• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

New TV fun...

SandyPGravel

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin St. John Plat+
2 BR-VGV
Westin St. John Plat
2 BR-BV
So DH & I took advantage of black Friday pricing and picked up a new TV. 65" TCL, nice TV. TV has a great picture, built in Roku...no complaints. But, the mount we had for the wall wasn't meant for a 65" TV, even though the weight of the TV supposedly fell into the mounts range.

So, I bought a new TV mount. We took the TV down. (Emphasize the WE part of that sentence.) Then while I'm at work he decides to attach the new bracket to the back of the TV. No biggie except the TV ended up slipping, falling and cracked the screen.

Good news is we bought the TV with the Chase Sapphire Reserve card which comes with Chase Sapphire Reserve purchase protection covers you for up to $10,000 per item if something you buy with Reserve gets lost, stolen or damaged within 120 days of purchase. Chase will repair the item, order you a new one or give you a refund, whichever is cheaper. So instead of me stroking out when I found out what happened I made him call his credit card company. (Also informed him I'm the bestest wife ever because A) I didn't explode, B) I was aware of the CSR policy {Thanks TUG & TPG!!})

Now for the fun part...filling out the paperwork. Called the CC company they referred us to the website with the form we had to fill out. Took pictures (which is difficult to do on a tv screen that is cracked, not broken in pieces) sent pictures and copy of the receipt. First issue, we used the CSR and two $100 gift cards to purchase the TV. They were confused by the multiple CC #'s. Then we have to get a repair estimate. So he calls TCL. Takes a couple days to get through. Then they say he has to call another number...another few days before they inform him TCL doesn't have replacement screens. So the TV is not repairable. But, we need that in writing. Called Best Buy they confirm TCL policy, but won't provide the letter.

Called the claim center again. Asked what are we supposed to do. She suggested contacting more "TV repair shops". Seriously what century is she living in? Gonna try calling U Break We Fix to see what they can do. They fixed my cell phone (under warranty) was going to fix DH tablet until they realized the screen wasn't broken, the tempered glass screen protector was broken, no charge. Nice place, I highly recommend them.

She did say she would note in our file what he said about TCL not being repairable.

And the saga continues...

SandyPGravel

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin St. John Plat+
2 BR-VGV
Westin St. John Plat
2 BR-BV
No, he's kinda in H**L making all the phone calls. :p

SandyPGravel

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin St. John Plat+
2 BR-VGV
Westin St. John Plat
2 BR-BV
:thumbup:I kept it completely to myself...for about 3 hours.:p

wackymother

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
You're making me nervous. We just put a TV up on the wall. It looks okay but it won't hold the right angle--it keeps angling down more than we want.

wackymother

TUG Member
Reaction score
Also, I have to put in a word for Amex here. We once had a printer break after almost two years. It had a one-year warranty and then Amex doubled the warranty. We called Amex and told them it had broken and showed them the purchase on our Amex bill. Amex said, "We will credit your account, throw the printer away or whatever you want." We were impressed!

SandyPGravel

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin St. John Plat+
2 BR-VGV
Westin St. John Plat
2 BR-BV
You're making me nervous. We just put a TV up on the wall. It looks okay but it won't hold the right angle--it keeps angling down more than we want.

That's the exact reason I purchased the new wall mount.

SandyPGravel

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin St. John Plat+
2 BR-VGV
Westin St. John Plat
2 BR-BV
I also bought a 75" Sony tv over black friday, but elected to have Best Buy install it for me and they did a fantastic job.

Would have been fine if it was WE, but since it ended up HE, that's where the problem came from. That one little letter.:p

SandyPGravel

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin St. John Plat+
2 BR-VGV
Westin St. John Plat
2 BR-BV
The retailer that I purchased from asked if it looked like it was possibly damaged when we got it home (Wink-Wink) I thanked them for the offer, but hopefully the CC will take care of our negligence. The retailer was kind enough to sell us another TV for the Black Friday price even though it was a week later. I was very happy with that.:clap:

Hopefully DH learned his lesson...but I doubt it.:rolleyes:

wackymother

TUG Member
Reaction score
That's the exact reason I purchased the new wall mount.

Really? It seems to be in pretty firmly, just the top of the TV has angled forward more than I would like. It's not continuing to move...I don't think. I wonder if I could get a hook or something to pull the top back up.

