• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

No vacation left to plan for 2020

carpie99

TUG Member
Reaction score
I already have 2020 completely planned out ... Jan (Beaver Creek), Feb (Tahoe), May (Cancun), July (St. John), and Sept (Hawaii).

My vacation days are basically exhausted already for next year.

I am slightly depressed I don’t have anything to plan ... sounds ridiculous.

I might prepay one of my 2021 1 bedrooms just so I can participate

PamMo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm always so impressed by Tuggers who plan ahead for fantastic vacations with family and loved ones! I know too many people who work, work, work, and just can't ever seem to find the time to get away from the grind. I am so grateful for those special vacations I've been able to share with my family. Many times, I've found the perfect vacation thanks to advice from Tuggers.

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
We have already maxed out 2020 and I am having to resist making 2021 reservations. We are going to try see what pops up during the year. (Any bets on how long that will last, lol).

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
My vacation is going to be our move to our new home- a working vacation I guess.

But- we still will be going to our timeshares this summer and fall. Will probably be our last year for our Smuggs ones unless we change our minds, as we are applying for their Farewell Program for 2021.:( Bittersweet. But we are thinking we should probably downsize our timeshares along wit our home. Then will just have the one week an hour away from our new home.

So that's the plan for 2020. I don't anticipate traveling for a couple of years while we settle into our new area.

Last edited:

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Hyatt Beach House, Westin Kierland
I already have 2020 completely planned out ... Jan (Beaver Creek), Feb (Tahoe), May (Cancun), July (St. John), and Sept (Hawaii).

My vacation days are basically exhausted already for next year.

I am slightly depressed I don’t have anything to plan ... sounds ridiculous.

I might prepay one of my 2021 1 bedrooms just so I can participate
I totally get it! We did pre=pay 2021 and have used half of our points already and are out of Hyatt points which is bad as we own 3 Hyatts. We do have 4 accommodation certificates and no Hyatt points until the end of Jan to play with.

JohnPaul

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Internationale, HGVC - NYC, Worldmark, Shell Vacations, Sedona Pines, RCI Points, Starwood (Avon, CO)
You need to be retired. There is a lot packed in there so far but I'm just working on August as I await the booking window for New York.

Although I do have our standard two weeks in a cabin at Sunriver Oregon in September/October 2020 booked.

jabberwocky

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVR, SDO, WKORV-N, Westin Flex, HGVC (BLVD)
I'm left with 500 SO left for 2020 (they are actually leftovers that were banked until the end of 2021). We're already starting to plan what 2021 will look like.

For 2020 We've got a week booked for SVV in March and then two weeks at WKORV-N in June/July. We would have had about 35k more SO but we invited some friends of ours to join us at SVV and are covering their six days.

Only remaining item is that I may end up looking at renting a place in AZ or CA right after Christmas in Dec. '20 or I might end up borrowing some SO's from 2021.

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
We have 2020 packed fully except for Christmas. Already looking forward to 2021. Being tied to the school calendar ensures I am always planning.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
The only vacation firm is for Hawaii for my Granddaughter college graduation gift.

heathpack

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt High Sierra and Highland Inn
Disney’s Grand Californian and Hilton Head Island
Marriott Barony Beach and Mountainside
MVC Points
Sheraton Broadway Plantation
I am out of DVC points until 2021.
I am out of Hyatt points until June 2020.
I’ll book my next Marriott traders reservation in May 2020.
I can’t deposit another SBP week until Jan 2020.
I have some Marriott DC points but they’re mostly committed elsewhere.
And I have no deposits anywhere.

So I’m out of the game until Jan 1. Fingers crossed that I don’t miss out on a juicy sighting in the meantime.

I still need to decide on some travel though. We’re doing Carmel over New Years, and I just cancelled a March Carmel trip in lieu of Maui in May. But Jan to May is a long time to go tripless. So I’m thinking of planning something for Feb or March.

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
My vacation is going to be our move to our new home- a working vacation I guess.

But- we still will be going to our timeshares this summer and fall. Will probably be our last year for our Smuggs ones unless we change our minds, as we are applying for their Farewell Program for 2021.:( Bittersweet. But we are thinking we should probably downsize our timeshares along wit our home. Then will just have the one week an hour away from our new home.

So that's the plan for 2020. I don't anticipate traveling for a couple of years while we settle into our new area.
Don’t rush into getting rid of the timeshares. I just about did, but I dipped my toes back in the water and we still enjoy a change of scenery

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Don’t rush into getting rid of the timeshares. I just about did, but I dipped my toes back in the water and we still enjoy a change of scenery

Oh, I know. I thought the same. I know we need a change of scenery no matter where we live. We have thought about this for a couple of years now and a few recent things kind of pushed me to sign up this time.

One being an owner in another building talking on the Facebook group about a special assessment coming up by her HOA for the bathrooms- 1989 build. Got me thinking about ours- which is newer- but 1998. At our HOA meeting there was talk about replacing all the windows and locks in the building in 2021. Although reserves are good, who knows if they will be enough when the time comes?

Our close, old friends from here in NY who have the same week as us there are also going to give their's back after this year.

Our maintenance fees are going up $41 per week next year also.

Then after I signed us up for the 2021 take back program, I come to find out this week when listening in on our HOA meeting that that is the final year it will be offered. So I think it is the right decision taking advantage of it now. Just made it! Phew! And still not totally guaranteed we will get in, but most likely they said we will. We will hear more after the summer.

I think there will be other upcoming changes at the resort- possibly a buy out by a big ski company.

So I do think the timing will be right. We never exchanged our timeshare anyway. (except the floaters in the early ownership years). I am going to use that maintenance fee money for my MS MT Washington season passes and towards another yearly vacation. Plus we will keep the NH one as I mentioned and we can always exchange it to go elsewhere and use it for day use.

Not to mention we will be seniors on a so called fixed income. And our son can't take the timeshare over.

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
We have winter wrapped up regarding trips to warm areas. The rest of our winter weeks are in Mexico. Three of them will be in 2020 but I think we will likely do another three or four more before 2021.

Things that we noticed about our traveling are we like to stay an hour of our time zone, short flights and beach front. As of now, but it could change, I think we are not going back to Hawaii because of the long flight and time zone difference. We are in the Pacific time zone and actually don't have a problem going to eastern time zones. It is going ahead 2 or 3 hours that makes us rummy.

I think 2020 has 11 or 12 weeks we haven't reserved yet. We recently scored another two winter weeks with a possible banked week off the tug forum offerings. Then another scored week through a management mistake. Added to the four weeks we have it looks like eight weeks with the Villa Group if the possible banked week comes through. Two WM weeks and two VI weeks rounds it out.

And we still have a week in SFX to use this year. I think it expires summer 2020. None of the requests have hit. I'm not impressed with SFX.

Bill