• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Off to Frenchmans Cove Friday

turkel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Grand Chateau
Love the resort but that is very pricey in my book for a non-lockoff resort any where!

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
So
You may want to do what we did which was bring a cooler of frozen meats and seafood. I saw the recommendation on Facebook and decided to try it and boy glad we did. Eating out for 7 would've been expensive and it was nice to have dinners that were really delicious.

We are very excited. We are doing an owner-update--rescheduled from the hurricane--and have a 5 day/4 nite stay in Oct. It's a pretty good value at $99. :p

How did you carry the meat fish? Tips/tricks/containers? How much to transport?

thanks!

MOXJO7282

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
So

We are very excited. We are doing an owner-update--rescheduled from the hurricane--and have a 5 day/4 nite stay in Oct. It's a pretty good value at $99. :p

How did you carry the meat fish? Tips/tricks/containers? How much to transport?

thanks!
It was a soft case insulated cooler from Costco. We frozen everything and it stayed frozen for the 7-8 hours it wasn't in a freezer. Customs did look through it but didn't bother anything. It saved us at least $800+. i brought a london broil, a bag of shrimp, some Costco frozen salmon, frozen drink mixes, burgers, chicken breast and hot dogs. With 2 teenage boys it went quick. Also brought a Costco pulled pork package that really went far and everyone loved the pork nachos, tacos and quesadillas

jimf41

TUG Member
Reaction score
Love the resort but that is very pricey in my book for a non-lockoff resort any where!

Actually it's the same as Aruba and a little less than St Kitts and way less than Maui when you deduct the one time hurricane assessment. If you want 80 degrees every day in JAN-FEB-MAR it's about the cheapest beach Marriott in the system.

turkel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Grand Chateau
Lucky me, I am not a snowbird. No need to seek warmth in January,February, or March. I am happy to trade in during other times of the year.

I did really love FC and St. Thomas and hope to return someday but honestly there is no one place or resort I want to return to every year. Too many places to see and love!

HereAndThere

TUG Member
Reaction score
We love FC and have traded in to it twice. Our last visit was May 2017, and it was perfect. Our kids are older now, so it was a different type of vacation since they could do more. The resort had some fun games/contests (rum was usually the prize!) and we visited St. John and Jost van Dyke. @MOXJO7282 Were there still resort activities, including the catamaran cruise? Did you hear anything about the other islands? The VIs were always an awesome place to visit.

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Ocean (Enrolled)
MVC Trust Points
Luck of the Irish or only one playing?
There were several others. She won the 2 games they had planned for, and they jokingly added a 3rd to allow somebody else to win and she won that also. She tried to pass on accepting the 3rd prize, but everybody got such a kick out of it, they all insisted that she take all 3. We had plenty of rum drinks for the rest of the trip!! It was a good laugh for sure.

amanda14

Pool Education Team Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
I won one there once - they put 11 bottles in the water and you had to dive for them. It was my own personal triathalon. Upon coming to the surface with my booty the wife says- “seriously? Spiced Rum, you couldn’t get coconut? Love her.

MOXJO7282

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
So just bought a FC 3BDRM Gold. I got a good 2019 summer week with it which to me is always the key to a good deal. I really liked FC but my girls really LOVED it when we went in July. Really liked the 3BDRM/3BTH size. Once you stay in a 3BDRM you really appreciate the layout. I've been checking the market and finally saw a 3 BDRM unit. 2BDRM golds can be bought for practically nothing but I really wouldn't be interested in a 2BDRM. I can definitely see us using July 4th every year as a retreat for the family and guests.

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
So just bought a FC 3BDRM Gold. I got a good 2019 summer week with it which to me is always the key to a good deal. I really liked FC but my girls really LOVED it when we went in July. Really liked the 3BDRM/3BTH size. Once you stay in a 3BDRM you really appreciate the layout. I've been checking the market and finally saw a 3 BDRM unit. 2BDRM golds can be bought for practically nothing but I really wouldn't be interested in a 2BDRM. I can definitely see us using July 4th every year as a retreat for the family and guests.

Congratulations on finding what you were searching for!

One of my favorite excursions was done at FC. Night Kayaking in a glass bottom Kayak. Loved it!

MOXJO7282

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Congratulations on finding what you were searching for!

One of my favorite excursions was done at FC. Night Kayaking in a glass bottom Kayak. Loved it!
Yes that was very cool. We won 2 free kayaks from Bingo. The instructor guide was a fun surfer dude that knew his stuff so it turned out to be a great experience seeing some neat fish and a few sea turtles. What I like most about the resort was how close the pool is to the beach and the view from the pool and think when everything is rebuilt it will be very special.

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark

Joe, congratulations on this terrific purchase!

St. Thomas rocks and MFC is a great property, I know you will enjoy your week for years to come. I still hope we meet up at MOC one of these years for a Mai Tai, but I'd be equally happy if somehow we were having a Pain Killer at MFC -- we will make it work. Fingers crossed on no ROFR issues -- thanks again for the update!

Best,

Greg

bazzap

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
Let us know the result...and the amount!

jimf41

TUG Member
Reaction score
Assuming this is still the best source of such information, they don’t
https://advantagevacation.com/marriotts-right-of-first-refusal-terms-and-policy/

There is no ROFR at any TS in the USVI because the law prohibits it. That said I got into a bit of an argument on my last TS show with the sales director who insisted that not only does MFC have ROFR but so do the other resorts in MVC. After we left and I cooled off a little bit with the help of my friend Stella and I realized that he wasn't considering weeks even though we were talking about resale weeks. He was giving the correct answer for points. Whether he knew the difference and was trying to confuse me or he was just ignorant of the product he sells I can only guess.