• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Not sure how to post this

darhull

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bahia Principe Privilege Club, Akumal
Hi!

I'm brand new to this site and am wanting to sell my timeshare. We are with Bahia Principe but I don't think it's the one that keeps coming up on the drop down - or might the name have changed?

We have the Privilege club membership and unlimited weeks in the Lowest season. I'm not able to put in unlimited weeks...

Can you recommend a method for me to do that? And as I never see unlimited weeks. Any idea what kind of price I might be looking for?

Oh, we also have a crazy low maintenance fee of about $150/yr.

JudyS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Can you explain more about what you own? If you can get an unlimited number of weeks each year, do you pay a mandatory all-inclusive fee in addition to the fee of $150? If so, I suspect the main advantage of ownership is that timeshare owners can join exchange companies. But, one only needs one week per year (or one every two or three years) to join an exchange company.

All-inclusive resorts often don't give owners a discount on the all-inclusive fee at all. In fact, they may charge owners a higher AI fee than they charge people who book without owning. If the AI fee is just as higher for owners as non-owners, then the "unlimited weeks" are no better than just owning one week, and may actually be worse than not owing at all.

If your resort is mandatory all-inclusive, there is probably no point in listing it on the TUG Marketplace at all. It has zero value unless you can show that owners truly get a discount on the AI fees. If not, you'd be better off offering it on the Bargain Board for free.

I assume the $150 a year fee is required even in years that you decide not to go? And, does the resort charge a steep transfer fee? If it does, I'd ask if they'd take a deedback.

cheech

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bahia Principe Privilege Club, Royal Elite Vacation Club
I've posted this before, but I'll post it again. I own 4 of these contracts, 3 - gold 10 year agreements and 1 - 30 year Platinum. All in all I spent a grand total of $3 for the 4 of them. 3 on ebay for $1 each and 1 on timesharenation for free, previous seller paid transfer ($875) and closing costs ($200) so as far as price tag, unfortunately I'd say not much if anything.

darhull

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bahia Principe Privilege Club, Akumal
Thanks for your input folks. Not very encouraging, but also not terribly surprising. I have nothing in my contract about extra AI fees. I'll see about the deedback.

cheech

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bahia Principe Privilege Club, Royal Elite Vacation Club
Thanks for your input folks. Not very encouraging, but also not terribly surprising. I have nothing in my contract about extra AI fees. I'll see about the deedback.
The AI fees range by resort. Cheapest is San Jan at $48 pp/pn, on up to $152 pp/pn for Cayo Levantado.

JudyS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yeah, unfortunately, we have to give out bad news a lot here at TUG. Many timeshare developers are completely dishonest about the resale value of the timeshares they sell. However, if timeshares fit one's travel plans, just knowing about them may be worth losing some money on one's first purchase. A lot of TUG members bought their timeshares from a developer, but then found TUG and learned how to buy resale. They feel that the overall value they have received from timeshares is good, after averaging in their first developer purchase with later resale purchases, or after considering various deals they have gotten from the exchange companies.

As for there being something in the contract about All Inclusive fees, a lot of resorts outside the U.S. have added mandatory AI fees recently. I think maybe they can do that even if the contract says nothing about mandatory AI fees. My knowledge about AI fees at Bahia Principe comes from a quick perusal of their website. But, Cheech appears to be an expert, and he seems to be saying all Bahia Principe resorts are mandatory AI. That's what I thought, from looking at their website. They have a lot of Dominican Republic resorts, and pretty much all timeshares in the entire Dominican Republic have mandatory AI fees.

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
Hi!

I'm brand new to this site and am wanting to sell my timeshare. We are with Bahia Principe but I don't think it's the one that keeps coming up on the drop down - or might the name have changed?

We have the Privilege club membership and unlimited weeks in the Lowest season. I'm not able to put in unlimited weeks...

Can you recommend a method for me to do that? And as I never see unlimited weeks. Any idea what kind of price I might be looking for?

Oh, we also have a crazy low maintenance fee of about $150/yr.

I think you could just tell them your no longer interested and stop paying. They may give you a hard time but since they are not based in the USA and the membership is paid off it would be too much trouble to go after you for fees, imo.

I doubt its worth anything.

Bill