• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

One Plus One -- What are they really worth?

SBK

TUG Member
Reaction score
What are these really worth? And what have you found to be parameters for using them?

I am assuming that they probably won't get anything but low level Extra Vacations? Or do they get trades on a par with what you deposited?

Yesterday I tried to see if my one plus one would pull a week in 2007 that I could see with a week comparable to the one that earned us the one plus one. The VG said that the 1 & 1 couldn't see anything in 2007.

I would appreciate any insight.

Last edited:
J

JoeMid

1+1s are almost useless, their strength has NOTHING to do with the week deposited or traded that 'earned' the 1+1. Good luck in using them for anything of value these days, they used to be better in years past in my opinion. I've got like ten of 'em and don't see where I'll use any given their pulling power.

TravelSFO

TUG Member
Reaction score
Also, a bad sign is that a VG will never ask me "would you like to exchange using (one of your SIX) one-plus-one weeks?"

I'm pretty sure there is no incentive to make that exchange if you are a VG.

They are pretty excited if you decide to confirm an exchange using a deposited week, though. :D

glenn1000

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Worthless

Though a few people have been able to use these, I find them completely worthless. I just let them expire.

bellesgirl

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
If you see an extra vacation that is cheap, you might be able to save a few bucks with the 1+1 - if it is in the right area. I once used a couple for bonus weeks in Mexico. It doesn't hurt to ask.

SherryS

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I think I saved $40 last fall when I used my one plus one instead of a fall last minute bonus week "rental" price.

myip

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Everytime I asked to use it and they always say, 1+1 cannot pull it even the week in Extra Vacation for $400.