• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Odd and Even years

Jzman1p

Reaction score
Can someone give me some ideas of how this work..I get the basic if u buy an odd year timeshare u get those years. My question is do u pay MF every year or just those years? Also how do they deed the resort if u only get 1/2the time..thanks

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
Even or odd hear contracts are written in the deed as such. So no issues on deeding.

There is either 1 of 2 ways your have to pay MFs. Some do it in only the years you owner. So you pay full MF every other year. However some resorts do it as you pay 1/2 every year. It just means that they are holding 1/2 your MF before it is really do, so not always a good plan. If the deed is in a club membership, you may have to pay an annual club due EVEN though you own every other year. So you may be paying for a club due annual and MF every other year.

Ask when you look at a resort because it does vary.

Last edited:

AwayWeGo

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
Different timeshares do it different ways. The rule of thumb is that there is no consistent rule of thumb.

We formerly owned an Orlando FL biennial timeshare that billed us every year. At the same time, we owned a Kissimmee FL triennial timeshare that billed us for the full use-year maintenance fee during our use year, then nothing during our 2 off years.

Later, we got rid of both of those & got a triennial points unit in Las Vegas that every year bills us for 1/3 of the use-year amount.

I hear that some timeshare companies (e.g., Wyndham) bill monthly for maintenance fees. Some might even bill quarterly.

So it goes.

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Marriott and Vistana bill 50% every year.

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
HGVC bills MF’s only the use year, but you pay the club dues every year.