• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Ocean Towers "incidentals"

Tamaradarann

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC South Beach, HGVC Las Vegas, HGVC Las Vegas on the Strip, HGVC Sea World, Misner Place
This guideline is for luggage, but you could adapt it to groceries. Would one bag of groceries equal one suitcase? Or should it be two (or three) to one. And remember bags of groceries are much more likely to go sliding around on a cart than nice heavy pieces of luggage. Again, it would be added cost to your vacation.

Customary tip: $1 to $2 per bag, or a flat $5 plus $1 per bag, for storing bags or taking them to your room; $1 to $2 for a standard delivery.

I have heard the $1 or $2 per bag tip guideline before and I do keep it in mind when traveling. The loading and unloading of luggage usually takes a minute or two. However, the trip from the bell desk to the room is relatively short at the HHV; the worst time waster for the bellman is waiting for clear elevators to push the cart into. The Trip to the Ocean Tower has to take a significantly greater amount of time. Would the same standard prevail?

1Kflyerguy

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
I have heard the $1 or $2 per bag tip guideline before and I do keep it in mind when traveling. The loading and unloading of luggage usually takes a minute or two. However, the trip from the bell desk to the room is relatively short at the HHV; the worst time waster for the bellman is waiting for clear elevators to push the cart into. The Trip to the Ocean Tower has to take a significantly greater amount of time. Would the same standard prevail?

I had not really though about the distance. I don't often use bellman, but when I do i probably tip on the high side. I guess i might go a bit more with the ocean tower.

Wonder if they use the standard push carts, or use some sort of powered vehicle for baggage?

Islander7

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Bay Club
BHC W 57th
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Marriott Grand Chateau
Wonder if they use the standard push carts, or use some sort of powered vehicle for baggage?[/QUOTE]

Standard push carts, and they have an underground tunnel so they don't conflict with the guests while crossing the resort.

1Kflyerguy

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
Wonder if they use the standard push carts, or use some sort of powered vehicle for baggage?

Standard push carts, and they have an underground tunnel so they don't conflict with the guests while crossing the resort.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, That explains why i don't recall seeing the bellmen moving luggage around.

pacman

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was the OP on this thread and wanted to just give a quick update.
We just checked out of Ocean Towers and are now staying at Kingsland (both open season).
As others pointed out, the check-in was fine. We did have a large load of groceries from Costco, that the bellman was happy to bring to our room (tipped him $15 btw) We had a studio penthouse ocean view room, which we were very impressed with. We found the studio very roomy, and the view was awesome. My wife, especially, really liked the room. Nice big fridge, microwave, sink, no stove, no washer/dryer (at end of hall), no dishwasher, but a huge tv.
I did really find that it is far to walk anywhere. The layout of the ocean towers was sort of dumb, in that if you are in certain rooms, you have to walk a long way, just for an elevator. And then al long way to the pool area. The adult pool that is "inside" the towers is nice, but obviously, no view of the ocean. Will we stay again? - Probably yes, if I can get those open season rates in an ocean view. Club season is waaaay too pricey. Glad to answer any questions others may have.

Oh, and just to add, the original purpose of my thread was to ask about the "incidentals" charge. The only extra charge I got on check-out was the $30/day parking, so don't need to worry about the hold on the credit card.

Gary

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
@pacman, thanks for the update.