• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Official Secrets of OWNERS (please) Four Seasons Aviara Thread

zentraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Four Seasons Residence Club

GregGH

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi to all
Surprised at what nice weeks are available for drawing to Costa Rica & Punta Mita this year - and even some ski weeks for Jackson Hole ( not so much for Vail ) ..good luck for all who enter the draw - our time at Punta Mita was sweet.

Image is our daughter & son-in-law enjoying sunset from plunge pool off the balcony at Punta Mita
IMG_1589.jpeg

zentraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Can anyone help me understand why these weeks (see below) are priced so low? I do know that there are various reasons why our weeks are less valuable and not more, and we did not get what we were promised when we bought 23 years ago (lots more lock off properties all over the world etc.) but we are still quite happy owning our gold week. This seems baffling to me so I wonder if there is something I don't know about plans for this property??

EXCLUSIVE OFFER, 2020 MAINTENANCE INCLUDED
FOR AVIARA OWNERS

Dear Owners,

We are pleased to announce an exclusive offer for Aviara Owners who are interested in adding to their ownership.
Only 25 Gold two-bedroom annual intervals are available at this special price. First use year is 2020.Maintenance fees for 2020 are included in this “all-in” package price.
This offering is available beginning Monday, October 28, 2019, only through the Association’s Designated Broker, TRI
$4,450 “all-in” package includes:
One Gold season two-bedroom annual interval

All standard closing costs (escrow, title insurance, recording, transfer fees)

2020 use week included (some intervals have reservations already in place)

Pay no maintenance fees until 2021 use year (due December 2020)

Four Seasons Club Exchange privileges transfer

Bao Nguyen

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Villa Del Palmar
Hi everyone, I'm thinking adding Four Seasons. there are a few eBay listing for Gold season for $1. Any extra costs beside M/F? I'm not planning to sign up internval. Thanks

GregGH

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone
Here at Aviara for a while -- we moved our normal Jan-March weeks for 2021 due to border closure and our habit of driving with our Golden --so we got here Thanksgiving week until late March -- joining up with our 2022 weeks. Look forward the major redo for the kitchen that is upcoming. Lots of tree removal going on now. On site Seasons restaurant has been good but CoVid has the spa closed ( no loss for me :) I love this weather here ...so does my Golden.

Greg

vail

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone
Here at Aviara for a while -- we moved our normal Jan-March weeks for 2021 due to border closure and our habit of driving with our Golden --so we got here Thanksgiving week until late March -- joining up with our 2022 weeks. Look forward the major redo for the kitchen that is upcoming. Lots of tree removal going on now. On site Seasons restaurant has been good but CoVid has the spa closed ( no loss for me :) I love this weather here ...so does my Golden.

Greg
Complete kitchen replacement?

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
We were just at Four Seasons Aviara. We are owners. It was my first time visiting. I have always read on TUG about how beautiful the units are. Maybe I just had high expectations but the units looked like they needed a major overhaul. It did not look as well maintained as I expected on the inside. The kitchen was poorly stocked. I do not know what the kitchen looked like before but it looked like an average kitchen to me.

GregGH

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
We were just at Four Seasons Aviara. We are owners. It was my first time visiting. I have always read on TUG about how beautiful the units are. Maybe I just had high expectations but the units looked like they needed a major overhaul. It did not look as well maintained as I expected on the inside. The kitchen was poorly stocked. I do not know what the kitchen looked like before but it looked like an average kitchen to me.
Hi TravelTime. ... what. unit are you in ? I agree that the kitchen is due for the overhaul as I mentioned above - but for the overall condition of any unit - wow - I am surprised your unit doesn't impress you.

CoVid was the reason they took out a bunch of kitchen items -- just call to get what you need- they have a list but they have more items ... for example we need more scissors and pots. The one thing we have to get elsewhere are wine glasses that we 'like'. If there is anything you need - you just ask. Best example is one time we switched from Meadows to Summits as a test ... and the new bed was too hard ... a call and we had the softer bed delivered.

We are here in 2721 til end of March - call and drop by for a drink if you have time.

PS - think about scheduling your cleaning time daily - we see a lot of people with 'do not disturb' signs on doors ... just arrange the time you want to be out of the unit for your daily cleaning.

Greg

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
Hi TravelTime. ... what. unit are you in ? I agree that the kitchen is due for the overhaul as I mentioned above - but for the overall condition of any unit - wow - I am surprised your unit doesn't impress you.

