• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

New to TUG and New to Wyndham - Introduction

Ninjaneer80

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation-Village Atalaya-Towers

RNCollins

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tradewinds, Divi, Quarter House, Casa Ybel
I have been looking at the RCI website, but I am not really sure if I understand when I look at places over seas, how do I figure out what my potentional points can get me

For example, my wife has always wanted to visit crete. Here is one random place I picked and I see its a gold crown. How do I figure out how many of my Wyndham points I need to stay there ?

https://www.rci.com/resort-directory/resortDetails?resortCode=6391

I thought I had the correct directory but I don’t.
Maybe someone can locate it.

Last edited:

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
I have been looking at the RCI website, but I am not really sure if I understand when I look at places over seas, how do I figure out what my potentional points can get me

This post (How do Wyndham points convert to RCI points?) has the points chart for Wyndham points as they're used in RCI, by unit size and season. The only way to know what season it's considered is to visit RCI via the Wyndham-RCI portal (not directly to the rci.com site) and see what the points requirements are for an available week.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
For example, my wife has always wanted to visit crete. Here is one random place I picked and I see its a gold crown. How do I figure out how many of my Wyndham points I need to stay there ?

https://www.rci.com/resort-directory/resortDetails?resortCode=6391

That resort doesn't appear to have any current exchange inventory. However, there are four other resorts on Crete that do have inventory. As best I can tell (the entire region should have the same seasons), April, May, September, and October look like high season. November and early December look like quiet. That's all that's showing for now, so there's no indication of what the summer months would be - high or prime, or even if they'd ever be available. Also, of the current resorts with inventory, it's all studios and 1 bedrooms.

Ninjaneer80

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Ahhhh that sucks , there is 6 of us total that travel at a minimum we need 2 rooms

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

puppymommo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi Ninjaneer80, Do you have a specific resort in Crete that you would like to visit? Somewhere there is a RCI directory that lists the TPU/Points value for the resorts. We can check it for you.

Ninjaneer80, please don't allow people to confuse you by talking about TPU or RCI points. These are irrelevant because you are talking about accessing an RCI resort with Wyndham points. With Wyndham you don't have TPU or RCI points. It is very confusing. With Wyndham points you always use the grid that you mentioned earlier, .
https://b2b.rci.com/post-wvr-en_US/home/wvr-exchange-points-chart.page

If that resort in Crete, for example, was available for exchange, a week in prime season a studio would be 90,000, a one bedroom 126,000, a two bedroom 205,000, a three bedroom 300,000. Remember this is Wyndham points, not RCI points. The points value (shown on the grid) is always the same no matter the resort.

WyndhamBarter

TUG Member
Reaction score
And just for completeness, here are the four resorts in Crete currently
showing availability for Wyndham points exchange (note the S and 1
codes for Studio and 1BR only):

Screen Shot 2018-11-07 at 2.11.10 PM.png

Ninjaneer80

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Ninjaneer80, please don't allow people to confuse you by talking about TPU or RCI points. These are irrelevant because you are talking about accessing an RCI resort with Wyndham points. With Wyndham you don't have TPU or RCI points. It is very confusing. With Wyndham points you always use the grid that you mentioned earlier, .
https://b2b.rci.com/post-wvr-en_US/home/wvr-exchange-points-chart.page

If that resort in Crete, for example, was available for exchange, a week in prime season a studio would be 90,000, a one bedroom 126,000, a two bedroom 205,000, a three bedroom 300,000. Remember this is Wyndham points, not RCI points. The points value (shown on the grid) is always the same no matter the resort.
Thank you that is good to know, I have that chart saved in my notes, i was curious if it literally translateed points like that world wide .

Since i can't log into RCI yet i was curious.... Awesome thanks !

Ninjaneer80

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
And just for completeness, here are the four resorts in Crete currently
showing availability for Wyndham points exchange (note the S and 1
codes for Studio and 1BR only):

View attachment 8950
Once i get a login to RCI, can i start searching for 2 or 3 bedrooms locations ?

Since there is 6 of us, that would be ideal to search for big places

Ninjaneer80

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
What's an example in Europe ?

Places like france and Germany I will be interested in since I am physically in England

Sent from my mobile using Tapatalk

Ninjaneer80

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
What's it mean when it says X check in nights available

WyndhamBarter

TUG Member
Reaction score
if it was prime session would be 205K Wyndham points ?

Yes, I believe so. Based on the chart you posted earlier,
and also here's the specific answer for that Hinterzarten
2BR for a couple of dates. Prime vs not prime, I think.

Screen Shot 2018-11-09 at 4.18.10 PM.png

WyndhamBarter

TUG Member
Reaction score
when it says X check in nights available

That's how many specific dates are available in that time range for
check-in. Remember, these are exchange units - so often the
available weeks (or days) are scattered few and far between.

Also some units are only available for a full week, and others
can be reserved for a subrange of days.

I once got into Manhattan Club -- but it is so popular that almost
never happens.

Ninjaneer80

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Yes, I believe so. Based on the chart you posted earlier,
and also here's the specific answer for that Hinterzarten
2BR for a couple of dates. Prime vs not prime, I think.

View attachment 8982
Awesome ! Glad to see it works like that. All this helped me understand I use my points as is and dont exchange them into something else.

I wonder why the occupancy rate is different on these 2 dates