SandyPGravel

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin St. John Plat+
2 BR-VGV
Westin St. John Plat
2 BR-BV
Really? It seems to be in pretty firmly, just the top of the TV has angled forward more than I would like. It's not continuing to move...I don't think. I wonder if I could get a hook or something to pull the top back up.

I didn't like that it was continuing to tilt one way. I decided $40 for a new mount was peace of mind.(Look what that got me:oops:) Ours was fine on the wall, the bracket attached to the TV was our weak point.

bluehende

TUG Member
Reaction score
It is all a matter of perspective. I say it was your fault for not being there to help :):):):)o_O

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
So DH & I took advantage of black Friday pricing and picked up a new TV. 65" TCL, nice TV. TV has a great picture, built in Roku...no complaints. But, the mount we had for the wall wasn't meant for a 65" TV, even though the weight of the TV supposedly fell into the mounts range.

So, I bought a new TV mount. We took the TV down. (Emphasize the WE part of that sentence.) Then while I'm at work he decides to attach the new bracket to the back of the TV. No biggie except the TV ended up slipping, falling and cracked the screen.

Good news is we bought the TV with the Chase Sapphire Reserve card which comes with Chase Sapphire Reserve purchase protection covers you for up to $10,000 per item if something you buy with Reserve gets lost, stolen or damaged within 120 days of purchase. Chase will repair the item, order you a new one or give you a refund, whichever is cheaper. So instead of me stroking out when I found out what happened I made him call his credit card company. (Also informed him I'm the bestest wife ever because A) I didn't explode, B) I was aware of the CSR policy {Thanks TUG & TPG!!})

Now for the fun part...filling out the paperwork. Called the CC company they referred us to the website with the form we had to fill out. Took pictures (which is difficult to do on a tv screen that is cracked, not broken in pieces) sent pictures and copy of the receipt. First issue, we used the CSR and two $100 gift cards to purchase the TV. They were confused by the multiple CC #'s. Then we have to get a repair estimate. So he calls TCL. Takes a couple days to get through. Then they say he has to call another number...another few days before they inform him TCL doesn't have replacement screens. So the TV is not repairable. But, we need that in writing. Called Best Buy they confirm TCL policy, but won't provide the letter.

Called the claim center again. Asked what are we supposed to do. She suggested contacting more "TV repair shops". Seriously what century is she living in? Gonna try calling U Break We Fix to see what they can do. They fixed my cell phone (under warranty) was going to fix DH tablet until they realized the screen wasn't broken, the tempered glass screen protector was broken, no charge. Nice place, I highly recommend them.

She did say she would note in our file what he said about TCL not being repairable.

Geez- just as bad as health insurance companies......

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent

Why didn’t you just take it back to Costco?

Dave

SandyPGravel

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin St. John Plat+
2 BR-VGV
Westin St. John Plat
2 BR-BV
Because it wasn't damaged when I picked it up and the retailer (wink-wink)shouldn't have to eat the cost. Like I mentioned the manager offered & I declined his offer.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

SandyPGravel

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin St. John Plat+
2 BR-VGV
Westin St. John Plat
2 BR-BV
Received an update from CSR today. We were refunded part of the purchase price. We used 2 - $100 gift cards and the remainder was placed on the card. Currently calling to see what CSR has to say...

CSR says only the portion charged to the card is covered. Not what I was expecting. The item isn't covered, portion of purchase price is covered.

So I'm wondering if the trip insurance works the same way. Only refund you would receive is the portion you charge to the card.

Last edited:

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Because it wasn't damaged when I picked it up and the retailer (wink-wink)shouldn't have to eat the cost. Like I mentioned the manager offered & I declined his offer.

The thing is, they won’t eat the cost. Roughly 10% of any merchandise item Costco sells is factored into returns, for any and all reasons. That’s part of the 90-day no questions asked refund policy. They expect to get some things back, just like this. :)

Dave

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
The retailer that I purchased from asked if it looked like it was possibly damaged when we got it home (Wink-Wink)...

I once brought home a big mirrored closet door that likely cracked in my truck.
I said that I "found" it that way. The store contacted the distributor's rep.
He said: "The packaging was likely at fault," and brought me a new one.

Last edited:

geekette

Reaction score
UGH! This is what I would call A Big Fat Drag.

I'm so sorry.