a second number to call. That number is disconnected.

I call High Sierra, my home resort, to see if they know what the "conversion fee" is. I don't mind paying it if its nominal but I if its $300 or something, forget it. I can't find a fee schedule anywhere on the new website. Maybe I just don't know where to look. The person I speak with at High Sierra tells me she'll leave a message for the manager who will be to work in 10 min and will call me back. She never calls.

Meanwhile, I've watched the 2BR unit I wanted disappear from inventory but there's still a 1BR. Frustrating, we've already mentioned it to friends and suggested they join us.

Today I call and am on hold for 20 minutes before someone picks up. Then I get to go through explaining the problem and reciting all my contact info. Only to find out there is no "conversion fee." Just prepay my MF and the split week fee and I'm all set.

So I do that and for my trouble, HRC waives the extra $6 it cost me for booking on line.

Ugh. I don't love the new HRC.

I tried calling in yesterday to see if they can help to resolve my inability to waitlist online. I got the same recording that you did saying that they are closed for the holiday that was two weeks ago! They seem very disorganized down there. I long for the days when we could call Hyatt Customer Service and connect with an experienced person if Reservations couldn't answer our questions.

wilma

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Red Wolf Lakeside Lodge, Hanalei Bay Resort, Sweetbriar Lake tahoe, Marriott Canyon Villas, Hyatt High Sierra, Point at Poipu
I couldn’t figure out how to deposit HRPP points into CUP so i could make an internal trade on the new site. I sent them a message on facebook and they explained that we no longer need to deposit into CUP and the system will ask if you want to use the HRPP points for the trade.

peas

TUG Member
Reaction score
I really needed that HRPP/CUP/LCUP/EEE chart back.....2 days ago....

I saw a reservation I really wanted online for something within 60 days. I needed to borrow from a contract but it would only let me borrow from a contract that I needed to protect. I wish it had the option to pick which contract I wanted to borrow from but no such luck. So I was left with the choice of creating points by canceling an existing reservation or waiting until I could call into the Customer Service since it was after hours.

Nervous that it wouldn't be there in the morning, I opted to cancel an existing reservation. I looked at the reservation and made sure I knew which contracts the points had pulled from (a nice feature on this website--probably the only actual improvement that I like). The problem was that I thought my points would go into LCUP, but my points actually disappeared because I misjudged my 6 month LCUP period expiration by 2 days. So my points went *poof* as soon as I cancelled. I called in later asking for mercy and they said, sorry it happened, but you missed it by 2 days.

PSA for the rest of you.

alexadeparis

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I really needed that HRPP/CUP/LCUP/EEE chart back.....2 days ago....

I saw a reservation I really wanted online for something within 60 days. I needed to borrow from a contract but it would only let me borrow from a contract that I needed to protect. I wish it had the option to pick which contract I wanted to borrow from but no such luck. So I was left with the choice of creating points by canceling an existing reservation or waiting until I could call into the Customer Service since it was after hours.

Nervous that it wouldn't be there in the morning, I opted to cancel an existing reservation. I looked at the reservation and made sure I knew which contracts the points had pulled from (a nice feature on this website--probably the only actual improvement that I like). The problem was that I thought my points would go into LCUP, but my points actually disappeared because I misjudged my 6 month LCUP period expiration by 2 days. So my points went *poof* as soon as I cancelled. I called in later asking for mercy and they said, sorry it happened, but you missed it by 2 days.

PSA for the rest of you.
Holy crap! Sorry that happened