CoVid was the reason they took out a bunch of kitchen items -- just call to get what you need- they have a list but they have more items ... for example we need more scissors and pots. The one thing we have to get elsewhere are wine glasses that we 'like'. If there is anything you need - you just ask. Best example is one time we switched from Meadows to Summits as a test ... and the new bed was too hard ... a call and we had the softer bed delivered.

We are here in 2721 til end of March - call and drop by for a drink if you have time.

PS - think about scheduling your cleaning time daily - we see a lot of people with 'do not disturb' signs on doors ... just arrange the time you want to be out of the unit for your daily cleaning.

Greg

Thank you for the invitation but we are not there now. We were only there for a week between Christmas and New Years.. We were in Meadows in the second building on the parking lot level. I can’t remember the room number. Thanks for letting me know you can request anything you need. We did request a few things and they brought it to us.

GregGH

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the invitation but we are not there now. We were only there for a week between Christmas and New Years.. We were in Meadows in the second building on the parking lot level. I can’t remember the room number. Thanks for letting me know you can request anything you need. We did request a few things and they brought it to us.
Hi

Weather between Christmas and News Years was terrible ... this area is so much better with the sunshine we have had since then. If interested you can log in to the Owners web site and read the BofD minutes and see the financial data - this is interesting. Hopefully CoVid is gone soon and things get back to more normal.

Greg

otodd

TUG Member
Reaction score
I believe the level of general maintenance continues to be very high, and there is no need for a significant overhaul.

I can confirm housekeeping is good about bringing a laundry basket of items when requested. Restocking the kitchens to their previous robust levels would be welcoming, when possible. The newer blender works great.

The service at Park Hyatt’s Pacific Point lounge bar was horrible. Has anyone experienced there, Ponto Lago or Ember/Rye? Service/food?

Last edited:

zentraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I believe the level of general maintenance continues to be very high, and there is no need for a significant overhaul.

I can confirm housekeeping is good about bringing a laundry basket of items when requested. Restocking the kitchens to their previous robust levels would be welcoming, when possible. The newer blender works great.

The service at Park Hyatt’s Pacific Point lounge bar was horrible. Has anyone experienced there, Ponto Lago or Ember/Rye? Service/food?

We own there also although because we have family in the area don't stay there very much. Have always found it top notch and the staff will get you anything you need. It is, indeed, such a sad change that the Parc Hyatt took over the Four Seasons Hotel. That was such a nice complex and worked so well.

shoeslover05

Reaction score
Hello all, I am new to this thread as I am considering buying at this location. I saw some at resale market here and they are listed low (naked deeds) however, the one with ”club privileges“ are varies from $1500-10k. I am not sure if the club privileges is worth the start up cost as the maintenance fee is pushing over $2500 a year already. Please help me understand the world of timeshare a bit. what is the best way to use this timeshare/trading strategy etc. We like that it is relatively close to where we live and the LO/short stay is very appealing and course the 5 stars accommodation. Any insight or feedback is greatly appreciate.

phillyflyer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Aviara
I personally think Aviara is a good buy if you plan on vacationing longer term as you get access to Elite Alliance, may win lottery, and can rent them fairly easily for maintenance fees. Would be great if they offerred some type of status with their hotels or some super discounted hotel stays.

GregGH

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Here are photo's the 'demo' unit ( unit 16 ) - these are the 1 bedroom 'lock off studio' .... updates for all units start this fall at the Summit's. then down to the Meadows. No owners surcharge for this update. Looks sweet.

Screenshot 2024-02-06 at 5.17.18 PM.png
Screenshot 2024-02-06 at 5.17.28 PM.png
Screenshot 2024-02-06 at 5.17.42 PM.png
Screenshot 2024-02-06 at 5.17.51 PM.png
Screenshot 2024-02-06 at 5.18.00 PM.png
Screenshot 2024-02-06 at 5.18.13 PM.png
Screenshot 2024-02-06 at 5.18.23 PM.png

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Thanks for the update.

Seamaster

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Christie Lodge
Hello, I'm also considering purchasing resale here. It looks like the deal is not for the summer weeks though and it is a stand alone one bedroom. My concern is I've read on this thread you need at least two in order to get weeks you want. Also, when renting it out, is the resort okay with that?

GregGH

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi Seamaster. A couple of points ... I would not recommend buying a unit at Aviara if you want to rent out - for me that stress if not worth it. Yes the summer is very busy with many from Texas avoiding their hot weather - but most other times there is availability - be prompt on the 12 month time gets you want you need most often.

Have you stayed he previously? If not - why not rent for your first stay to see how this place fits your needs.