• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Oceana Palms lately?

Lisa8192

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello! Have some points leftover to use and I was thinking a few nights here in August.. lounging by a pool! Read there was construction going on.. anyone been there lately to report if it’s a big deal or not? Ocean Pointe has availability as well.. both look nice! Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hangloose

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Vista (x2)
Marriott's Maui Ocean Club
Marriott's Ko Olina Beach Club
Marriott's Ocean Pointe
Was at Ocean Pointe a couple weeks ago. It's looking nice. Weather was great. I recommend if you want to just relax by the pool and/or sit at the ocean.

While we've been to Singer Island many times, this is the first time I didn't venture up to Oceana Palms...so cannot comment on it's status. Normally, I walk or job up to it from Ocean Pointe..then back.

2disneydads

TUG Member
Reaction score
We were there for Memorial Day weekend. Things were great at the resort, although the weather was lousy. The construction next door creates done noise during the day, but not too much. There have been some adjustments to the cafe and store to avoid issues with the construction. We asked for a North view, so we didn't have any view compromise. I would not let the construction stop me from visiting whenever I could go.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
It’s a construction project that is on pace to take 100 years so even though it is finally visibly underway after 10 years they are clearly in no hurry.

Mlvnsmly

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Oceana Palms, Asia Pacific Points
We just checked out today and had an ocean front on the south corner. Construction was from 8 till 6 or so every day but Sunday. When inside the room with the balcony door closed, you can very barely hear the noise. Out on the balcony or at the pool, it can be very loud. At the pool, you will just naturally tune it out.

Also, the exterior of Oceana Palms is currently being painted. All oceanfront rooms currently have ropes in front of them for hanging scaffolding. Depending on where you are, they may be painting outside your window or even on your balcony. There is also an area of the pool that is fenced off for the painting.

Lisa8192

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone. Decisions...

Seaport104

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
We just checked out today and had an ocean front on the south corner. Construction was from 8 till 6 or so every day but Sunday. When inside the room with the balcony door closed, you can very barely hear the noise. Out on the balcony or at the pool, it can be very loud. At the pool, you will just naturally tune it out.

Also, the exterior of Oceana Palms is currently being painted. All oceanfront rooms currently have ropes in front of them for hanging scaffolding. Depending on where you are, they may be painting outside your window or even on your balcony. There is also an area of the pool that is fenced off for the painting.

Oh no, heading there for July 4th and have an oceanfront room booked. Do you know when they will finish exterior panting of the OF side of the building?

Mlvnsmly

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I'm not sure, but I know they have a schedule at the front desk. In the last week, they did not work around my room at all and the front desk knew that would be the case ahead of time. There were still a couple ropes in front of the bedroom window, but no big deal.

Lisa8192

TUG Member
Reaction score
Decided to take a chance and book Oceana Palms. Overall.. it looks like more of what we want vs. ocean point. It’ll be great..

Mlvnsmly

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I saw a picture from yesterday on Instagram with a TON of seaweed on the beach. It was not there last week. Does Oceana Palms generally clean this up?

dougp26364

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
Decided to take a chance and book Oceana Palms. Overall.. it looks like more of what we want vs. ocean point. It’ll be great..

I think you’ll enjoy Oceana Palms. It has more of a luxury boutique feel about it. We’ve been there twice but own at Ocean Pointe. Although we enjoy Oceana Palms it wasn’t enough to make us want to spend the $$ to upgrade. We love the resort feel we get at Ocean Pointe. I like the beach in front of Oceana Palms better though.

mj2vacation

Reaction score
I saw a picture from yesterday on Instagram with a TON of seaweed on the beach. It was not there last week. Does Oceana Palms generally clean this up?
The beach service crew typically raked and buries it every day.

We have been there about 15 times and never had any major issues on the beach. They keep it pretty clean.