• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

New Oceanfront Resort on Kiawah Island

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen Points Lodge Alley Inn.
Brewster Green (two weeks).

JohnPaul

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Internationale, HGVC - NYC, Worldmark, Shell Vacations, Sedona Pines, RCI Points, Starwood (Avon, CO)
I"d say it is a timeshare. The Bachelor Gulch property is the old Ritz Carlton Residence Club. We looked at it once and it was definitely an (expensive) timeshare.

Beachclubmum

Reaction score
We have a little experience in this arena. Several years ago when immediate family members were selling their property there, it was purchased by A&K. They were offered a share to bring down the purchase price. Lots of restrictions on usage, plus fees tacked on. Family members refused the share. The company later sold the house..not sure how successful they were with the program in the end.

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I"d say it is a timeshare. The Bachelor Gulch property is the old Ritz Carlton Residence Club. We looked at it once and it was definitely an (expensive) timeshare.

I'd say! From $475,000 to $1,285,000!

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We have a little experience in this arena. Several years ago when immediate family members were selling their property there, it was purchased by A&K. They were offered a share to bring down the purchase price. Lots of restrictions on usage, plus fees tacked on. Family members refused the share. The company later sold the house..not sure how successful they were with the program in the end.

This has sold 40 shares so far. The restrictions on usage and fees are what I am curious about. And how they allot the time you get to use. I would not be interested in Kiawah since we live nearby, nor would I pay this price at this stage of life, but am just curious as to how these work.

Beachclubmum

Reaction score
The press releases don't give a lot of information, do they? 9 shares per unit with a fractional ownership... guessing 5 weeks per year with down time for maintenance? Looks like you can trade with other property locations too, just like the A&K program. I noticed a glaring lack in the amenities.... no pool is listed. There's a dearth of public pools on Kiawah, and with Night Heron locked down to guests of the resort only (plus members of the Governor's Club) pools are in high demand. I wonder though if "ownership" in this club equates to property owner status for using the Property Owners' facilities and pool. West Beach is getting a huge overhaul---if I were buying into that club I'd want a guarantee of access.

I'm supposed to be down there this week...might stop by the sales office and ask some questions if I get a chance. The models might be fun to tour.

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The press releases don't give a lot of information, do they? 9 shares per unit with a fractional ownership... guessing 5 weeks per year with down time for maintenance? Looks like you can trade with other property locations too, just like the A&K program. I noticed a glaring lack in the amenities.... no pool is listed. There's a dearth of public pools on Kiawah, and with Night Heron locked down to guests of the resort only (plus members of the Governor's Club) pools are in high demand. I wonder though if "ownership" in this club equates to property owner status for using the Property Owners' facilities and pool. West Beach is getting a huge overhaul---if I were buying into that club I'd want a guarantee of access.

I'm supposed to be down there this week...might stop by the sales office and ask some questions if I get a chance. The models might be fun to tour.

I wonder if the pool will come with the new hotel they are building. I got the feeling it was to be part of this complex. If these are the ones I see online, they are so close to the ocean, and don't look that high off the ground that I would worry about storms and flooding. After going through 3 floods over the last two years in CHS, fortunately neither of our properties affected, I worry about years to come. Seeing lots of listings in the MLS of properties in all areas surrounding us that either I know flooded or may have for sale. Two houses downtown historic district given approval by the BAR to be raised with more to come. Hope you get to tour it. Check back in and let us know what it's like. 5 weeks wouldn't be enough for me to purchase something that expensive! Would they be consecutive?

Beachclubmum

Reaction score
There is a mandatory building height off sea level, recently raised in the past couple of years. Like, it used to be 12' and now it's 14' (not sure if those are the exact numbers). You can't get flood insurance without it. Some places on KI get around it by building up the land underneath first. Interesting question re the hotel pool....you've given me lots of questions to ask!

PS. Glad you survived the flooding unscathed! The past couple of years have been epic.