• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Number of contracts allowed under one member account.

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I believe it has been covered in the past, but has the number of total contracts allowed under one member account been stated? And did it change with new rules rolled out last May?

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
About a year ago I had a supervisor inform me of a lower cap on contracts in a single member number.
It must of been a rule under consideration and the supervisor jumped the gun and it wasn’t implemented.
I think Ron has said it was around 40 contracts in the past.
As far as I know there’s not a published rule on the cap of contracts in a member number

buckor

TUG Member
Reaction score
About a year ago I had a supervisor inform me of a lower cap on contracts in a single member number.
It must of been a rule under consideration and the supervisor jumped the gun and it wasn’t implemented.
I think Ron has said it was around 40 contracts in the past.
As far as I know there’s not a published rule on the cap of contracts in a member number
I remember some conversations on here about the time the new website rolled out saying there was a 10 contract max per account...i don't remember the source, or if it was just something Wyndham was considering, I just remember us having the conversation regarding what that might look like, say, someone has 10 resale deeds and deciding to purchase retail...what would Wyn do in that case since there would be 11 contracts in one account?

Would be interesting to know if that's on the books or not.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727AZ using Tapatalk

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
Perhaps the new rule is being implemented only on new accts.

Last edited:

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
After the new rules and new website I assisted a new owner in the purchase of a few contracts, we got him to moles than ten , but not as many as 40

In the past the limit was 40. Every time I got to 40 they opened a new account

I wonder why this is even a question. Are you planning to add to your account?

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I wonder why this is even a question. Are you planning to add to your account?

I am. I have a contract I’m wanting to buy for the ARP combined with lower MF. I currently have 17 contracts, many of them small contracts at Royal Vista. The allure of those was the ARP to get the ocean front rooms in the front building. Now the resort plays games with my reservations and moves my guests to rooms without the frontage. So I’m tired of that. And may sell them.

I’m hoping I can add one before selling the others.

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
<snip> small contracts at Royal Vista. The allure of those was the ARP to get the ocean front rooms in the front building. Now the resort plays games with my reservations and moves my guests to rooms without the frontage. <snip>.

Ever since the 'great improvement' creation of the universal agent at the front desk becoming the "hang tag" staff and check in staff as one body/management. Totally disregarding "do not move" noted ARP reservations. Call the inbound guests (Extra Holiday?) before arrival who DEMAND oceanfront and your 13 month advance "00" unit reservation becomes a lesser point 2/2 unit facing A1A (Ocean Drive). And you have to fight everyone to get taht point difference credit back to your account.

Not my favorite resort any more either.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am. I have a contract I’m wanting to buy for the ARP combined with lower MF. I currently have 17 contracts, many of them small contracts at Royal Vista. The allure of those was the ARP to get the ocean front rooms in the front building. Now the resort plays games with my reservations and moves my guests to rooms without the frontage. So I’m tired of that. And may sell them.

If you have a contract you would like to get a purchase agreement on I would move forward. Outside of my one case no one has posted a limit of less than 40 contracts in a membership.
A year ago I was told to pick which 10 contracts I wanted in my current membership as that was a new rule going into effect.
It became clear after discussions here the rule was not 10. As I posted I think the supervisor jumped the gun and the rule didn’t go into effect.
Whoever answers the phone when you call title-ownership transfers informed me last summer that they didn’t know of a limit on contracts in a single membership number.
I have since gone over 10 contracts myself. Ron states it was 40
It would be nice if title - ownership changes could actually answer the question.
If you call title and get a definitive answer it would be nice to know.

Last edited:

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
If you have a contract you would like to get a purchase agreement on I would move forward. Outside of my one case no one has posted a limit of less than 40 contracts in a membership.
A year ago I was told to pick which 10 contracts I wanted in my current membership as that was a new rule going into effect.
It became clear after discussions here the rule was not 10. As I posted I think the supervisor jumped the gun and the rule didn’t go into effect.
Whoever answers the phone when you call title-ownership transfers informed me last summer that they didn’t know of a limit on contracts in a single membership number.
I have since gone over 10 contracts myself. Ron states it was 40
It would be nice if title - ownership changes could actually answer the question.
If you call title and get a definitive answer it would be nice to know.

Thanks BD.

So, did your most recent contract purchase close and get added to your account?

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
My most recent one hasn’t transferred yet. But I did have several resale contracts transfer last fall with no problems. After that I also made a direct purchase to become Platinum.
Ounce my current purchase transfers I might need to sell a couple of contracts like you.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs

If you own at Royal Vista they should be treating you better and since you are a platinum and also a PR owner too? they should be taking very good care of you! You probably know the unit numbers at this resort and are adding them to your reservations when you make them. It is my understanding that if the unit you are requesting is unavailable when you are making the reservation then the system won't allow you to add that unit number. Unless there are last minute maintenance issues in that unit there really is no valid excuse for you or your guest not being in that unit.

