• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Newbie Questions on Hilton Club NY \W57th

tombanjo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HCNY
Hi

I am certainly thankful for all the info I have read on here, but still aren't clear on a few things.

It looks like you can book single nights at either location depending on windows. What is reservation cost per reservation at each ? I saw you can upcharge a no reservation fee add on to club fee ($120?) at least at W57. Is it the same at Club NY ? And yes, the Club, By Hilton Club, and HGV Club make things confusing to say the least.

From what I understand, you can book rooms for cash in "Open Season" Is there a listing of typical rates somewhere ?

I saw a $85 housekeeping charge at under 3 nights at W57, is that the same at Club NY ? But that is not charged to OS reservations of 3 days or less ?

The same with a listing of points required, each season and room size points needed …. so I can if a studio in off season will stretch my point budget.

And finally, I assume you can't buy cheap points at a different location and use them to book at either W57 or the Club ? However, do the amenities (no reservation fee) move to other HGVC reservations if I use the cheap points at other non "nyc club" locations ?

Thanks for any info you can assist with

Smclaugh99

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Hilton Club
There were a lot of questions to unpack in your post. One thing that is important to note is that only owners of Hilton Club NYC can book at Hilton Club. That includes open season (rates are attached). Owners at West 57th, the Residences, and the District cannot book into Hilton Club even though they own “by Hilton Club” (bHC) points. It’s truly a club within a club. As such Hilton Club owners can only use their Hilton Club points to book and cannot use bonus points or other HGVC points. I had 36,000 bonus points from recent “upgrade” and many leftover 2018 club points but had to borrow 2019 Hilton Club points to book there this summer. Hilton Club points are “more valuable” in that you can convert any number to HHonors at 50:1 at any time. They also are more expensive at 28.3 cents per point for annual MF. You get daily maid service, no cleaning fee, lounge access, and no minimum night stay.

Here’s where it gets a little more confusing. About a year ago HGVC closed the loophole and unbundled their club points. Owners at West 57th and all other “by Hilton Club” properties (soon to be Charleston and Chicago and many more in the future) get bHC points that can be used during their long booking windows. Regular HGVC and Bonus points can be used at bHC properties BUT only in the 44 day booking window when the pickings are much more slim or nonexistent. This makes it silly to use the bHC points for regular HGVC (non bHC) resort bookings. It was for that reason that I got into buying resale for extra points to use at the less competitive resorts like those in Orlando where even last minute reservations are easy to come by.

I agree that the whole thing is confusing. Hope this helped a little bit.

Attachments

• 7639772D-55CB-4FE8-B6B6-1215E95D7E74.png
    7639772D-55CB-4FE8-B6B6-1215E95D7E74.png
    114 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:

tombanjo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HCNY
Thanks for your fast reply. In looking at the seasons, it is amazing the "low" season is just 3 weeks. There goes the idea of using points to get more stays by booking "off season" for those 3 weeks.

JohnPaul

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Internationale, HGVC - NYC, Worldmark, Shell Vacations, Sedona Pines, RCI Points, Starwood (Avon, CO)
Actually, New York low season is 12 weeks. The 6 weeks after New Year's and the last 2 weeks of July and all of August (approx).

Yes, at West 57th St and The Residences you can book as little as one night. If you book 3 or less nights at W 57th St there is an $85 charge. Only owners at these resorts can book Open Season with cash, although the prices are high.

The inclusive option (no reservation fees) is only available to owners of By Hilton Club Resorts (D.C., W 57th and The Residences).

tombanjo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HCNY
Thanks for the info --- So HC NY no housekeeping but reservation fee on each reservation. W57th, you can pay to take care of reservation fee, but on short stays you pay the $85. I was looking to try and do 4 short stays, 2 with week end days, and two non-week end. So any way I look at it I pay per reservation, either the fee to reserve, or HK. I know I'm cheap, but like to know what my costs are going to be.

