• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Newbie Urgent Request for Help - Signing contract at Marriott Surf Club 1/9

lmwhitman

Reaction score
When exchanging I have put my week in early and I choose the best high demand week possible and then do a request first for what I want. I have always gotten what I wanted. I have not had to pay any exchange fees since I joined the Vacation Club. Your club dues pay for your Interval International membership, your exchanges, your locking off of your unit, and trading for Marriott Rewards Points.

The other difference is you pay for II membership, you pay for any lockoff, and you pay for the exchange. In years you do this, you will pay more than you would on an enrolled week since internal exchanges are free if enrolled. But since you said you would occupy 50%+ of the time, it does not matter much as you will be ahead.

I am confused as to whether or not exchange fees need to be paid. When I googled Club Dues, I found that enrolled weeks can pay a $175 fee which covers a package of individual fees approximating $300/year. Are Club Dues available for unenrolled weeks?

Are there any other annual fees due besides MF?

After splitting the 2 bedroom, how much are fees to upgrade from studio to 1 and 2 bedroom, or from 1 to 2 bedroom?

Thanks again,
Larry

Last edited:

bazzap

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I am confused as to whether or not exchange fees need to be paid. When I googled Club Dues, I found that enrolled weeks can pay a $175 fee which covers a package of individual fees approximating $300/year. Are Club Dues available for unenrolled fees?

After splitting the 2 bedroom, how much are fees to upgrade from studio to 1 and 2 bedroom, or from 1 to 2 bedroom?

Thanks again,
Larry
$175 must be from an old posting google has found.
Club dues are now from $205 per annum dependent on Ownel level.
These dues, the corporate Interval account (and most fees this covers) that you get with them are only for enrolled weeks.

Last edited:

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am confused as to whether or not exchange fees need to be paid. When I googled Club Dues, I found that enrolled weeks can pay a $175 fee which covers a package of individual fees approximating $300/year. Are Club Dues available for unenrolled weeks?

Thanks again,
Larry

Yep, you will pay an annual membership to II as unenrolled user (price variable, one year base price is $99 eff Jan 1 2019), you will pay a lockoff fee ($80) if you choose to split a non enrolled week into 2 weeks, you will pay an exchange fee for each of those 2 weeks ($159? for MVCI, $209 elsewhere eff Jan 1 2019), unit size upgrade fee (amount variable depending on your II membership level, $99 per level at most could be as low as $59 per level). Potentially guest certificate fees, cancel/change fee. Just read the FAQ: https://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php?threads/faq-marriott-vacation-club-weeks-system.391/. That document seems to be wrong as far as the fees and needs to be corrected. They can add up. Since all our weeks are enrolled, we pay the annual club dues, but most of the rest are included. With multiple weeks, it adds up. Being enrolled with 2 weeks and locking them both off can save:

2 Lockoff fees ($160)
1 Membership fee ($99)
4 exchange fees (savings dependent on staying at MVCI resorts and actually wanting to exchange) Not really sure what MVCI exchange fee is for 2019, I'll guess $159, someone can correct me) $636
====
Total $893 less my $245 club dues = $648 per year. Not insignificant for an exchanger. Of course, you also paid more for the timeshare if enrolled.

For an occupier, the savings are not there for an enrolled member as you don't necessarily ever need II.

bazzap

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is the latest Interval fees chart I found

Attachments

• IIFees010118.pdf
    430.6 KB · Views: 38

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score
That is last years. It changed again January 2019.

bazzap

TUG Member
Reaction score

bazzap

TUG Member
Reaction score

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score
OK, thanks.
So it seems that the unit size upgrade fees continue unchanged at $99 - $79 -$59

Yes, something didn't go up!

suzannesimon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Frenchman's Cove, Hyatt Sunset Harbor, Harborside at Atlantis, Marriott Aruba Surf Club, Marriott Grande Ocean, Westin Kierland Villas, Westin Lagunamar
Looks like Platinum ocean view weeks are renting for around $3800 which is more than double the maintenance fees. I would never deposit my Surf Club in Interval. If you don’t want to stay there, rent it and rent wherever you want to go. You’ll never have to sweat whether a trade will come through in time.

bazzap

TUG Member
Reaction score
Looks like Platinum ocean view weeks are renting for around $3800 which is more than double the maintenance fees. I would never deposit my Surf Club in Interval. If you don’t want to stay there, rent it and rent wherever you want to go. You’ll never have to sweat whether a trade will come through in time.
For sure, some MVC resorts / seasons / views make no sense to trade through Interval.
Others, especially when locked off, can give you a really good return though, e.g. Grand Chateau.