I suggest going to the next annual meeting fro Royal Vista and talking to the board at this resort. It would also be a good idea to send a letter or email to all the members of the board about how you as an owner at Royal Vista are being treated at your home resort.

If I am remembering correctly Ron P. used to go to the resorts where he did the most of his rentals to meet and talk to the manager and staff.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you own at Royal Vista they should be treating you better and since you are a platinum and also a PR owner too? they should be taking very good care of you! You probably know the unit numbers at this resort and are adding them to your reservations when you make them. It is my understanding that if the unit you are requesting is unavailable when you are making the reservation then the system won't allow you to add that unit number. Unless there are last minute maintenance issues in that unit there really is no valid excuse for you or your guest not being in that unit.

I suggest going to the next annual meeting fro Royal Vista and talking to the board at this resort. It would also be a good idea to send a letter or email to all the members of the board about how you as an owner at Royal Vista are being treated at your home resort.

If I am remembering correctly Ron P. used to go to the resorts where he did the most of his rentals to meet and talk to the manager and staff.

Most of what I did at avenue plaza was over the phone, but I did make several visits

I also convinced them to let me attend all the board meetings via phone hook up.

jebloomquist

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bali Hai, Sedona, Panama City, Canterbury, Angel Fire, Royal Garden
I currently float between 35 and 37 contracts in my one account, giving some bad contracts to Ovations and buying better ones. Thus far I have had no problems from Wyndham with the number of contracts in my account.

Jim

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I currently float between 35 and 37 contracts in my one account, giving some bad contracts to Ovations and buying better ones. Thus far I have had no problems from Wyndham with the number of contracts in my account.

Jim

Thanks, Jim.

That is exactly what I was hoping to hear.

grab

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wyndham stopped adding to my member account exactly when I hit 20 contracts a few weeks ago. So maybe they are limiting number of contracts?

When I asked title services they told me I had a second member account. So if they will let me have any number of member accounts why limit to 20/member? Other than to limit vip benefits?

The title services people then said to just send a letter and they will combine the member accounts into whatever account I wanted. So at least the one title person doesn’t know of a contract limit/account?

Anyone else hit this limit recently? I’m going to send the letter and will update.

grab

TUG Member
Reaction score
Update, Wyndham confirmed today that they have a policy to set up an additional member number when a membership exceeds a certain amount of contracts - in my case 20 but they said it could happen at 10 or 15.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
Update, Wyndham confirmed today that they have a policy to set up an additional member number when a membership exceeds a certain amount of contracts - in my case 20 but they said it could happen at 10 or 15.

That seems very arbitrary unless there is more to it. Say a maximum number of points among however many deeds or contracts in an account. If they have a policy then by rights they should be uniformly enforcing it across the board with every owner's account. They should also state openly and clearly what the policy and the criteria are.

This seems just like when they realign an owners use year. You should be given an actual accounting of the calculations instead of being told this is what we did with no accounting. Especially since we know from what other owners have posted that mistakes were definitely made with a number of owners accounts when this was done with the new website.

grab

TUG Member
Reaction score
So today they put 3 contracts into the second member account they made me have since the first account hit 20 contracts AND they put the 21st contract in my original member account. What?!?!?

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
So today they put 3 contracts into the second member account they made me have since the first account hit 20 contracts AND they put the 21st contract in my original member account. What?!?!?

Insist they move the three into your first account. Threatening to not accept the contracts (and not pay maintenance fees) will help escalate to someone who will fix it

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access

Time to call owner care. Like I said I don't know how they can tell you anything is a policy unless it is in the directory or on the website somewhere and that it is enforced uniformly across the board among all owners. It seems that we are often at the whim of whoever is doing something and they tell us whatever they want that makes their lives easier. Tell them you want a letter or email from the legal department explaining this policy and its enforcement.

Last edited:

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
When I was doing this they oftentimes screwed up by creating a new account when I had an old account with only a few contracts. Ther was a time when I had 3 accounts with only one contract in each

I blamed this on an overworked transfer department and an individual that didn’t check for another account.

It was a simple matter to call owner care to consolidate

I’m guessing that they are trying to limit the number of resale points that get vip benefits. As we know everything in a vip account gets vip treatment. I had platinum accounts with the very minimum of vip qualified points and as many as 8 million resalepoints. All 9 million got vip benefits

Limit the number of contracts and they limit the number of “unqualified” vip discounts

grab

TUG Member
Reaction score
FWIW, Wyndham today combined the second account into my primary (gold) account. All 34 contracts now get gold benefits.