• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Once Rescinded

Sdot2828

Reaction score
Hi all. I've took all of your advice and went forward rescinding my Welk Resorts timeshare. I followed what it said to do exactly and mailed it out today. Now that I've done this, when should I expect a response? And what is the next step? Thank you

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Hi all. I've took all of your advice and went forward rescinding my Welk Resorts timeshare. I followed what it said to do exactly and mailed it out today. Now that I've done this, when should I expect a response? And what is the next step? Thank you

You now should expect a whining/pleading/scolding call from the sales person. Don't take the call, and don't respond to any emails from them. Sales people have NO impact on your right to rescind - ignore them.

If you haven't already done so, dispute any payments you've made on your credit card, and block any future payments.

Then - just - wait - Welk will probably take the maximum time allowed to process your rescission (hoping that the sales person will get to you in the meantime) which is probably 30-45 days.

Don't call them - calling has no legal standing, and you will just get the hard sell all over again, and may get talked out of rescinding.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
They MUST process the rescission. They are under no obligation to give you any progress report, or do ANYTHING except process the rescission and refund your money already paid. It's possible that you'll get calls from the sales dept to try to dissuade you, offering all kinds of additional bonuses and perks. Best to not answer any calls from numbers you don't recognize. It could take up to 45 days for a credit to appear in your credit card or bank account (wherever they return your down payment.

You should return any promotional materials to them- do it by cheapest means.

And you're done.

If the concept of timeshare still appeals, take your time. Study here at TUG university. Find some nice resort that works for you. Most importantly, if you choose to buy, buy resale. But really, today, you can rent for (in many cases) less than the cost of MF, and with zero buy-in cost. You can find these rentals in the TUG marketplace (red stripe above here) or in Last minute Rental forum- where they are limited to $100 per night, or on eBay od Redweek.

We're glad you made the smart decision to rescind and do some studying. You can quietly and thankfully count the money TUG saved you.

You're welcome!

Jim

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
congrats on finding us in time!

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
But really, today, you can rent for (in many cases) less than the cost of MF, and with zero buy-in cost. You can find these rentals in the TUG marketplace (red stripe above here) or in Last minute Rental forum- where they are limited to $100 per night, or on eBay od Redweek.

Not only that, but you will not have to worry about what to do with your TS if/when the time comes that you feel you no longer want it. As well, you won't have to worry about what will happen to your heirs or estate when your eventual passing comes.

The other main advantage is that if you want to "exchange", you don't have to pay RCI's or II's membership fees nor will you have to pay any exchange company an exchange fee. Besides, it's easier to find what you want, when you want, and where you want via a rental than an exchange.

Kunwar Singh

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
welk

Scott, Can you suggest me the exact address to send the letter to Rescind the Welk Platinum Timeshare which i bought yesterday.
Thanks and i would really appreciate the reply.

jwalk03

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Scott, Can you suggest me the exact address to send the letter to Rescind the Welk Platinum Timeshare which i bought yesterday.
Thanks and i would really appreciate the reply.

Look through all of your paperwork. The instructions for rescinding your purchase including the address will be found there. You need to follow the instructions exactly.

Kunwar Singh

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
welk
Look through all of your paperwork. The instructions for rescinding your purchase including the address will be found there. You need to follow the instructions exactly.
Thanks...Now they have changed the paperwork and keep the address very vague, however i am sending it to 4 different addresses and the one in escondido, CA, Accounting department. Only clear instruction is that it should be written and certified with return receipt mail within 5 days. Hopefully it will work. Thanks for the prompt reply. I also went through the flash drive and there is no information to rescind and cancel in it. What a mess...:)