• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Newbie wanting to buy resale!

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
With resale Outrigger benefits transfers with the Ownership!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It transferred with ours and we bought it resale.

Last edited:

BibbityBoppity

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fairfield Mountains
Makai Club
That’s what I’m saying lol it transfers to the new owner

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bonnet Creek, Cypress Palms Wyndham
Hi. Did purchasing the added deeds/points put you in VIP status with Wyndham?

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Rephrasing the above question, after transfer to the account, did it show up as developer creditable points for VIP purposes?

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
Hi. Did purchasing the added deeds/points put you in VIP status with Wyndham?

Resale does not count towards VIP. Has to be retail bought points or PIC points.

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
One frequent poster, formally a mega-renter, if I remember right, had indicated in a number of posts awhile ago that there was a HI resort that sometimes could be bought re-sale and have the points count toward VIP status. It was my understanding from this poster's subsequent posts that that had changed.

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
It was Kauai Beach Villas, one the Pahio resorts that Wyndham acquired about 10+ years ago. For some reason - I think it was a loophole the local sales office figured out - they were letting resale contracts convert their week to points as part of a retail purchase. They were still doing it in 2015, don’t know about any changes since then.

I believe there are other acquired resorts where existing owners are offered similar opportunities - Smugglers Notch and Plantation SC come to mind. Perhaps one of those sales offices figure out something similar.

Obviously there is a little bit of risk involved, as you have to be on the deed to close the deal.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
All points get Housekeeping credits except presidential reserve. PR member have to buy a minimum of one million points which puts them at platinum level. All VIPS get unlimited house keeping credits.

Also, ALL points are Club Wyndham Plus points. Club Wyndham Plus is the name of the whole program. Club Wyndham Access points fall under that umbrella. Club Wyndham Select (aka deeded) also fall under the Club Wyndham Plus umbrella. They all get 1 housekeeping credit per 1,000 points.

and UDI and converted weeks fall under Club Wyndham Select

I think you and I are the only two on this tread that understand the organization of the club

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
and UDI and converted weeks fall under Club Wyndham Select

I think you and I are the only two on this tread that understand the organization of the club

I think you might be right. I think most of the confusion is from resellers who don't know the difference and call deeded points Club Wyndham access, and sales people who like to confuse people. Then you have the people repeating that inaccurate information that was given to them.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
One frequent poster, formally a mega-renter, if I remember right, had indicated in a number of posts awhile ago that there was a HI resort that sometimes could be bought re-sale and have the points count toward VIP status. It was my understanding from this poster's subsequent posts that that had changed.

That poster to whom you refer, did indeed say that

Actually it wasnt just that resort, it was as near as I could tell all the converted weeks from all the Pahio resorts. as well as all the points from the affiliate resorts, that counted toward VIP>>

There was a day that you could take Pahio weeks and convert them to VIP points with a small developer purchase, There were several posting on tug that did an unlimited number of weeks with one small developer purchase. By the time that that megarenter to whom you refer did it, he was limited to three conversed weeks with one 63000 purchase, but he did it twice

Another owner and that poster to whom you refer, figured out there were certain converted week contracts that would transfer (resale) with VIP eligible points. They were able to build VIP accounts at will, with ebay purchases

As you say, Wyndham found them out when reviewing accounts after the Great Suspension of 2016 and closed the loophole

It is my belief however that they closed the loophole by doing some manual check in the transfer dept as part of each transfer. My bet is that given the turnover rate at Wyndham, that the time will come that no one remembers to do this check, and that once again you will be able to make VIP accounts with resale purchases

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
That poster to whom you refer, did indeed say that

Actually it wasnt just that resort, it was as near as I could tell all the converted weeks from all the Pahio resorts. as well as all the points from the affiliate resorts, that counted toward VIP>>

There was a day that you could take Pahio weeks and convert them to VIP points with a small developer purchase, There were several posting on tug that did an unlimited number of weeks with one small developer purchase. By the time that that megarenter to whom you refer did it, he was limited to three conversed weeks with one 63000 purchase, but he did it twice

Another owner and that poster to whom you refer, figured out there were certain converted week contracts that would transfer (resale) with VIP eligible points. They were able to build VIP accounts at will, with ebay purchases

As you say, Wyndham found them out when reviewing accounts after the Great Suspension of 2016 and closed the loophole

It is my belief however that they closed the loophole by doing some manual check in the transfer dept as part of each transfer. My bet is that given the turnover rate at Wyndham, that the time will come that no one remembers to do this check, and that once again you will be able to make VIP accounts with resale purchases

Thanks for clarifying the issue well. For people who have Pahio resorts in their accounts, What Wyndham Destinations point type is showing under their ownership type section of their on-line account?

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think you might be right. I think most of the confusion is from resellers who don't know the difference and call deeded points Club Wyndham access, and sales people who like to confuse people. Then you have the people repeating that inaccurate information that was given to them.

Nothing wrong with people reporting in this forum what the salespeople are saying at what resort. If the

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
Nothing wrong with people reporting in this forum what the salespeople are saying at what resort. If the

There is if it’s inaccurate information that is being portrayed as fact.

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
If the information reported attributed to a salesperson is wrong or misleading, I am sure other posters will correct it. This, I would think, would be a good thing for others going to presentations to know.

flindberg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Bali Hai
Wyndham Ka Eo Kai
Wyndham is not Diamond.
With Wyndham, buying resale is the way to go. You can get points contracts with low maintenance fees for next to nothing.
I'm curious as to where you found "points contracts with low maintenance fees for next to nothing." MF's on my 3 Wyndham contract's are sky high...

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm curious as to where you found "points contracts with low maintenance fees for next to nothing." MF's on my 3 Wyndham contract's are sky high...
Although I haven’t purchased anything in a while, eBay was the place to find low priced contracts. Not ever auction to be sure, but if you participate in enough you can score some pretty good deals there

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access

Which resorts do you own at and how many points at each of them? Our combined maintenance fees at the 3 resorts own at are $5.02 per thousand points which includes the program fee. And we pay a higher program fee because we are presidential reserve. With program fees of .56 instead of the .64 per thousand for the first million points and .58 per thousand points for everything over that first million we pay, that would bring the combined maintenance fees down to $4.97 per thousand points.

As Ron P. said eBay is a good place to look. Also keep an eye on the Bargain Deals under the Buying, Selling, Renting forum here on TUG. Some of the resellers on eBay have their own websites and you can sometimes get better deals on their websites. Sumday is one of them and you can check out their website and contact them directly.

Last edited:

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
I got Outrigger as well but then someone mentioned a discount rate. Outrigger was on that list for a fraction of the price that the MF would be since the points needed is ridiculous.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
some (not all ) the free or low cost ones have maintenance fees that are high, so just keep an eye on those. occasionally you will get lucky and find something with decent maintenance fees. Timeshare nation also does giveaways, but the fees tend to be high on those. Don't rule them out entirely because you could get lucky. I find eBay has the best deals too. Look at the completed listings for ones that have not sold, and make an offer. That's how I got my 308,000 anual Branson contract for $1. Six months later someone paid $510 for the same 308,000 point contract. You can even make offers on ones that are still active. That show I got my EOY 308,000 Bali Hai for $1795 out the door when they were charging $3,000, plus closing costs, transfer fee, and six months of maintenance fees. It ended up being about $5,000 total costs. If you are going to make an offer lower then the asking price, make sure you have a reason for offering something lower. In my case, the cost per 1,000 points was higher then what other Bali Hai biennials were going for. Much higher. When i made the offer, in the comments I explained the bases for why I thought what i was offering, was a fair asking price. I used other auctions as examples of why i was making that offer. In the end, they agreed. So i saved about $3,200 by making a different offer and providing a reason for why i was offering a lower price. A little effort pays off.

schoolmarm

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham CWA, Bali Hai, and National Harbor; Summit at Massanutten
Thanks for clarifying the issue well. For people who have Pahio resorts in their accounts, What Wyndham Destinations point type is showing under their ownership type section of their on-line account?

My Bali-Hai deed shows as Club Wyndham Select and Outrigger.

flindberg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Bali Hai
Wyndham Ka Eo Kai
Thanks, Jan. I appreciate your taking time to respond! I have 511,000 annual points = all on Kauai. I'm not looking to acquire more. I was just curious what people had that they considered 'low or next to nothing' mfs. Your and Ron P's responses help give me a little perspective. Do you consider your annual expense worth it? My mfs + Program fee comes out to around $5.30 per 1000points. To me it just seems like an awful lot to spend - especially when it gets increased every year! I have not had any luck with renting to help offset the costs...
Thanks again for the response!

flindberg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Bali Hai
Wyndham Ka Eo Kai
Although I haven’t purchased anything in a while, eBay was the place to find low priced contracts. Not ever auction to be sure, but if you participate in enough you can score some pretty good deals there
Thanks Ron, I appreciate your response!

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access

Flindberg I think $5.30 per thousand is good. So you paid $2708.30 this year for your 511k points. If you owned at Bonnet Creek, a resort a lot of people like to own at, you would have paid $3285.73 for those 511k points, $5.87 plus a program fee of .56 per thousand if all your deeds are resale or $3295.95 with .58 per thousand if you bought developer. With Club Wyndham Access you would have paid either $3229.52 or $3239.74, $5.76 + .56 or .58. That means the people who own at Bonnet Creek or CWA paid anywhere from $578.20-$521.22 more than you did on the same number of points as you own. And there are resorts with even higher maintenance fees that Bonnet Creek or Club Wyndham Access.

From the numbers posted for 2018 here are a few resorts you could have paid even more if you owned at.
Ocean Boulevard I - $6.03 + either .56 or .58 for 511k points would have been $3367.49-$3377.71
Pagosa Teal Landing - $6.08 + either .56 or .58 for 511k points would have been $3393.04-$3403.26
Royal Vista - $6.15 + either .56 or .58 for 511k points would have been $3428.81-$3439.03
The Cottages - $6.53 + either .56 or .58 for 511k points would have been $3622.99-$3633.21
Nashville - $6.87 + either .56 or .58 for 511k points would have been $3796.73-$3806.95 The people who own at Nashville paid $1088.43-$1098.65 more than you did for the same number of points!

I didn't see figures for 2018 but in 2017 some other high maintenance fee resorts are: Skyline Tower, Branson Falls, Meadows and Mountain Vista, Cypress Palms, Ocean Walk, Bay Club, Majestic Sun, Fairfield Glade, Glacier Canyon, Westwinds, Palm-Aire, Governor's Green, Tamarack. There are likely some others with higher fees also but these are the ones I saw when I quickly scanned the sticky for 2017 maintenance fees. And some were even higher than Nashville.

This should give you perspective about what you pay and hopefully make you feel a whole lot better about what you own!

Last edited:

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
Flindberg I think $5.30 per thousand is good. So you paid $2708.30 this year for your 511k points. If you owned at Bonnet Creek, a resort a lot of people like to own at, you would have paid $3285.73 for those 511k points, $5.87 plus a program fee of .56 per thousand if all your deeds are resale or $3295.95 with .58 per thousand if you bought developer. With Club Wyndham Access you would have paid either $3229.52 or $3239.74, $5.76 + .56 or .58. That means the people who own at Bonnet Creek or CWA paid anywhere from $578.20-$521.22 more than you did on the same number of points as you own. And there are resorts with even higher maintenance fees that Bonnet Creek or Club Wyndham Access.

From the numbers posted for 2018 here are a few resorts you could have paid even more if you owned at.
Ocean Boulevard I - $6.03 + either .56 or .58 for 511k points would have been $3367.49-$3377.71
Pagosa Teal Landing - $6.08 + either .56 or .58 for 511k points would have been $3393.04-$3403.26
Royal Vista - $6.15 + either .56 or .58 for 511k points would have been $3428.81-$3439.03
The Cottages - $6.53 + either .56 or .58 for 511k points would have been $3622.99-$3633.21
Nashville - $6.87 + either .56 or .58 for 511k points would have been $3796.73-$3806.95 The people who own at Nashville paid $1088.43-$1098.65 more than you did for the same number of points!

I didn't see figures for 2018 but in 2017 some other high maintenance fee resorts are: Skyline Tower, Branson Falls, Meadows and Mountain Vista, Cypress Palms, Ocean Walk, Bay Club, Majestic Sun, Fairfield Glade, Glacier Canyon, Westwinds, Palm-Aire, Governor's Green, Tamarack. There are likely some others with higher fees also but these are the ones I saw when I quickly scanned the sticky for 2017 maintenance fees. And some were even higher than Nashville.

This should give you perspective about what you pay and hopefully make you feel a whole lot better about what you own!

My Branson at the meadows is $6.13 not including the 56 or 58 cent per 1,000 program fee. 511k points would run them $3,132.43 without the program fee.

Last edited: