• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

New York Manhattan

Tokapeba

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Mountainside, Worldmark, Ridge Tahoe
My wife and I are in Manhattan this week and would like to return next year. We would like to trade into a timeshare with a kitchen.

We have several timeshares, Worldmark, ridge tahoe and marriott park city. We would like to use the Worldmark to trade into Manhattan. Is trading into Manhattan possible?

I see that The Manhattan Club is on RCI. With the minimal research I did it looks like the place to stay if I want a kitchen.

Signing up for RCI and just hoping doesn’t cut it with me. I like II, but what can I get with a kitchen?

HudsHut

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
You can trade WM for the The Manhattan Club via RCI, but Manhattan Club only has a wetbar sink, a microwave, and a bar size refrigerator. No hot plate.
Via RCI, Manhattan Club charges a $54.51/day resort fee.

Tokapeba

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks. Is there any Manhattan timeshares that would have a minimal kitchen that I could trade into?

montygz

TUG Member
Reaction score
My wife and I are in Manhattan this week and would like to return next year. We would like to trade into a timeshare with a kitchen.

We have several timeshares, Worldmark, ridge tahoe and marriott park city. We would like to use the Worldmark to trade into Manhattan. Is trading into Manhattan possible?

I see that The Manhattan Club is on RCI. With the minimal research I did it looks like the place to stay if I want a kitchen.

Signing up for RCI and just hoping doesn’t cut it with me. I like II, but what can I get with a kitchen?

Some Wyndham Midtown 45 units have kitchenettes. New York is cramped and expensive, so any timeshares there are unlikely to be offering a full kitchen.

Janann

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC on the Boulevard, Las Vegas;
Disney's Saratoga Springs
Is there any Manhattan timeshares that would have a minimal kitchen that I could trade into?

I don't think there are any that have a stove and oven. This is due to fire regulations and/or requirements from the building's insurance company.

I've stayed at the Manhattan Club twice on an RCI exchange. Both times we had a one bedroom with two bathrooms. As mentioned, the kitchen space doesn't have a whole lot. But we found that a refrigerator and a microwave were the key items that we needed for bringing food back to our place.

The Manhattan Club has a sink, dishwasher, refrigerator, microwave and coffee maker. No toaster, stove, or oven.

jehb2

TUG Member
Reaction score
The Manhattan Club will confiscate your George Forman grill, slow cooker, rice cooker, etc. if they find it. A very nice bell man warned us.

RNCollins

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tradewinds, Divi, Quarter House, Casa Ybel
@Tokapeba
There are a few listings of units in NYC listed in the RCI directory. You could put in Ongoing Searches (OGS) for them and see what pops up.

I see you are enrolled in Interval? There are some NYC listings as well. Try an OGS for them too.

Tokapeba

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I see several with II. The Manhattan club penthouse is on II. The Marriott and two others. I don't hold out any hope for the Marriott, but will try for the Manhattan Club.

Airbnb looks like a good choice, but it’s expensive and hit or miss, I bet more miss than hit.

Thanks for the advice,
Andy.

tashamen

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Embarc points (former Club Intrawest), Trapp Family Lodge
Manhattan Club through II is neatly impossible to get, though I did snag a Getaway there a few years ago. I see the Marriott Pulse online every now and then, but doubt they have the kitchen you are looking for.

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
IF you want the kitchen because you want to cook yourself to save money then another option would be to rent from an owner at either The Hilton Club new york, West 57 street by hilton club or the Residence by Hilton Club

Staying at those properties gives you access to the lounge, which have free breakfast, free food between 5-7pm, wine, beer and soda.

You will however need to rent through an owner as booking through RCI does not give you access to the lounges.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score

Wyndham Midtown 45 is your best location you would be better off renting from a Presidential Reserve VIP that passes along the 60 day 50% discount if it works for you.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
If you are going to end up renting, look into the Radio City Apartments. These are serviced apartments, with the smallest being a studio and the largest being a two bedroom. They all have kitchens. We've been staying there the past few years and have been very pleased. Great location.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
If you have Hilton points or free Hilton credit card nights you can stay at the Conrad London across the street from the Midtown Hilton. It has some suites with kitchens.