TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in as a member*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 25 years!

Join tens of thousands of other owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $11,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $11Million dollars
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. TUG is trying out a new program that will trade you a TUG membership for a Timeshare resort review if you are an expired member, or even just a guest here on the forums!

Read more here
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

Read more Here
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  8. TUG has now joined Priceline.com as an affiliate!

Members and guests who book air travel, rental cars and even Cruise Vacations thru TUG's priceline links will now support TUG in the process!

Read more here
  9. A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
    Dismiss Notice

Next resort system subforum?

Discussion in 'All Other Timeshare Systems' started by TUGBrian, Dec 19, 2018.

?

What Timeshare system should be the next TUG subforum?

1. Holiday Inn Club Vacations

14 vote(s)
    51.9%
  2. Bluegreen

8 vote(s)
    29.6%
  3. Westgate

1 vote(s)
    3.7%
  4. Welk

4 vote(s)
    14.8%
  1. TUGBrian

TUGBrian Administrator

with DRI making it into the big leagues, and Hyatt not far behind, what would be the next obvious choice for a subforum?

Given recent activity, it would appear HICV is the early winner, but ill make a poll just in case someone can make a valid case for another system.

HICV/BG/Westgate and Welk are the only major systems I see even mentioned in the past 5-10 pages of the main forum.

2. Panina

Panina TUG Review Crew: Elite TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Hgvc Eagles Nest, Hgvc Surf Club, Hgvc Indian River, Hgvc Anderson, Sunrise Bay & Club, Chetola, Gulf Tides, Jade Tree Cove, Banyan Resort, Blue Ridge Village
    Activity on the Facebook Bluegreen group I belong to is high. With a little nudging they might become tuggers.

Just for the record, I own at Blue Ridge Village, Banner Elk NC only fixed weeks. Bluegreen Now handles sales and management.

3. bizaro86

bizaro86 TUG Member

I think Holiday Inn would be a good choice.

4. Sandy VDH

Sandy VDH TUG Review Crew: Elite TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Wynd VIP Plat, HGVC Elite, HICV, + few others
    Holiday Inn has been growing via expansion. Global Choice is a interesting option.

5. pedro47

pedro47 TUG Review Crew: Expert TUG Member

I voted for BG because they have some very nice resorts in SC.

6. dioxide45

dioxide45 TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Marriott's Grande Vista
    Marriott's Harbour Lake
    SVV - Bella
    SVV - Key West
  7. T-Dot-Traveller

T-Dot-Traveller TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Mayan Palace Regency
    Taranova
    My 2 cents -based on regularly reading " recent posts"
    I voted for HICV Holiday Inn.

1) HICV has TUG activity in part because of the 2016 acquisition of Silverleaf .
    I would possibly list it as "including Silverleaf " so newbies looking for information post in the correct forum

2) Blue Green could be a future consideration - if they keep growing and remain independent.
    It is also is a points system ( now) & " how to best use " often requires the kind of knowledge base responses that TUG members are good at providing .

3)Welk is westcoast only and may be fine in that forum and the "all other" Forum

4)Westgate is somewhat Orlando concentric . There is regular TUG activity in the- how to get out of Westgate thread(s)
    Beyond that (IMO) - Westgate is a fairly easy system to buy resale & use ** . Buy a fixed week in a (large) 3 bedroom with a MF of approx $1200 in the Orlando area.
    Christmas , New Years , Presidents , Spring Break Weeks can be found on ebay VERY inexpensively / Never buy a float week as many benefits are stripped upon resale .
    If you ski & find a great winter Park City fixed week - same thing . (ditto Branson etc if you want & can use a specific fixed week ) Disconnect the room phone to avoid the sales weasels .
    ** TUG Wastegate reputation ignored (temporarily for this thread)

added -5) Vacation Villages - most questions posted are about the variety of resale / RCI points amounts (on fixed weeks) at Grandview or VV Parkway .These get regularly answered by experienced TUG members . Very few are about actual usage . (IMO) .

Last edited: Dec 20, 2018
  8. DrQ

DrQ TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    HICV, Westgate (second cousin, twice removed), Inverness by the Sea
    I think Holiday Inn Club Vacations (Orange Lakes Country Club, Silverleaf) has a wide interest because of the transition and they seem to want to become one of the major players in the industry. As such, I see there will probably be turmoil in their system.

Does HICV need the following resorts:
    • Lake O' the Woods
    • Ozark Mountain Resort
    • Holly Lake Resort
    • 2 resorts in Galveston
    • Orlando Breeze
    I think that there will probably be some changes made which will cause a great gnashing of teeth.

T-Dot-Traveller likes this.
  9. bizaro86

bizaro86 TUG Member

I agree that HICV seems to be one of the faster expanding companies. Also, they have the ability to offer hotel points, which I think is a big deal (there are some pretty nice Intercontinental Hotels).

Although I doubt they cut any resorts loose. What incentive would they have to do so? They collect fees for managing the resorts, can use them for sales, collect fees from people booking the resorts, and get another dot on the map. Even if they aren't popular, I doubt they'd shut them down because there would be no financial benefit to HICV to do so.

10. DrQ

DrQ TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    They would not shut them down, but sell them ... hmmmm.

I'm sure that they want to expand west, there could be some horse trading with another regional that wants to expand. If they could sell some resorts, it could make more capital available for expansion.

T-Dot-Traveller likes this.
  11. nuwermj

nuwermj TUG Member

I'm a member with both Bluegreen and Welk, but my sense is that HICV has the most traffic here. I think HICV should get the promotion.

12. TUGBrian

TUGBrian Administrator

there is nothing against adding more if applicable....HICV and BG were at the top of my list but i wanted to see if anything else had a valid shot at overtaking those!

13. eschjw

eschjw TUG Member

I voted for Bluegreen but HICV probably has the most active TUG members that are discussing that system. Good information on Bluegreen seems to be harder to find. I am a HICV owner who is close to the finish line on my deed back. A few of my friends are happy Bluegreen owners.

14. NiteMaire

NiteMaire Tug Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Marriott's Grand Ch√Ęteau,
    The Colonies at Williamsburg,
    Sheraton Vistana Resort (transfer pending)
    Agree with Vacation Village.

15. DrQ

DrQ TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Not to complain ... BUT, didn't HICV win?(At this time HICV was on top with 10 votes :ponder:)
    :)

Shankilicious and Sshine like this.
  16. Shankilicious

Shankilicious Guest

Resorts Owned:
    Welk Resorts
    and seems like HICV gets brought up a lot more often. I'm sure it'll be next.

17. dioxide45

dioxide45 TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Marriott's Grande Vista
    Marriott's Harbour Lake
    SVV - Bella
    SVV - Key West
    At the time the forum was created, was HIVC in front?

18. DrQ

DrQ TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    To be fair, I think at the time the BlueGreen subforum was created, they were tied.

Shankilicious likes this.