Smclaugh99

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Hilton Club
Thanks for the info --- So HC NY no housekeeping but reservation fee on each reservation. W57th, you can pay to take care of reservation fee, but on short stays you pay the $85. I was looking to try and do 4 short stays, 2 with week end days, and two non-week end. So any way I look at it I pay per reservation, either the fee to reserve, or HK. I know I'm cheap, but like to know what my costs are going to be.

I may be wrong but if you own at HCNY or West 57th, I dont think there are reservation/booking fees with any resort reservation. I haven’t paid a reservation fee in years.

GT75

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
I dont think there are reservation/booking fees with any resort reservation.

Owners at 57th Street Vacation Suites, HC Suites (also known as The Residences by Hilton Club) and TD Suites (also known as The District by Hilton Club) may be offered an inclusive payment option that includes annual Club Dues ($290 for Members residing in the U .S . or Canada and $315 for Members residing outside the U .S . or Canada), plus unlimited Home Resort Priority, by Hilton Club Priority, and Club reservation fees priced at $80 or less .

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Owners at 57th Street Vacation Suites, HC Suites (also known as The Residences by Hilton Club) and TD Suites (also known as The District by Hilton Club) may be offered an inclusive payment option that includes annual Club Dues ($290 for Members residing in the U .S . or Canada and $315 for Members residing outside the U .S . or Canada), plus unlimited Home Resort Priority, by Hilton Club Priority, and Club reservation fees priced at $80 or less .

Just to follow up.

If you have the AI membership then you can make unlimited bookings at any resort without paying any additional fee.

If you don’t have the AI you pay as everyone else.

Denise L

Tug Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Starwood/Vistana, Disney, Hyatt, HGVC
Just to follow up.

If you have the AI membership then you can make unlimited bookings at any resort without paying any additional fee.

If you don’t have the AI you pay as everyone else.

If I find a W57 resale and close by the end of the year, and let's say I might only need to make one reservation before the end of 2018, can I just opt not to pay the AI this year and pay it next year?

I already pay the $170 Club Dues for my Elara contract, so the AI would be an additional $120. Since a reservation fee is $65 and I wouldn't plan to cancel, seems like I would save a little not paying into AI until 2019.

What else is included in AI besides unlimited reservations and no cancellation fees outside of 30 days?

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
If I find a W57 resale and close by the end of the year, and let's say I might only need to make one reservation before the end of 2018, can I just opt not to pay the AI this year and pay it next year?

I already pay the $170 Club Dues for my Elara contract, so the AI would be an additional $120. Since a reservation fee is $65 and I wouldn't plan to cancel, seems like I would save a little not paying into AI until 2019.

What else is included in AI besides unlimited reservations and no cancellation fees outside of 30 days?

Per default you won’t get the AI, you have to call and ask for it. You can do one year with AI and the next without. The years you don’t want AI you have to call and inform a counselor.

Denise L

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Per default you won’t get the AI, you have to call and ask for it. You can do one year with AI and the next without. The years you don’t want AI you have to call and inform a counselor.

Thanks for clarifying how to activate AI. Does it only cover the booking and cancellation fees, oh, and guest certificates?

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for clarifying how to activate AI. Does it only cover the booking and cancellation fees, oh, and guest certificates?
Only the booking fee. As there aren’t any cancellations fees only the loss of a booking fee you can say that is covered too.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Only the booking fee. As there aren’t any cancellations fees only the loss of a booking fee you can say that is covered too.

Just to clarify, similar to the rest of HGVC there is a cancellation fee if inside the 30 day window before the stay.

Last edited:

Denise L

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Just to clarify, similar to the rest of HGVC there is a cancellation fee if inside the 30 day window before the stay.

So does AI only cover booking fees, not any guest certificates? And there are no cancellation fees for anyone except at 30 days or less, but non-AI members would be out their booking fee. And we get around the cancellation fee by moving the reservation out at least 31 days and then cancelling it?

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Your understanding is correct. And yes NYC owners can also move the reservation out.

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score

Which fee is that? I only thought you lost your booking fee and then part of your points if cancelled within 31days.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
My apologies @Cyberc You are correct. I was confusing cancellation fee with points loss. However it all goes back to $ loss at the end of the day. :)

Last edited: